Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2016, 04:15 PM

525 posts, read 453,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by since72 View Post
imo the us is pretty much every ones friend. Till they seem to turn their back on us. Act as if we are the bad guys. Yet we still seem to find ways to help them from their short comings and miss guided leaders.
lol!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2016, 04:19 PM

525 posts, read 453,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
From my perspective.

US, UK, Australia, NZ, Canada are all pretty good friends.

France, Germany are quite close, borderline sexual if u ask me.

Iran and???? Uhhhhh I dont know

China and N. Korea are pretty good friends, but China is like the hot friend that keeps the ugly friend (N. Korea) around to make themselves look better.

Finland and Swden are like brother and sister.

Italy and.... Greece? I dunno about those 2

India and nepal seem to be quite chummy, with Pakistan being that a-hole no one really trusts or likes because they steal and smell
Countries such as Turkey and China like Pakistan. Pakistan has MAJOR problems (my family left it for a reason), but it's not quite as bad as the media makes it out to be.

Old 07-14-2016, 04:37 PM

59 posts, read 155,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
You could right up until about 2009 or 2010, because it was so crucially important that passports be required, that it took them about 8 years to send out the memos telling border officials to require passports. It's not a short term effort to combat terrorism, it's part of the long-term plan to turn the USA into a permanent police state of a fully regimented citizenry under constant surveillance.
Technically you still don't a passport to enter Canada or Mexico. Several states and provinces offer Enhanced Driver License/Enhanced ID Cards that allow land border crossings without a passport. U.S. Citizens can also use a NEXUS card to cross without a passport.

Old 07-14-2016, 05:29 PM

7,956 posts, read 11,842,587 times
I would say England if i am talking about Scotland. With my UK hat on probably Ireland.

Old 07-14-2016, 05:33 PM

35 posts, read 29,517 times
I'm from Canada and I would say the UK, and all other commonwealth countries after that.

Old 07-14-2016, 05:44 PM

431 posts, read 521,171 times
The USA is basically Regina George...we don't have any real friends due to being too controlling, and we are okay with that. I guess if we had to have one it would be the UK though.

Old 07-14-2016, 11:26 PM

9,169 posts, read 13,236,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myunsatisfyinginput View Post
I'm from Canada and I would say the UK, and all other commonwealth countries after that.
Ok, I can see an argument for the United Kingdom and maybe even Australia but all the other commonwealth countries after that? Ahead of the United States? Hmm, Canada is more friends with Botswana, Cameron, Lesotho, Tonga and Zambia then its major ally and/or trading partners; the USA and Mexico.

Sorry but sounds very hard to believe.

Old 07-15-2016, 08:56 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,792,350 times
Definitely Sweden.

Old 07-15-2016, 09:41 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,377,194 times
For the USA, the obvious answer is the UK.

If I were to go on, I'd say Canada and Australia are tied for second and Germany would be third.

Old 07-15-2016, 01:28 PM

2,974 posts, read 2,813,825 times
Don't think we have one. At least not one of our standings, i feel like we used to have more friendships (although with all the wrong countries) during Berlusconi's presidency. We are at odds with Germany regarding the path the EU must take, France indirectly fights against our interests in Libia, don't have much of a relationship with Spain, ecc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World