U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2010, 04:22 PM

11,433 posts, read 17,864,828 times

Advertisements

As some of you may know, the US has recently implemented some security measures at airports that are considered by some to be invasive and a presumption of criminality of the passenger. What sort of procedures does your country implement? Other countries in your area?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2010, 05:59 PM

38,216 posts, read 38,574,010 times
Exactly what ARE Israeli airport security measures (and would they work here)? - National populist | Examiner.com

Old 12-28-2010, 04:48 PM

597 posts, read 1,231,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
As some of you may know, the US has recently implemented some security measures at airports that are considered by some to be invasive and a presumption of criminality of the passenger. What sort of procedures does your country implement? Other countries in your area?
I think the US airports security measures very important.
Despite some discomfort caused these security measures, it is very important for safety of all.
In my country, Brazil, the security measures is ZERO.

Old 01-01-2011, 06:22 AM

3,049 posts, read 2,174,306 times
US airport security is a joke. They put on this big show and harass the passengers like they're the freaking gestapo, while completely missing tons of potential threats in people's bags. All sorts of stuff gets thru security all the time! One arab business man forgot his glock was in his suitcase when he put it thru the security scanner. Guess what happened; it got thru. He was in his hotel before he even realized it was in there. All this is going on while the TSA agents are patting down 3 year olds, looking for bombs in their crotches. The US is no safer than Brazil at the airports.

Old 01-01-2011, 06:45 AM

5,599 posts, read 9,554,449 times
Flying from Tuxtla Gutierez (sp?) to Mexico City a few years back I arrived at the airport on time to find that my flight had been cancelled, and to get a later flight would have caused me to miss my connecting flight to London. I spoke to somebody at the desk and he said:
"Eh, ningun problema senor, you can go on the next flight"
"When is the next flight?"
"Eh, about 10 or 15 minutes or something",

so he walked me straight onto the plane carrying my backpack without ever having to go through any kind of scanner or have my luggage X-rayed at all. Mexico City airport is surrounded by high-density housing so if I had had a bomb I could have taken out entire boroughs. The funny thing was that the date was 11th September (though not 2001). Love that no worries attitude.

When I was about 8 in the mid-90s I remember being allowed to go in the cabin mid-flight between England and Spain to see the cockpit and ask the pilots what the various controls were for, which was fun. I assume this would not be allowed these days.

Old 01-01-2011, 08:03 AM

346 posts, read 426,425 times
Here in Croatia, your hand luggage goes through a scanner, you go through that metal detector thing, and that's it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World