Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 01:54 AM

3,409 posts, read 4,644,406 times

Advertisements

Yank here! I've always had a fascination with Australia since I can remember. I was into all the movies over the years about it as well. Mad Max, Crocodile Dundee etc. I also have a favo that is one of the greatest Rock bands in the world. I think the blokes are cool and the women sexy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98I85ceICRM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2011, 05:37 PM

165 posts, read 530,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohammad Shalauddin View Post
I am Mohammad Shalauddin ... from Bangladesh... Bangladesh is the beautiful country of the world. we say it is the queen of the world.It have nice river, nice beach (cox-bazar) nice man & women... all every thing in the world.
thanks to all.

home dhaka, bangladesh
And you can be proud of your fellow countryman described here
Muhammad Yunus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm sorry that much of low-lying Bangladesh is slowly sinking due to global warming. I understand that the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation is developing floating schools, floating homes, and floating hospitals to try and save the population.

Old 03-22-2011, 08:53 PM

3,804 posts, read 6,170,358 times
I've never met a rude moose.

Old 03-22-2011, 08:57 PM

614 posts, read 3,210,826 times
I have to also say that all of the Spanish people I've met seem to have a positive outlook on life and a lively, fun-filled culture as well as great food.

Old 03-22-2011, 11:53 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,941,000 times
Iran is a wonderful country. The people are very nice to each other, and respect each other's dignity. They are patient and generous. It's mostly a dry climate, but they very proudly keep their towns nice and green, with lots of flowers and well-kept gardens, and are very careful about having attractive surroundings. It's a pleasure to visit Iran.

By the way, one should never judge a country or its culture by the emigrants that you meet abroad. The kinds of people who have emigrated are very different from the ones why were content to remain in their homeland. People who emigrate are restless and aggressive, and their effort to strive to get ahead often takes precedence over the simple dignity of the life they left behind.

Old 03-24-2011, 05:19 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,275,143 times
I love the slower pace of Europe.

Even if it's a bit inconvenient (oh oh, requires planning), I like that stores are closed early in the evenings and on Sunday.
I love the convenience and comfort of train travel, relaxing as the countryside changes and I arrive well rested and ready to go; no stau's!
I love that I can travel to another country and culture in a few hours, the museums, lilting voices of diverse languages, changing architecture...
I love national/local costumes and music, even oomphapha has it's place!

Old 03-24-2011, 05:24 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,275,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcoyoteloco View Post
About 25 years ago I was hitch-hiking around the island of Okinawa. I decided to camp on the beach of this peaceful cove where the small village of Aha is located. I had the entire beach to myself, so the first evening I just sat outside my tent enjoying my little campfire and the night breeze off the ocean.

Suddenly, about four or five small pickups came down the road from the village and started driving straight towards my camp. I'm embarrassed to say my first thought was that I was about to have my ass thoroughly kicked by the locals.

I couldn't have been more wrong. It was just a bunch of the local men who were curious about the gaijin who was camping alone (Okinawans tend to do things in groups or at least with one or two other people). Apparently they felt that the polite thing to do would be to alleviate my "loneliness" with snacks, beer, and a couple of bottles of awamori, a potent liquor distilled from rice.

Long story short, I had a really great time and ended up staying for a couple more days. I was even invited to a family's home for dinner one evening.

Everybody was very curious and I'm pretty sure were a little sorry for me because I obviously didn't have any friends. I tried to explain that for a Westerner travelling alone is fairly common, but I don't think they entirely believed me!

Okinawans are a wonderful, kind, very non-violent people that have had to put up with a lot of outside interference over the centuries. I hope I can go back someday.

I'd love to hear your stories, if you'd like to tell them.
I lived in Okinawa for over 2 years.
I'd have to agree with your statement.
Lots of Oki's are members of the Hash House Harriers and are some of the funniest, most generous people you'll ever meet.
My old office mates are sending me a box of Oki specialties - I can't wait!

Old 03-24-2011, 01:51 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,215,838 times
Thailand land of the smile. beautiful people, wonderful culture great food.

Old 03-24-2011, 02:10 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,515,379 times
The Dutch in the Netherlands speak excellent English... I can actually understand what they are saying better than I can many English or Americans.

Old 03-24-2011, 02:16 PM

1,654 posts, read 5,853,802 times
Italy - beautiful women, great cars, amazing food, most cultured country in the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World