Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 11:47 AM

12 posts, read 33,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
A lot of it has to do with 'economic leverage' than anything. I mean, when it comes to Europeans and/or North Americans who go to poor countries looking for 'dates'. The sky is the limit for 'wining and dining', etc.
But Europe in those testimonials is also cited as being more open and inclusive, including even in France and Germany. How can that be?

I think culture must have a lot to do with it too. Some cultures are more open and less conservative than others, right? Latin America, for example, is more wild and passionate I hear.

Also, if it was all about money, then how come poor women in India are not seeking to date foreigners and are not "easy" to foreign male tourists? Obviously, their culture does not like interracial relationships, even though India is a very friendly country.

So culture is a factor too, isn't it?

This Approachable Faces gallery seems to show in pictures how some faces are more approachable and natural than others.

Approachable Faces of Foreign Women, Visual Proof, Photo Gallery

Notice the difference?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2011, 11:53 AM

12 posts, read 33,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doobage View Post
Where's the over-the-top criticism of American men? That chart makes no sense at all.
Don't we get enough male bashing from the media, talk shows and modern sitcoms in America? (e.g. Home Improvement, King of Queens, Dr. Phil, etc.)

I prefer the sitcoms of the 60's and 70's. They were not as anti-male and did not make men into stupid laughing stocks.

Old 01-09-2011, 01:00 PM

1,278 posts, read 2,621,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWu777 View Post
But Europe in those testimonials is also cited as being more open and inclusive, including even in France and Germany. How can that be?

I think culture must have a lot to do with it too. Some cultures are more open and less conservative than others, right? Latin America, for example, is more wild and passionate I hear.

Also, if it was all about money, then how come poor women in India are not seeking to date foreigners and are not "easy" to foreign male tourists? Obviously, their culture does not like interracial relationships, even though India is a very friendly country.

This Approachable Faces gallery seems to show in pictures how some faces are more approachable and natural than others.

Notice the difference?
That is a horrible website. I like how the only pictures they find of American girls is when they are out partying. All the other girls were in a natural relaxed setting, while the Americans were in slutty clothing in what looks like a bar/party setting. I can't believe you take that site seriously...

Old 01-09-2011, 01:28 PM

5,921 posts, read 13,848,998 times
Geesj ....

If you read more about the creator of that website ...

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Meeting, dating and making love to beautiful women was my top desire and
highest fantasy
which consumed me everyday.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds like this guy has a severe problem, if it

*was his top desire*
*highest fantasy*
*consumes*
him every day ...

Something else ..
I think the OP may have a personal stake of that website ???

His quote below !!!

<<<There's an overseas solution to it that I advocate. To learn more about it and how you can find better Dating, Social Connection and Mental Health overseas, visit: Happier Abroad - Your Inspiration and Guide to Dating and Social Fulfillment Beyond America, Foreign Women, Expat, Global, Overseas, Relationships, Love, Europe, Russia, Asia, Latin America, Philippines, Thailand >>>

Old 01-09-2011, 05:26 PM

9 posts, read 29,935 times
I don't have any experience of living outside a developed English speaking country, but the UK definitely doesn't fit into the 'Most Other Countries' column. It fits in better as more similar to the 'America' column. I'm surprised you included Australia in the 'Most Other Countries' column.

The gangsta worshipping thug culture is something I never understood to be the primary culture of the US, but more primary to a subset of the culture.

I think it's a no-brainer that it would be easier to date overseas, but with the caveat that this ease is primarily about economic leverage as was pointed out. With that in mind, it would be more accurate to label the two sides of your chart more like 'Developed countries' and 'Developing countries', rather than criticising just one country.

However, please take no notice of the unconstructive criticism in some of the replies. It's easy for people to be scornful when no doubt they have not had as much trouble dating in a developed world culture.

Old 01-09-2011, 10:49 PM

5,002 posts, read 12,354,936 times

there's a hint of truth to everything, but you could apply the same exact list on the left hand side to the right hand side as well in many many occassions. The person writing the column has gone way out of his or her way to grind an axe, put on rose colored glasses about his or her experience living abroad, or a combination of both.

Old 01-09-2011, 11:10 PM

16,257 posts, read 43,168,834 times
Quote:

Notice the difference?
Testimonials are only used to sell 'product'. The website you are viewing is a product, you pay $25 to buy that product. You won't buy it unless they convince you from testimonials.

Regarding France and Germany being more 'open and inclusive' than the U.S. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. I haven't heard that about Germany before. Usually I hear the opposite. Not sure about France.

Regarding India...true about India, so you'll probably never see that website selling India as a place to be 'happier'. I think the premise of the website is happiness is found through dating a lot of women.

Anyways, the other side of the story is how many international marriages don't work out. If a person just wants to be a 'player' than yeah, it'll work out great abroad. Date all you want. But when it comes to marriage and serious relationships, 'women are women are women' and no way around that. Language and culture issues add a new twist to that.

Last edited by Tiger Beer; 01-09-2011 at 11:19 PM..

Old 01-12-2011, 09:00 PM

2 posts, read 2,203 times
Someone has serious sour grapes going on. This stuff may hold true on the east coast, but not in AMERICA! Joking aside, no, its not true. Stereotypes. Joy. Aren't they fun?

Old 01-15-2011, 07:12 PM

59 posts, read 234,321 times
Quote:
Hi all,
Check out this comparison chart about relationships, social connection and mental health in the USA vs. Most other countries. Are they true? If so, to what degree? Can the cultural/social differences be that huge? Anyone have any direct experience in these areas?

Comparison Chart: America vs. Most Countries in terms of Dating, Social Connection and Mental Health

Thanks in advance.
Very true!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World