Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 06:44 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times

Advertisements

I've seen hundreds of hours of video of people in Muslim countries burning our flag. Should we continue to ignore it, or should we give them a taste of their own medicine?

Old 09-10-2010, 07:05 PM

5,921 posts, read 13,856,642 times
<<<should we give them a taste of their own medicine?>>>
Why ?
What would that accomplish ?
I was under the opinion that *an eye for an eye* was not the American way !!

<<<continue to ignore it>>>
No we should not.
But we do need to find other ways to *fix* those problems.
How ? I really do not know .. ?

To the OP :
Are you planning something ?

Old 09-10-2010, 07:11 PM

693 posts, read 1,606,663 times
Ignore it. And in America there is freedom of speech, which allows for both flag burning and Quran burning alike. Let's not see that freedom taken away with political correctness or hatred towards others.

Old 09-10-2010, 07:42 PM

16,259 posts, read 43,195,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I've seen hundreds of hours of video of people in Muslim countries burning our flag. Should we continue to ignore it, or should we give them a taste of their own medicine?
hatred meets hatred. Would love to put all you guys in one island, and leave the rest of the world in peace.

Old 09-10-2010, 08:11 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melbern View Post
Ignore it. And in America there is freedom of speech, which allows for both flag burning and Quran burning alike. Let's not see that freedom taken away with political correctness or hatred towards others.
It wasn't meant to be a 1st amendment argument.

I just wanted to see what people thought.

Not much support I see.

Old 09-10-2010, 09:11 PM

693 posts, read 1,606,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
It wasn't meant to be a 1st amendment argument.

I just wanted to see what people thought.

Not much support I see.
It all boils down to the same thing. Did you really think a bunch of people would be rallying behind the idea?

Old 09-10-2010, 09:17 PM

34 posts, read 66,735 times
Hell no! We shouldn't stand for burning of flags, the Quran, Bible or anything of that nature. We need laws to actually stand behing not doing these things. Freedom of speech has went a little too far. Alot songs and TV shows are about sex or alchohol. We need our government to not be scared and take a stand. Stop playing the fence for votes.

Old 09-10-2010, 09:54 PM

342 posts, read 1,926,926 times
Violence... that sure did us a lot of good in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Vietnam...

Old 09-10-2010, 09:59 PM

9,470 posts, read 10,805,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOPDOG813 View Post
Hell no! We shouldn't stand for burning of flags, the Quran, Bible or anything of that nature. We need laws to actually stand behing not doing these things. Freedom of speech has went a little too far. Alot songs and TV shows are about sex or alchohol. We need our government to not be scared and take a stand. Stop playing the fence for votes.

Political speech or expression should be protected at all cost. Burning a flag or a religious symbol may offend many people but it is protected. Who is going to decide what is acceptable and what is not?? Do you want to trust the goverment that much? I sure dont. As Americans we have the right to speak out against the goverment, or any other institutions in this nation. If this means burning a koran than so be it. This guy in Florida may be a bit nutty but he has every right to do it. I dont feel sorry for the muslims anyway, they attacked this nation, run it down every chance they get and burn our flag, cut down the Christian faith. Its not surprising that some Americans now have a deep hatred toward them as well. They have earned our hatred. Now I support your point about TV and all the sex and drugs. I do not belive vulgarity is protected under free speech.

Old 09-10-2010, 10:26 PM

16,259 posts, read 43,195,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
I dont feel sorry for the muslims anyway, they attacked this nation, run it down every chance they get and burn our flag, cut down the Christian faith. Its not surprising that some Americans now have a deep hatred toward them as well.
Hatred begets hatred.

I would say that the percentage of hate-filled muslims is about the same as the percentage of hate-filled christians.

Both religions would be better off if they could put the minuscle amount of hate-filled ones and put them on an island altogether...and leave the rest of them alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World