U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 01:16 PM

11 posts, read 17,799 times

Advertisements

how much in euros or dollars do u need in yours country to be happy. to do or buy thing u like. to live life you want.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2010, 01:40 PM

23,883 posts, read 68,325,965 times
Can you really measure happiness with money?
Some need more,some need less.

Old 10-08-2010, 01:47 PM

11 posts, read 17,799 times
yeah thats why i ask how much do YOU need. i understand some ppl don't care for bentlys and some would sell their parents for it.
i know money is not happiness- but can buy you things you want or life u want.
i know some ppl are perfectly happy with 30K some need 300K. personaly i don't need much to be happy, so i'm wondering about you

Old 10-08-2010, 04:44 PM

3,359 posts, read 6,925,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tammy158 View Post
yeah thats why i ask how much do YOU need. i understand some ppl don't care for bentlys and some would sell their parents for it.
i know money is not happiness- but can buy you things you want or life u want.
i know some ppl are perfectly happy with 30K some need 300K. personaly i don't need much to be happy, so i'm wondering about you
This is a reasonable question...

In America...you really can't move, without money...

It's not that money buys you happiness...what it does get you, is freedom and comfort...

If you could aquire 'stuff' without money, I'm sure people would...(I guess some steal)

Money buys you freedom and comfort...most don't want to spend the rest of their healthy years labouring away at a job they don't like...having lot's of excess money free's you from that...

Your imagination and creativity is best when your a kid, or when you don't have to worry about bills or wear yourself out on the job everyday...

Money buys comfort...

With money, you have more say over your living enviornment...and with that comes a lot more peace of mind...(for most)...

In America, i'de say you must earn a minimum of $1500.00 dollors a month...that's considered poverty...but if your single...you can make it off that...

America is a capitolistic nation...your only value here is really how much money you can spend to help support economy and government...

Man could of devised any system in which to get by down here on earth...
He chose money...as a means to barter...

The money system is responsible for great poverty...and it's responsible for great wealth...

Old 10-08-2010, 05:27 PM

3,514 posts, read 4,552,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tammy158 View Post
how much in euros or dollars do u need in yours country to be happy. to do or buy thing u like. to live life you want.
US$600-800 monthly to live reasonably well (lower middle class). A house can be rented for US$150-200 and food is quite cheap as well. This is the east coast of Malaysia.

Old 10-08-2010, 05:55 PM

3,359 posts, read 6,925,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teak View Post
US$600-800 monthly to live reasonably well (lower middle class). A house can be rented for US$150-200 and food is quite cheap as well. This is the east coast of Malaysia.
Dang, I need to move to Malaysia, I'de be considered rich there, or at least well off...

Is Malaysia a Islamic nation??

Old 10-09-2010, 10:34 PM

5,062 posts, read 4,389,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
Dang, I need to move to Malaysia, I'de be considered rich there, or at least well off...

Is Malaysia a Islamic nation??
Malaysia has an Islamic majority but has a large minority Buddihst,Christian and Hindu folk.
This country has done rather well over the past twenty years and is not as cheap as it's neighbours,Indonesia or Thailand and is in fact a little expensive beside them but less than Western nations.
Friendly people,great food and on top of that encourages foreigners to retire there who have a bit of money.

Old 10-09-2010, 11:09 PM

47,678 posts, read 68,465,948 times
It is really a subjective perception of happiness: one is happy with a little log-house by the sea, a small boat, simple living far from city, good book, animals and nature; another can't get happy with a big mansion, several cars, yacht, fat bank account, and travel around the world...

Old 10-09-2010, 11:32 PM

5,008 posts, read 11,545,895 times
In the US it really depends. Where I live right now in Seattle, you need about $90k or more to live comfortably.

Old 10-10-2010, 12:05 AM

16,196 posts, read 39,358,858 times
I live in Japan with a wife and kid, and live well on $35,000/year just on my income alone. We also do some good international travel a couple times a year.

I'm also an American. But I think for your average American, if they were to live in Japan and do international travel on top of that, would need double or triple that. I'm not really into shopping, gas guzzling cars, and such. If that isn't part of your lifestyle, you can get by with much less financial needs anywhere in the world, including the States.

Although, granted with the States severe lack of public transportation and everything being very car-centric....plus everything is zoned to hell - residential far from businesses, etc. It is absolutely required that you spend a high amount of income on gas, cars, and the rest.

I don't think I could live on my income with a family in the States actually. But Japan, even though a more expensive country, it is easy to do - I don't need a car for one, yet can get anywhere and everywhere incredibly easily. Especially with a family, being free of a mandatory two car purchase and all the expenses to run and maintain them is eliminated. Hence I have a lot more disposable income even with a seemingly low salary by US standards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World