Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2011, 07:06 AM

956 posts, read 1,762,642 times

Advertisements

Erm, if you find German sexy then I feel entitled to call myself Miss Universe (and I"m no looker)..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2011, 01:44 PM

994 posts, read 1,822,320 times
My all time favorite is Portuguese, so rhythmic and my heart melts every time I hear, or at least when a woman speaks it. But overall I love Portuguese, Spanish, Italian and Japanese.

Languages I don't like are Mandarin Chinese, French, German and Vietnamese.

Old 05-14-2011, 03:06 AM

170 posts, read 766,943 times
Sexy are only European languages (or languages of European origin) IMO: French, Italian, English, German (can be very sexy and interesting sounding, if spoken in a softly way), Latin American Spanish, Swedish, Portuguese

Exotic and beautiful sounding languages: Turkish (just like 1001 Night ), Persian, Japanese, Thai

Ugly Languages: Chinese, Vietnamese, Danish (although the country and its people are great), Finnish, Russian, Polish, Serbian, Slavic languages in general, Korean

Old 05-14-2011, 12:37 PM

624 posts, read 1,117,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonUSA View Post
Anything but Russian, German or any Eastern European nations.

And Arabic
Romanian is an Eastern European language but it's a Romance language just as Italian (very much alike... no wonder 2 million Romanians live in Italy and another 1 million in Spain)
YouTube - Romanian Language Translations

I like Romanian, English (British or American) and Italian is fine...
I hate German (worst language ever?) ...but it sucks because I have to speak it since 80% of the companies in my field (manufacturing) are German. And I also hate French (I learned it in school and it sucked)

Old 05-14-2011, 01:43 PM

25,915 posts, read 24,596,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chikid View Post
My all time favorite is Portuguese, so rhythmic and my heart melts every time I hear, or at least when a woman speaks it. But overall I love Portuguese, Spanish, Italian and Japanese.

Languages I don't like are Mandarin Chinese, French, German and Vietnamese.
Brazilian or European Portuguese? Most people say European Portuguese sounds ugly, but maybe only because they don't understand anything

Old 05-14-2011, 08:56 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,808,504 times
Well....I'd like to cast my vote for Efik. It is a tonal language, properly speaking, it is not a spoken language, it is a sung language. Almost every word has five tonal levels, the definition changes with each of the notes in which the word is sung. There is only one word that does require a tonal change, and the word is usually pronounced in the tone that corresponds best to the general conversation, that word is "Water" or "Mung-o" Interesting, language reflects what it normally sees. As a guest in someones house, stay for a few hours talking, then take my leave to go back to the camp, invariably they would sing out "Sanga sung oh" which means "walk slowly" a gentle reminder that most of the snakes are poisonous, and lethal. AND, the "OH" at the end of a word is often quasi-operatic.

Old 05-15-2011, 03:24 PM

170 posts, read 766,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilkDrinker View Post
I hate German (worst language ever?) ...but it sucks because I have to speak it since 80% of the companies in my field (manufacturing) are German.
There are TONS of languages, which sound worse and uglier than German. Maybe I'm biased cuz I can speak it quite well and I just love Germany (One of the best countries IMO)

Old 05-15-2011, 03:34 PM

22 posts, read 63,476 times
I like Italian, Germany, Spanish, English, French.
I don't like Vietnamese (sounded shrill), Cantonese, Korean (sounds rude), Thai (when guys speak sounds like woman), Tagalog (too many "ng" sounds).

Old 05-17-2011, 04:03 AM

52 posts, read 96,382 times
^ I agree. Thai sounds nice but when the guys speak it, they don't sound manly at all. Too bad they have some of the most handsomest Asians (well, most I seen are the half-breeds though). And Hangul sounds melodic, but is very annoying when they talk loudly as if they are fighting and shouting at each other.

Old 05-23-2011, 06:59 PM

13 posts, read 29,110 times
Brazilian portuguese

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World