U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Which country has most beautiful/sexiest men?
The Caribbean 25 5.24%
West Africa 3 0.63%
North Africa 3 0.63%
East Africa 6 1.26%
South Africa 3 0.63%
South America 32 6.71%
Italy 82 17.19%
France 23 4.82%
Spain 35 7.34%
Russia 28 5.87%
East Asia 18 3.77%
South Asia 10 2.10%
Greece 22 4.61%
Germany 37 7.76%
Turkey 20 4.19%
Indonesia 1 0.21%
Mexico 8 1.68%
Iraq 10 2.10%
Other-Please Mention 111 23.27%
Voters: 477. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-26-2008, 01:40 PM
 
Location: CA
3,469 posts, read 7,491,790 times
Reputation: 4816

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aconitum View Post
*cough*plastic surgery*cough*
Not all of us live in Hollywood, okay.
Men are less likely to get plastic surgery than women anyway.

Cali has such an influx of people from other states & countries, that it's hard to compare it to places outside the US where people tend to be of one ethnicity. People here are more concerned with healthy eating, staying in shape, and grooming stylishly than many other states, and all of that goes far for looks, so in that respect it probably takes the cake for best looking state.
I myself have not been so charmed by that many guys here. Every other state I've visited impressed me even less....so I'm thinking the US is not in top for best looking men.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-26-2008, 08:03 PM
 
Location: Gulfport, MS
469 posts, read 2,613,150 times
Reputation: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
I'm sure there's good looking guys all over. I was reading this indie fashion mag and they had this global style spotting photo spread and there were just hot guys pictured from everywhere....from Peru to Israel to Sweden. One more reason to start traveling more :P
Israelis, omigod! Jewish men in general. It breaks my heart that the media's conception of Jewish men is this nebbish, neurotic Woody Allen stereotype, when there's so many FINE Israeli and Jewish guys out there. They tend to have this slightly smoldering, dark and handsome look that's refreshing if you're not attracted to white bread, square-jawed types. I was reading this article in GQ about Shia LeBeouf (who's half-Jewish, half-Cajun French) and the article just went on and on about his lack of "conventional leading man good looks" blah blah blah. On what planet is Shia LaBeouf unattractive? I mean, really? It helps that the two guys I've had longterm relationships with were both Jews -- one an Ashkenazi from Polish/German stock, and the other half-Greek Jew, half Chilean. *dreamy sigh*
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-27-2008, 04:50 AM
 
72 posts, read 421,351 times
Reputation: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
Not all of us live in Hollywood, okay.
Men are less likely to get plastic surgery than women anyway.

Cali has such an influx of people from other states & countries, that it's hard to compare it to places outside the US where people tend to be of one ethnicity. People here are more concerned with healthy eating, staying in shape, and grooming stylishly than many other states, and all of that goes far for looks, so in that respect it probably takes the cake for best looking state.
I myself have not been so charmed by that many guys here. Every other state I've visited impressed me even less....so I'm thinking the US is not in top for best looking men.
I was just being facetious when I mentioned plastic surgery. lol Don't you roll your eyes at me!! LOL j/k


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mississippienne View Post
Israelis, omigod! Jewish men in general. It breaks my heart that the media's conception of Jewish men is this nebbish, neurotic Woody Allen stereotype, when there's so many FINE Israeli and Jewish guys out there. They tend to have this slightly smoldering, dark and handsome look that's refreshing if you're not attracted to white bread, square-jawed types. I was reading this article in GQ about Shia LeBeouf (who's half-Jewish, half-Cajun French) and the article just went on and on about his lack of "conventional leading man good looks" blah blah blah. On what planet is Shia LaBeouf unattractive? I mean, really? It helps that the two guys I've had longterm relationships with were both Jews -- one an Ashkenazi from Polish/German stock, and the other half-Greek Jew, half Chilean. *dreamy sigh*
Hmm.. lol "Jewish" guys are Hebrews.. Judaism is mainly a religion. Unless the person can literally trace their ancestry all the way back to Judah (who is the HEBREW guy that the Jews take their name from), then they're not technically "Jewish", unless their acclaimed religion is Judaism, in which case anybody from any race can convert to Judaism, because it's not really an ethnicity, it's a religion... I don't know if that made sense, but I tried. lol Anyway.. Yeah... Hebrew guys are handsome.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2008, 02:40 AM
 
Location: Gulfport, MS
469 posts, read 2,613,150 times
Reputation: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aconitum View Post
I was just being facetious when I mentioned plastic surgery. lol Don't you roll your eyes at me!! LOL j/k




Hmm.. lol "Jewish" guys are Hebrews.. Judaism is mainly a religion. Unless the person can literally trace their ancestry all the way back to Judah (who is the HEBREW guy that the Jews take their name from), then they're not technically "Jewish", unless their acclaimed religion is Judaism, in which case anybody from any race can convert to Judaism, because it's not really an ethnicity, it's a religion... I don't know if that made sense, but I tried. lol Anyway.. Yeah... Hebrew guys are handsome.
Um, no. Hebrew is a language. Judaism is a religion, and Jewish has evolved as both a religious orientation and an ethnic one. Jews have their own rules about who is and isn't Jewish, by birth and by conversion, which is much too complicated to go into here.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2008, 04:00 PM
 
117 posts, read 294,989 times
Reputation: 42
On my part, I love Cuban men, they're so attractive. It's like there is something in the food or something.

I recently went to Cuba to visit my family and I was amazed by all the hot latino guys there.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2008, 08:26 PM
 
Location: Old Town Alexandria
14,495 posts, read 24,750,139 times
Reputation: 8895
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
Not all of us live in Hollywood, okay.
Men are less likely to get plastic surgery than women anyway.

Cali has such an influx of people from other states & countries, that it's hard to compare it to places outside the US where people tend to be of one ethnicity. People here are more concerned with healthy eating, staying in shape, and grooming stylishly than many other states, and all of that goes far for looks, so in that respect it probably takes the cake for best looking state.
I myself have not been so charmed by that many guys here. Every other state I've visited impressed me even less....so I'm thinking the US is not in top for best looking men.
Yes- move to the south for a bit, you'll appreciate men from either of the coasts- lol.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-29-2008, 10:01 PM
 
2 posts, read 10,376 times
Reputation: 13
I'll say English gentlemen, i'm married to one as well so
Second place goes to men in my own country Poland and third to Croatians.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-01-2008, 06:32 AM
 
Location: Split,Croatia
312 posts, read 1,435,786 times
Reputation: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Like cil, I almost went with Croatia because the men there tend to have my perfect combo (tall, dark hair, light eyes)
I'm this one !
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-01-2008, 02:28 PM
 
266 posts, read 1,157,450 times
Reputation: 149
[quote=Lisa_from_Debary;1030130]I think Cuban men are SO sexy...different then other Caribbean countries.
That observation is one I have made since moving to Florida.

How are they different from others from the Caribbean?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2008, 07:48 AM
 
984 posts, read 3,371,744 times
Reputation: 427
Thumbs up Good looking Indonesians

It's interesting that Indonesia is in the list.
I was there last December and couldn't help but notice how good looking Indonesians were. Both men and women.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top