Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 04:14 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,336,999 times

Advertisements

I think of Saudi Arabia. Following that thought would say Jordan, Iraq.

Many people say Egypt when they think of Arab. That is definitely valad as Eygptians speak Arabic and tend to interpret Islam very conservatively. For some reason I just happen to think of Egyptians as......well.... Egyptians, rather than Arab first. They have a very unique cultural heritage and I also noticed some differences in appearance between Egyptian arabs and arabs living on the Arabian peninsula.

Do Egyptians tend to think of themselves as Egyptians first or Arab first?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2011, 07:21 PM

6,044 posts, read 5,952,208 times
Rather strange question. One could just as well ask the same with Europeans or Asians or South Americans.

Suppose some may think Saudis? Reason being it has Arabia in the nations name. But then what about United Arab Emerates.
When you hear USA what state do you think of? Rhode Island surely?

Old 07-05-2011, 07:26 PM

4,432 posts, read 6,983,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
I think of Saudi Arabia. Following that thought would say Jordan, Iraq.

Many people say Egypt when they think of Arab. That is definitely valad as Eygptians speak Arabic and tend to interpret Islam very conservatively. For some reason I just happen to think of Egyptians as......well.... Egyptians, rather than Arab first. They have a very unique cultural heritage and I also noticed some differences in appearance between Egyptian arabs and arabs living on the Arabian peninsula.

Do Egyptians tend to think of themselves as Egyptians first or Arab first?
I believe they see themselves as Egyptians first, then Arab however the copts dont consider themselves Arab.

Old 07-05-2011, 10:12 PM

68 posts, read 681,485 times
Uhm..... Saudi Arabia???

Old 04-21-2013, 05:51 AM

10,645 posts, read 16,030,146 times
1.Saudi Arabia
2.Rest of Arab Peninsula (Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, Kuwait, Yemen, Oman, UAE, Qatar, Bahrain)
3.Egypt
4.Libya, Tunisia
5.Algeria, Morocco

Old 04-21-2013, 01:01 PM

1,418 posts, read 2,546,986 times
The sad reality is that whenever a Muslim Arab commits a terrorist crime in the West, generally ppl from India are targetted and have nothing to do with it.

Old 04-21-2013, 11:11 PM
FBF

601 posts, read 932,666 times
Saudi Arabia, Palestine, and Iran (despite the latter being mostly Persian).

The rich, sheltered gated community (white) people suspect anyone with dark eyes and black hair having Asian, Indian, or Middle Eastern blood in them and are hostile toward them.....I hate them !

Old 04-22-2013, 01:01 AM

20,633 posts, read 23,874,995 times
I dont know what arabs are like. Ive never met one in my life.

Old 04-22-2013, 01:48 AM

15,323 posts, read 23,920,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
1.Saudi Arabia
2.Iraq, Egypt, Syria, Yemen
3.Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya and the rest of the Middle East except Turkey, Israel & Iran.
Turks aren't Arab, some jews in Israel are "arab" but it's a mixed bag, and Iranians aren't Arab either.

Old 04-22-2013, 01:50 AM

15,323 posts, read 23,920,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marktheshark334 View Post
Jews and muslims apparently have a same chromosone in their dna both arabs I think It said. When I hear arab I think anyone from the middle east. A large part of Israel's Population Is arab, notice how the only middle eastern country aside from israel with a noticeable jewish population is Iran? thats because the other countries kicked out the jews and they went to Israel, when people think israel they think immigrants, theyre right Israel has alot of immigrants who have migrated to seek sanctuary from hate in other places but alot of israelis again are arab.
It's true...there used to be a lot of jews originally from Morocco, Yemen, Iraq, etc who mainly moved to Israel a long time ago. It's funny because by blood I am "jewish" but I can't tell you how many times someone from Palestine, Morocco, Iraq, Lebanon, etc thought I was Arab (though I'm part Turkish) and often times thought I was actually FROM the country. People on both sides who don't like each other much don't like to admit it, but many are "cousins." I remember when I was in Istanbul the other week and saw this one Saudi guy, and realized that if he had lighter skin, he would look stereotypically Jewish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World