Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 09:19 AM

2,014 posts, read 3,897,919 times

Advertisements

Bulgarian Women are the best!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2009, 09:53 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,519,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post

There's something special about German women because of the history of their country.
First of all physically there are all types, from the most gorgeous (read Marlene Dietrich, Uschi Obermaier, Nastassja Kinski) to the ugliest, fat type (female construction workers in the former DDR or alcoholic underclass living in Plattenbauten ).
I've seen a vast change in their general attitude after the fall of the Berlin Wall and Reunification : before, they were about the coolest girls in Europe (with Danish and Polish girls and maybe-hearsay- Romanian girls, probably) and it was fairly easy to get laid by a German girl.
After that, with a new pride in their nationality, a new generation doesn't feel the guilt of their parents (even when these parents were often born long after WWII, in the 50's and 60's, but there was still an intense guilt in that generation -qhich happens to be the same generation as mine-)/grandparents.That new generation is much more aloof, and -My experience- about as cold , conceited and materialistic of the majority of other European women
the guilt you mention was an immensely creative energy, imho, and we did not become boastful of it, but our children and grandchildren should never have to go through the experiences we had with our parent generation, ever again.

today, it shows they find themselves in social, political and economic doldrums caused by the very efforts our generation has initiated and brought about.

there is no more "love" in a "new world order" requiring skills that leave us rather dehumanized but sooooo technologically advanced and administratively regulated.

take your pick: plastic surgery and mind enhancers for those who can still afford it. such is the future.

and relationships are a means to sport your social status. no more, in most cases.

imho.

Last edited by effie g-tad; 08-02-2009 at 10:02 AM..

Old 08-03-2009, 03:28 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,871,739 times
You're right, effie.
I still find German people in general very friendly, they still are as a whole one of the friendliest, smartest and open people in the world!
And I find the German Gründlichkeit a big quality, although with the mixing with foreign nationals (Italians, than Turks), the traditional German Gemütlichkeit is not what it used to be anymore, I fear!

Old 08-04-2009, 04:38 PM

4,511 posts, read 7,519,673 times
thanks, Pigeonhole! let me just hasten to say that "Gemütlichkeit" was called off by politicians sounding the trumpets of new economy and liberalism, rather than the "mixing" with said national(itie)s. (imho)

and one more reason may have been the helter skelter changes and upheavals following the fall of the iron curtain.

originally, there was a tremendous show of private initiatives helping and assisting in every possible way with "re-unification" and integration of people from the former soviet union, rumania; then fugitives from former yugoslavia, etc.

we had to re-organize and restructure our new capitale in berlin, adjust to the ongoing eu-zone reforms (including euro currency reform), all that while our everyday lives
have consistently been coming under a massive threat to crumble, what with ongoing job losses, increasing corruption on all levels...

it seems not only women may have succumbed to the pressures of ever-increasing competition, which definitely accounts for more elbows felt than smiles seen today.

make no bones about it, we are on the way of becoming a "class society" again. (like the rest of europe, imho.)

Old 08-05-2009, 02:47 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,871,739 times
definitely accounts for more elbows felt than smiles seen today.

Isn't it what is called "die Ellenbogengesellschaft?"
Friendly yours (and thanks for notifying me),
pigeon

Old 08-05-2009, 05:32 PM

118 posts, read 485,589 times
Default Indonesia

I haven't read the rest of the posts yet, but I'd have say to Indonesia. I mean drop dead gorgeous women. Most of the women there want to marry Westeners. I've heard Brazil, South Korea, and Thailand are good too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootertrash61 View Post
well i've never posted a thread anywhere in my life, so i decided my first should be about my biggest love ....... WOMEN!!! my question is WHERE ARE THE FRIENDLIEST WOMEN IN THE WORLD? thanks

Old 10-25-2009, 07:38 PM

956 posts, read 1,767,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post

There's something special about German women because of the history of their country. -My experience- about as cold , conceited and materialistic of the majority of other European women

Old 10-28-2009, 09:38 AM

2,930 posts, read 7,060,311 times
As long as you can offer them something valuable (green card, financial support) many women from all parts of the world will be "very nice" to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World