Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 06:09 PM

230 posts, read 908,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by M:a:t:t:i:a:s View Post
But remember that the winter climate of the West coast is often rainy, damp and cloudy (still a chilly feel), while in the Midwest (S. Central Canada) and Northeast (S.E. Canada) is cold, but half of the days are sunny.

I'll have to take your word for it because I only spent one winter there but I was really surprised at how gray Chicago was that winter. I imagined it was going to be like the Rockies are in winter cold but sunny but the winter I spent there was really dark. Maybe that is not the norm. It is true that Vancouver is very gray in winter, and if you are not from there it could be depressing, however I found the fact I could hardly go outside in winter without putting on a ski parka and hat in Chicago to not be so uplifting either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2011, 09:23 AM

26,952 posts, read 38,330,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by durf View Post
Montreal has a dirty mediocre, crime strickened downtown. Be very careful on St. Catherine St.. You should go to Old Montreal and Plataeu instead. Montreal has interesting neighborhoods that should keep you busy.
Anyone who is afraid of Ste-Catherine in Montreal should probably not be travelling to any big city anywhere and would be best advised to stay home (wherever that is)...

Old 03-14-2011, 02:02 PM

1,092 posts, read 2,179,875 times
Montreal is a little more obvious with irritated pandhandlers than any other major cities. I feel safer in NY and Chicago than in Dt. Montreal, especially at night. Downtown LA is safer than Downtown Montreal that the thugs, pandhandlers and other elements don't hassle you as much, if not ever. They're very aggressive and aggitated in Dt. Montreal. Let's face it! Montreal's downtown is not safe unless you just stay in the St. Catherine + Peel and the De Masenuerve St. areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World