U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 08:41 PM

245 posts, read 302,494 times

Advertisements

I have looked at those last posted before and I wrote
Quote:
without risk of disasters,
as may strike San Diego and Costa Rica. Also forgot I dislike amounts of lethal animals, we have hardly none in EUrope.

SA is english-speaking and has a nice climate, but the blacks crimes makes white folks migrate from SA.

I've dismissed Albuquerque before, forgot why, perhaps to much alike Phoenix/Tucson as I looked upon first.

Found no place in Italy before but will look again, keep looking in England and will peep on Virginia or North Carolina now.

Thank u all, who doesnt wish to find such a place as I seek
Rate this post positively

Old 07-15-2007, 08:56 PM
MsV

2,604 posts, read 1,048,915 times
In USA,
Virginia is beautiful and moderate weather with no overt disaster issues, also
Amelia Island, Florida - in northeast Florida, out of Jacksonville,FLA - resort island living ~ hasn't been hit by a hurricaine or tropical storm in 107 years.

You can only prepare so much Najt, no one can really predict for you a "safe" environment with the ever-present continually-changing weather patterns as well as increasing crime potential, but Best Wishes & Good luck!

Old 07-15-2007, 11:26 PM

So much to read surfing, San Jose/Diego seem to have best climate, minus lethal creeps, quakes and bushfires?

Albuquerque has snow and ice, perhaps not so much, also a high crimerate.

Tallahassee may be nice.

Gotto sleep and work, I'll be back

Old 07-17-2007, 01:49 PM

Question Update

San Diego was very close until I looked upon those earthquakes again, as rules it out I guess.

So far the outskirts of Rome in Italy seems nicer, I like to be close to a major city as I am now. Major citys have some ruff stuff, but the best service with large hospitals here when you need it. I seldom do, 5 minutes away by car from one but know its value sometimes.

I could have gotten killed on an icespot on the road once with my Porsche on a tree, have fallen other times, I dont ever wish to see those again IRL. Where I live its hard to go out some days due to ice. So I escaped to Spain some winters, its like AZ incl. to hot summers, minus those lethal animals etc.

Anyway to get it nice all year round without moving, I keep scouting. Also looked after large cities in VA and NC, wasnt so many, all with high crimerates and many blacks living there, is it always so?

Old 07-23-2007, 11:19 PM

6 posts, read 28,306 times
Hi Najt,

I don't know much about the crime rates or people that live in these two states.

As for myself... I would choose Florida or Oregon, Spain, the Netherlands, New Zealand or Greece.

Greece is supposedly beautiful with a low crime rate, has nice weather, and friendly people living there.

New Zealand is similar to Greece in the same respect. I think I heard that some of the taxes are low in New Zealand as well.

As for a good government and the laws - I would choose Oregon or the Netherlands. I think the crime rate is low in Holland. The weather isn't bad in these places either.

Florida (The Sunshine State) has much to offer in terms of good weather and activities.

I don't know very much about Spain but heard that it is very beautiful there.

Old 07-27-2007, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicegirl View Post
Hi Najt,
I don't know much about the crime rates or people that live in these two states.
As for myself... I would choose Florida or Oregon, Spain, the Netherlands, New Zealand or Greece.
Greece is supposedly beautiful with a low crime rate, has nice weather, and friendly people living there.
New Zealand is similar to Greece in the same respect. I think I heard that some of the taxes are low in New Zealand as well.
As for a good government and the laws - I would choose Oregon or the Netherlands. I think the crime rate is low in Holland. The weather isn't bad in these places either.
Florida (The Sunshine State) has much to offer in terms of good weather and activities.
I don't know very much about Spain but heard that it is very beautiful there.
Hi Spice, I heard You sing also
Most of Fla have hurricanes, Oregon ice and snow, Spain is very hot in summer, but so nice so I have lived and still have apts there. NZ have risk of earthquakes, seems nice otherwise, they must have sun UV problems also since Australia have it.
Holland is very much like us and warmer with less snow and ice, most or all of Holland is beyond sea-level and will face new problems not to get drowned.
Greece is very hot and burning now.

We have nice summertime here now, best time to be here, in wintertime I just like to get out sometimes. Many around here also lives in Spain, finer ones in France.
A new place is Thailand cause its warm and cheap, I doub it so far

Old 07-27-2007, 10:24 PM

4,282 posts, read 15,182,231 times
Forgetting about those nasty tsunamis in Thailand? And the very real risk of malaria?

The perfect place simply doesn't exist.

Old 07-27-2007, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornerguy1 View Post
Forgetting about those nasty tsunamis in Thailand? And the very real risk of malaria?
The perfect place simply doesn't exist.
As written I doubt that place. Tsunamis isnt so often and not where I will live, but so much is different there, very popular cause its warm and cheap like Spain used to be.

No place is perfect but some are near

Here I hate only our winters with ice on our roads and a bit to cold or very cold, only a short while. But I do have some interests in US, Michigan or Arizona first or some other place. Az and Mi are like Sweden and Spain, some of us lives in both.

Overdue to sleep here, hasta la vista compadres.

Old 07-30-2007, 04:54 AM

272 posts, read 1,454,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Najt View Post
I've dismissed Albuquerque before, forgot why, perhaps to much alike Phoenix/Tucson as I looked upon first.
Albuquerque is nothing like Phoenix/Tucson, but nevertheless I have the impression it wouldn't be for you. Eastern Washington (Spokane area) has lots of Swedes, too (I'm of Swedish descent myself and lived there for a time), but it's too cold in the winter for what you're looking for.

Take a look at Charleston, South Carolina. Quite a nice city. http://www.charlestoncvb.com/

Tallahassee and Jacksonville in north Florida are good. It gets cold in the winter, but not snow and ice cold. Better to live near St. Augustine and have Jacksonville close by... Both are outside the main hurricane belt, so not so much danger as other places in Florida. Summers are not as hot as in southern Florida.

San Miguel de Allende, Los Cabos or Manzanillo/Costa Alegre in Mexico.

Aix-en-Provence, France?

The Algarve, Portugal?

San Diego definitely has some of the best year round weather anywhere, but it's very expensive and there are those pesky earthquakes to worry about.

Old 08-01-2007, 02:56 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,656,633 times
Quote:
"Tallahassee and Jacksonville in north Florida are good. It gets cold in the winter, but not snow and ice cold. Better to live near St. Augustine and have Jacksonville close by... Both are outside the main hurricane belt, so not so much danger as other places in Florida. Summers are not as hot as in southern Florida."
WRONG. North Florida is colder in winter and hotter in Summer than South Florida.

S Florida gets a bad rap, and even I complain about it sometimes. However, hurricanes are easy to get out of the way of, and if you live 2 miles or more from the coast the danger is alot less (I live right on the coast of Old Tampa Bay so I'm a moron). The weather here is phenomenal! November - March our average daily high is 73 and the average overnight low is 60. It hardly rains in winter and there is almost no humidity. Spring and Fall highs are in the 80's with lows in the 60's and 70's. June through September are HOT and HUMID (average high is 90 -- Tampa has never seen temps in triple digits, though), but once you get used to it it's not so bad. We are also very prepared to deal with heat. Everything is airconditioned, etc. You'd like the weather here.

Natural Disasters: Yup. We have a risk of hurricanes, I've been through 3 hurricanes and a number of tropical storms (they don't strike the whole state, so just because you hear a hurricane is hitting Florida, doesn't mean your particular city is getting it) and I'm fine, my home is fine, my friends are fine...it's just not that bad. Be prepared from June through November and enjoy the parties everytime a storm is blowing through (yes, we have them and it's fun!).

We are one of the few places on earth that have virtually NO risk of earthquakes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.