Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2014, 03:30 PM

9,962 posts, read 12,382,397 times

Advertisements

Canada is superior in everyway, Australia is well let me not go there....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2014, 03:44 PM

5,059 posts, read 7,501,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
Canada is superior in everyway, Australia is well let me not go there....
Australia has better Deserts

Old 11-28-2014, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielsa1775 View Post
And who wants to live in a sandy desert?!

Canada has Thousands of LAKES and miles of FOREST...

Old 11-28-2014, 03:53 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,302,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1098 View Post

You need to check out places like New Caledonia, Fiji, Vanuatu, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, or Tonga. They may be off radar for Canadians, but they're as distinct from each other as they are from Australia. Perhaps Canadians view "the world" as North America and Europe?

Places like Darwin (NT), Melbourne (Vic), regional NSW and Qld, and Hobart are all very different places, offering different lifestyles, career options, social environments and population mixes. Add to that Australia's higher proportion of migrants in its population base.

Australia may lack the English/French divide of Canada and its spillover into politics, and hasn't experienced the degree of conflict with its first inhabitants that Canada has in recent history, but they're not the only markers of diversity. But I would agree that Australia seems more cohesive in terms of its sense national identity and is more at ease in being "Australian" than Canada seems to be in being "Canadian".

Right on

Whoever claims that Australia and surrounding places are not as diverse as Canada they clearly speak out of ignorance......someone should visit Tasmania and then go to the Northern Territory or Queensland....

Quote:
Canada has Thousands of LAKES and miles of FOREST..

Really?? Australia has not forests?? How many miles of beautiful coral barrier reef Canada has???

Old 11-28-2014, 03:58 PM

5,059 posts, read 7,501,278 times
Quote:
And who wants to live in a sandy desert?!

Canada has Thousands of LAKES and miles of FOREST...
You said Canada is better in every way, nothing about it been more liveable.

Old 11-28-2014, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
Really?? Australia has not forests?? How many miles of beautiful coral barrier reef Canada has???
Well duh of course Australia has forests but Canada has more and the animals are not weird like Australia... You no bears not some man eating spider with extra legs and land Sharks..LOL

Old 11-28-2014, 04:03 PM

1,051 posts, read 1,741,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielsa1775 View Post
Our tropical landscapes are way bet..... Well, we have tropical landscapes...

Old 11-28-2014, 04:53 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,879,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevySpoons View Post
Chevy is intelligent enough to know that not all experiences are his.

You didn't work in high-tech in the 1980s, did you? In those days, you worked, because you were told to, and because everybody else did, and so you did too. Ninety hours a week? Yes, you worked that, because you were told to. We had the next biggest mousetrap, and if you did not believe so, you were letting the team down, you were shirking, you just might be next on the chopping block. Get i the office on weekends, arrive before hours on weekdays, and stay after hours on weekdays, and we will be the next Apple, the next Microsoft, the next IBM.

You doubt me? Oh, friend, do not do so. Listen.

I was told I'd lose my job if I did not show up on weekends. Unpaid, of course. I was told that regular weekday office hours were 0700 to 2100 hours--extra hours over 44 per week unpaid, of course. After all, I believed in the product, didn't I? Wanting time off or regular office hours meant that I didn't believe such. And we truly believed that we were the next Apple, the next Microsoft, the next IBM, the next Blackberry. Weren't we? (Like hell, but in order to keep our jobs, we repeated the party line.)

And most galling--I was told that, as I was unmarried, without children, I had no excuse for not being at work before hours, after hours, and weekends. My co-workers with children got the time; I did not. Yeah, I'm still pissed.

I'm talking about the 1980s. Long before companies learned that they had to obey employment legislation, that they had to learn human rights legislation, and long before companies learned that they couldn't breach such legislation any more. Shouldn't be a surprise, but I now practice in this area, and I make sure that companies tow the line.

Fusion. the reason that you and your co-workers don't have to go through what I did (and indeed, doubt what I went through) is because of my efforts, and those of my colleagues, thirty years ago. You can at least say "thank you."
Dude or should I say sir lol - this is not the 80's ... Its 2014.. lord in the 80's I was watching Wrestlemania with my cousin anyway in 2014 most people in T.O don't work 80 hours a week and half for free - if you had a hand in that THANK YOU CHevy I love you Chevy MUAH..

There - now truce? case closed ?

Old 11-28-2014, 05:05 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,879,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1098 View Post
Our tropical landscapes are way bet..... Well, we have tropical landscapes...

Both countries have unique landscapes the other doesn't lol...Even in N.A the Canadian Rockies are different than the U.S Rockies let alone two countries thousands of miles apart on opposite sides of the equator.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=the+c...ed=0CAYQ_AUoAQ

Would you believe Canada has badlands? Pretty nifty eh

https://www.google.ca/search?q=the+c...berta+badlands

Old 11-28-2014, 06:25 PM

1,051 posts, read 1,741,695 times
Quote:
Well duh of course Australia has forests but Canada has more and the animals are not weird like Australia... You no bears not some man eating spider with extra legs and land Sharks..LOL
Weird...this guy's just trying to be friendly..... No Cookies | dailytelegraph.com.au
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World