U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2011, 02:34 PM

230 posts, read 827,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
You said "white" countries - so, by definition we should only talk about "Europeans"..., no?

Therefore Moldova seems to be the poorest "white" country to me.

Well then I guess we shouldn't include Russia on a list of white countries because it is mostly in Asia. As I stated earlier where Europe ends and Asia begins is really arbitrary. It is basically a line someone randomly drew on a map.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2011, 02:40 PM

54 posts, read 109,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalaMan View Post
Back to the GDP topic...

Kosovo has a GDP per capita of US$ 3,164.

Question: Is Kosovo a country? The independence of Kosovo is internationally recognized?
No,Kosovo is not a country it is a breakaway territory,which is under control of Eulex,Kfor...(read USA),because USA wants to have a place where it can do crime with the rest of the world not knowing about it...around 76 countries recognized kosovo and they all more or less have some influence of usa... but back to the topic...
all countries of ex-yu are poor,except Slovenia,Croatia and maybe Serbia,and as for the else,Bulgaria,Moldova,Albania,Armenia,Azerbaijan and Georgia...
Almost forgot,baltic countries are also very poor,they are in EU but still not much richer...

Old 04-07-2011, 11:31 PM

42,661 posts, read 78,542,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nesne View Post
Well then I guess we shouldn't include Russia on a list of white countries because it is mostly in Asia. As I stated earlier where Europe ends and Asia begins is really arbitrary. It is basically a line someone randomly drew on a map.
Not randomly at all. Different disciplines have different reasons for distinguishing the east from the west, and the line is drawn in different places by zoologists, botanists, historians, geographers, political scientists, ethnographers, geologists, etc. Each science has different criteria that they use for drawing the line between east and west. But none of them put it in a "random" location.

Relevant to this discussion, there is a smooth and seamless transition of human ancestry types, from Bangladesh to the Atlantic Ocean. The margin, such as it is, it runs more in an east-west direction, from Bangladesh to Lapland, with Caucasians dominating the area south of that line, and north of the Sahara.

Old 04-08-2011, 01:07 AM

95 posts, read 232,179 times
Macedonia

Old 04-10-2011, 03:08 PM

19,256 posts, read 15,953,917 times
Quote:
I think who is white is pretty difficult to define and pretty subjective, but to add to your list, I would definitely consider Armenians white and their country has a nominal per capita GDP of under 3,000.
On top of that Armenians are the only true Caucasians out of all the mentioned above peeps ha-ha))))

Old 04-10-2011, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Thank you for clarifying that point! Now I see that "Caucasian" and "white" are not synonymous words...

So I think my doubt was about what are the countries in Europe with the lower GDP per capita... And I don't know if Georgia, Azerbaijan and Armenia should enter this list...
Azerbaijan used to be part of Iran ( the Southern part of the country still is,) until Russians took over its Northern part, and then later on it went its separate way.
Do you consider Iranians to be white?
Yes/no - explain pls.

Old 04-10-2011, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Back to the GDP topic...

Armenia has a GDP per capita of US$ 2,676.

Question: Are armenians "white Europeans"?

Kosovo has a GDP per capita of US$ 3,164.

Question: Is Kosovo a country? The independence of Kosovo is internationally recognized?
Although Armenians considered to be "ethnic" by Russians, their culture is definitely white.( Italian kind of white, lol )
Part of Armenians look more Semitic ( not all of them though,) - so it's your pick.
Now whether "Kosovo is a country" is a totally different matter I'd say...

Old 04-10-2011, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Russians originate in Eastern Europe. The fact that they've moved ( and settled) beyond the Ural Mountains doesn't make them Asians. The indigenous people of Siberia that Russians acquired with their *expanded* territory are not Europeans of course.

Old 04-11-2011, 11:44 AM

958 posts, read 1,328,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Yemen and Nepal are below any of those mentioned.

Since when are people from Yemen considered White ? I have seen many people from Yemen who are the same skin color as African Americans.

Old 04-11-2011, 11:51 AM

958 posts, read 1,328,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venezuelan View Post
Cauc-Asians.

"Asians from the caucasus mountains"

A term that was started to be used in the US to put together Europeans, North Africans, and Middle Eastern Asians (Jews/Arabs).

Even an 8 year old could notice that Jews/Arabs and North Africans are different from Europeans.

The poorest caucasian country should be 1 in North Africa, (Libia I guess).
Most Jews that I have seen look closer to Europeans in phenotype than the average Venezuelan does that's for damn sure.

The Jewish Michael Douglas for example looks a hell of a lot more European than the Venezuelan Hugo Chavez or the Venezuelan baseball players that you playing here in the U.S.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World