Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 01:02 AM

72,417 posts, read 18,202,018 times

Advertisements

All you see in the Los Angeles Forum is about gangs, crime, and being scared to come to L.A.

Does this area have more gangs or more shootings? If so, do you really believe it?

There are so many church activities, family celebrations, recreational centers, clubs, get together meetings, malls where people gather.In downtown Los Angeles Broadway, Los Angeles Street, Spring Street, Boyle Heights, El Serreno, Montebello, and East L.A. are packed with people with families. Even at the The Ontario Mill, a huge place to shop, tons of people are there. If you go to a church, there are familes 5 or 6 at a time all together. I suppose that if that scares you, then I want to know what is the difference between your cities and Los Angeles?

I am curious about what others in the world are thinking about Los Angeles. Please respond.

Last edited by scirocco22; 07-25-2007 at 05:18 PM.. Reason: clarity
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2007, 05:33 AM

578 posts, read 3,063,327 times
I have visited LA and loved the city, felt safe overall for a city, I know about the gangs in LA with the Bloods, crips etc but gangs are everywhere and I didnt plan on going to south central LA or go out of my way looking for gangs so I never saw any gang activity at all while there, but where I live I have seen gang activity where as someone visiting probably wouldn't see any unless they ventured into "gang areas".

I get the impression the most gangsters keep to their own areas while gangbanging with other gangsters.

LA is so sprawled out with a large population that they will get everything most other cities get but on a larger scale. Crime in LA has decreased over the yrs and roughly 15% in the last yr

Old 07-24-2007, 08:34 AM

85 posts, read 627,980 times
I love Los Angeles, I think it's probably one of the most beautiful cities in America based on natural surroundings, you've got the Pacific Ocean, Angeles National Forest, Topanga Canyon etc. It's an amazing place. I could never live there though because I don't drive, I live in New York and never got a license.

Old 07-24-2007, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
I love Los Angeles, I think it's probably one of the most beautiful cities in America based on natural surroundings, you've got the Pacific Ocean, Angeles National Forest, Topanga Canyon etc. It's an amazing place. I could never live there though because I don't drive, I live in New York and never got a license.
So what you're saying is that the one thing you don't like about Los Angeles is the traffic?

Old 07-24-2007, 05:20 PM

85 posts, read 627,980 times
I just never learned how to drive and have no desire to learn, I live in Brooklyn, I take the subway or taxis everywhere. Most New Yorkers don't drive, basically everyone in LA does, that's all I'm saying.

Old 07-25-2007, 03:13 AM

103 posts, read 392,131 times
I love the city too.Don't hate it because of so many negative things!Anyway,the city looks pretty good!

Old 07-25-2007, 07:19 AM

I am serious about this topic,I am not just writing for the sake of writing. Too many things terrible posted on Los Angeles

Old 07-25-2007, 02:10 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,761,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonten View Post
Does this area have more gangs,have more shootings?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonten View Post

In downtown Los Angeles Broadway, Los Angeles Street ,Spring Street, Boyle Heights, El Serreno, Montebello,East L.A. Are packed with people with families .Even at the The Ontario Mill, a huge place to shop, Tons of people are there. If you go to a church, There are familes 5 or 6 at a time all together, I suppose that if that scares you, then I want to know what is the difference between your cities and Los Angeles?
I am curious about what you are thinking
People going to church, malls, etc. normally doesn't scare many people.
I am curious to why you suppose this might scare us?

Old 07-25-2007, 06:54 PM

The last 3 were from Los Angeles, Please answer from other parts of the world,and outside of Los Angeles,thank you!

Old 07-25-2007, 10:36 PM

1,587 posts, read 3,911,336 times
We are in Northern California now. We moved here form LA five years ago. My advice to anyone visiting is always to stay away from South Central LA. My husband used to work there...several shootings and gang related problems with the kids he was trying to help out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World