Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 10:09 PM

10,644 posts, read 16,025,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinking-man View Post
i've visited most of the US (about 40 states), Canada, Turkey, Bahamas, Barbados, Aruba, Mexico, and a few other Caribbean islands...
There's so much more to see...i know......but prioritizing the list is kinda tough!
If i were you i would go to a place where i havent been before.
What kind of vacation are you exactly looking for?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2011, 10:35 PM

4,196 posts, read 6,296,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
If i were you i would go to a place where i haven't been before.
What kind of vacation are you exactly looking for?
yes, that's the idea.
we usually take one long beach vacation every year....(usually some island in the Caribbean) and one long vacation to some other part of the world.....(for the past 3 years, it's been Europe)

i wanted to plan our next non-beach vacation as soon as possible......hence my original question.
I'd like to get Europe out of the way before exploring to Asia/Australia/NZ/south America/etc.

Old 06-15-2011, 05:18 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Getting a continent out of the way?

Old 06-15-2011, 06:10 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,625,061 times
Europe :

Rural France ( especially South-West, Brittany and Provence - and Corsica)
Rural Italy - Northern Lakes- Tuscany- Puglia- Sicily-Sardinia
Croatia
Rural Romania ( Transylvania/Carpathian Mountains)
West Highlands of Scotlands ( taking in Western Islands) and a trip to Edinburgh
Portugal
North-West Spain ( Galicia, Costa Verde etc...)
Basque Country - France and Spain
Southern Germany/Austria
Tallinn - Estonia
Prague/Budapest/Vienna the trilogy of Central European cities -Easily done by train , no car required
St Petersburg
Norway ( Bergen and North)

Last edited by Mooseketeer; 06-15-2011 at 06:28 AM..

Old 06-15-2011, 06:18 AM

16,258 posts, read 43,185,236 times
Quote:
Hello all....
just came back from a 10 day vacation to Spain. (I know....that's not nearly enough) but i wanted to start planning the next trip and i need your help in deciding the country/city to visit next........

Places i've seen so far in Europe:

Paris
Rome
Venice
Prague
Krakow
Barcelona
Madrid
Toledo
Athens
Santorini

I know there's plenty of other places....i just can't decide on which to see next and which would give the biggest bang for the buck.

I was thinking Switzerland.......or some other cities in France.....or Holland.....

any thoughts?

i will have about 10 days for the next trip as well.
When I examine your list, looks like you've essentially been to Greece, Spain, Italy, Czech Republic, and Poland. Basically Southern Europe and Eastern Europe.

In that case, your suggestion to see either Switzerland or France or Holland makes sense. Why not just see a few northern countries together like Germany, Holland, and combine with Paris, or something like that.

I don't think it's really possible to recommend one over another, as so much varies on individual preference. But, you certainly can't make a bad choice with any particular place or places you choose.

Old 06-15-2011, 07:06 AM

4,196 posts, read 6,296,294 times
Thanks everyone :-)

Old 06-15-2011, 10:33 AM

13 posts, read 19,476 times
Visit Belgrade and Serbia.
Belgrade is a city with a rich history, the Serbs are hospitable and friendly.
Nowhere else will you have fun like in Belgrade.

Old 06-15-2011, 06:23 PM

4,432 posts, read 6,982,756 times
Why not go to Germany?

Old 06-15-2011, 06:26 PM

4,432 posts, read 6,982,756 times
Quote:
Hello all....
just came back from a 10 day vacation to Spain. (I know....that's not nearly enough) but i wanted to start planning the next trip and i need your help in deciding the country/city to visit next........

Places i've seen so far in Europe:

Paris
Rome
Venice
Prague
Krakow
Barcelona
Madrid
Toledo
Athens
Santorini

I know there's plenty of other places....i just can't decide on which to see next and which would give the biggest bang for the buck.

I was thinking Switzerland.......or some other cities in France.....or Holland.....

any thoughts?

i will have about 10 days for the next trip as well.
England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales Netherlands, Germany and Austria

Old 06-15-2011, 08:43 PM

Location: NY-NJ-Philly looks down at SF and laughs at the hippies
1,144 posts, read 1,296,121 times
You seem to have really enjoyed Spain. So, why not try their neighbor to the west? Take a 10 day vacation to Portugal and visit Lisbon, Porto, Nazare, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World