U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 08:01 PM

12,408 posts, read 17,410,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
I heard you can get citizenship there after 3 months, is that true? Do you even need to be jewish? I thought about moving there @ one time. Visited 4 years ago and fell in love with it.
I think Jews the world over automatically have duel citizenship, at least I believe they do in the US. I also heard that Ireland does this for the Irish in other countries.

I don't know if this is absolutely true, as I think I read this somewhere and as I am neither Jewish not Irish, it didn't apply to me.

Whatever your nationality is, and perhaps if you have direct ancestors who were actually from those countries, perhaps it would open a door or two for you.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2011, 12:41 PM

53 posts, read 203,803 times
How hard is it to work and live in China? Would a person be able to stay for 3 months and re-enter to avoid problems with their visa?

Old 12-18-2011, 02:25 PM

973 posts, read 1,566,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
I think Jews the world over automatically have duel citizenship, at least I believe they do in the US. I also heard that Ireland does this for the Irish in other countries.

I don't know if this is absolutely true, as I think I read this somewhere and as I am neither Jewish not Irish, it didn't apply to me.

Whatever your nationality is, and perhaps if you have direct ancestors who were actually from those countries, perhaps it would open a door or two for you.
Sorry, but I had to laugh out loud with this one....as I think you mean dual citizenship as that duel paints a totally different picture!

Old 12-18-2011, 04:28 PM

12,408 posts, read 17,410,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagitarrius48 View Post
Sorry, but I had to laugh out loud with this one....as I think you mean dual citizenship as that duel paints a totally different picture!
Stupid me. THanks a lot. I have been making some of these lately. Partially, in all honesty, it is my new keyboard, but in this case, it is just sloppy thinking through an old mind.

Thank you, again.

Old 12-19-2011, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal2Omaha View Post
How hard is it to work and live in China? Would a person be able to stay for 3 months and re-enter to avoid problems with their visa?
Anyone?

Old 12-19-2011, 09:29 PM

3,771 posts, read 5,639,651 times
Quote:
Here, let me google that for you.

China Visa application requirements,Embassy,tourist visitor,work,student visas,Chinese immigration,US travel information

Old 12-19-2011, 09:50 PM

1,679 posts, read 2,729,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayulita View Post
A little research would have told you that these statements are patently wrong. There are tens of thousands of expats living permanently in Mexico in property they have bought. Please research before you post erroneous information.
Err... I did the research and guess what? You can't buy!!

You can lease through a trust and pay a fee each year. It's not the same as owning the property

Buying a House in Mexico

Also the government of Mexico can take back any property you have in restricted zones

Buying Land in Mexico as a Foreigner : Mexico501

Old 12-19-2011, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hartford_renter View Post
Err... I did the research and guess what? You can't buy!!

You can lease through a trust and pay a fee each year. It's not the same as owning the property

Buying a House in Mexico

Also the government of Mexico can take back any property you have in restricted zones

Buying Land in Mexico as a Foreigner : Mexico501
Well, read what you posted. You can buy at but it's called a lease. It can be inherited and sold and the lease can be renewed after 50 years. It's the same as buying but with different terminology. Like I said, thousands of expats own land in Mexico. You can equivocate about the words used but the concept is the same.

Old 12-19-2011, 10:40 PM

I was hoping for some insight from people who are actually doing it. I know there are a few on this board who have been doing this for years in many countries. Maybe I'll start a seperate thread. But thanks for introducing me to search engines.

Old 12-20-2011, 05:02 AM

Quote:
I was hoping for some insight from people who are actually doing it. I know there are a few on this board who have been doing this for years in many countries. Maybe I'll start a seperate thread. But thanks for introducing me to search engines.
You seemed to be asking for factual information, not insight. Since CD doesn't have a specific Asia and/or China forum, perhaps a search for China expat forums might be useful. I found several.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World