Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 05:33 AM

43,631 posts, read 44,361,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
In many European countries it is perfectly acceptable to rent for life. Expect with the housing meltdown this will become even more so in the future.
In the USA also it is acceptable in some areas to rent for life. But in Israel, it is very hard to find a place to rent over the long term as all apts. & houses are privately owned and the owners can raise the rent/s substantially every year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2010, 06:22 PM

238 posts, read 1,505,113 times
In the US women like men with a house. That way when they leave the man with the house the women has somewhere to live.

Old 11-20-2010, 07:21 PM

7,032 posts, read 14,477,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinwindwalker View Post
he is 100% a chinese.
I'm Chinese.. my parents didn't buy our first home until I was already about 7 or 8.. this is in the US

Old 11-20-2010, 07:42 PM

10,782 posts, read 8,726,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnarkar View Post
I'm Chinese.. my parents didn't buy our first home until I was already about 7 or 8.. this is in the US
I was about the same age when my parents bought their first, 6 to be exact. This was Australia and they're of southern European background. They paid it off in 4 years by both working hard and living very frugally. Pretty good, considering they came here with one suitcase each, no money, no English.

But it's different these days in many housing markets - it's a lot more unaffordable, if you take house price to income ratio. Especially here in Australia.

That's a lot of pressure to put on a man, to insist on some traditional (old-fashioned?) ideal.

Old 11-23-2010, 07:05 PM

3 posts, read 4,108 times
Hey happylily,
Are you in China? Were you talking about China? I am a Chinese. What you were talking about is just China...

Old 11-23-2010, 07:35 PM

3 posts, read 4,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vichel View Post
When I met the man I've been married to for 27 years, he didn't own a car and lived in a rental apartment. I couldn't have cared less because it was the person I was into, not his stuff. We had a great lifestyle before kids, living close to work so we could walk there, unburdened by car & mortgage payments so we could create some great memories traveling the world together. I think it would have been a drag to jump right into a life together worrying about mortgage payments and house maintenance costs. When would you get the time and energy to build your relationship?
Some Chinese girls don't think the "relationship", they just need money

Old 11-23-2010, 08:10 PM

6,037 posts, read 5,944,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfeeling View Post
Indeed there has been big changes in a generation. Not only Chinese either,have noticed this in other Asian countries as well, many appear to be looking more for a daddy who will tend to their every wish and whim and treat them like a Princess in a fairy story. Who needs women like that?

Old 11-23-2010, 08:24 PM

16,257 posts, read 43,176,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfeeling View Post
Chinese are VERY practical like that. I mean, they are with each other anyways, but it applies to relationships with foreigners as well.

Incidentally, I knew an American guy...he met some Chinese girl on the internet. Went to visit her, and he ended up signing marriage papers - who knows why. Still a mystery as to why.

Then he had to go back to the States, and spent the next half a year to a year trying to get her a visa to come live in the States.

As soon as she got to the States, she immediately went to her friends house in another state and lived there. She found some hosting type of job or something or underground something-or-another....who knows, but through the Chinese community out there. Then they slowly got a divorce once he realized she had no intention of anything beyond just getting to the States.

Actually this guy had a house already. So, it wasn't even for his house, but for the citizenship.

In short, if you ever meet a Chinese girl on the internet...run, run, run away! I think its only basic common sense.

Old 11-23-2010, 09:47 PM

6,037 posts, read 5,944,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Chinese are VERY practical like that. I mean, they are with each other anyways, but it applies to relationships with foreigners as well.

Incidentally, I knew an American guy...he met some Chinese girl on the internet. Went to visit her, and he ended up signing marriage papers - who knows why. Still a mystery as to why.

Then he had to go back to the States, and spent the next half a year to a year trying to get her a visa to come live in the States.

As soon as she got to the States, she immediately went to her friends house in another state and lived there. She found some hosting type of job or something or underground something-or-another....who knows, but through the Chinese community out there. Then they slowly got a divorce once he realized she had no intention of anything beyond just getting to the States.

Actually this guy had a house already. So, it wasn't even for his house, but for the citizenship.

In short, if you ever meet a Chinese girl on the internet...run, run, run away! I think its only basic common sense.
Not only Chinese doing this(nor women). Happened to a near neighbour of mine(woman) who met and paid for an Arkansas fellow to come out to Australia.
Within three months after getting married he was in another relationship with the original counting her loses. The fellow seemed to have next to no money but had a tough,ruggard look,which seemed to appeal to a certain type of Aussie woman,claiming he was an ex marine and getting a military pension.
Ha

Old 12-03-2010, 03:48 PM

739 posts, read 1,847,844 times
I'm a sap. If I loved someone enough I'd live with him in a tent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World