U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 06:53 PM

1 posts, read 5,304 times

Advertisements

The absolutely easiest country in mine, Panama. They do regularization fairs often and everyone gets drivers license, social secutiry and work permits starting at USD$800 for most nationalities, and up to USD$2500 for restricted nationalities. These permits are good for 2 years and the only requirement is payment, having been in the country for one year, and have a Panamanian national allow you to list him as responsible, which does not mean financially responsible, just someone they can go to regarding your whereabouts. My problem is that I am Panamanian, and what I need is another country in the world out there that would do what my country does. I'm guessing there is not a dammed country in the world that's so stupid.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2012, 11:00 AM

1 posts, read 4,830 times
Regarding Mexico, foreigners generally cannot own property within 25 miles of the coast, so it is held in a land trust with a lawyer, but you own it in all but name, and can get permanent residence. In fact about 1% of those living in Mexico are US citizens, and 2.5% of those living in the US are Mexican citizens.

I have heard the Dominican Republic, Honduras, Costa Rica, El Salvador, and the Bahamas are easy if you buy a house and have guaranteed income of as little as $2000 a month. An Israeli who worked doing security for the embassy once told me it was easy for him to convert to Judaism and immigrate, and one never even has to attend temple after they get their Shtar geirut.

Old 10-17-2012, 01:33 PM

24,571 posts, read 35,668,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceN1 View Post
Regarding Mexico, foreigners generally cannot own property within 25 miles of the coast, so it is held in a land trust with a lawyer, but you own it in all but name, and can get permanent residence. In fact about 1% of those living in Mexico are US citizens, and 2.5% of those living in the US are Mexican citizens.

I have heard the Dominican Republic, Honduras, Costa Rica, El Salvador, and the Bahamas are easy if you buy a house and have guaranteed income of as little as $2000 a month. An Israeli who worked doing security for the embassy once told me it was easy for him to convert to Judaism and immigrate, and one never even has to attend temple after they get their Shtar geirut.
Increasingly, the Israeli government is recognizing only Orthodox conversions as legitimate. It's not like you can run down to your local Reform temple, take a year of loosey-goosey classes, and make aliyah to Israel without running into any problems.

Old 10-17-2012, 01:57 PM

9,031 posts, read 9,380,665 times
Who else thinks that people of similar education/professional/wealth levels should be allowed to trade nationalities if they want?

For every disenchanted American who would rather be in Europe, I'm sure there is a fed-up Swede or Frenchman or Pole who dreams of living over here. Why not just allow them to switch nationalities?

Old 12-02-2012, 12:43 AM

674 posts, read 910,282 times
This is easy, Svalbard! Although it's technically not a country and is under Norwegian rule, anyone can go there and live there without a visa, residence or work permit. But you can't go to mainland Norway without proper authorization and (as I understand it) everyone carries guns in Svalbard because of the threat of polar bear attacks.

Old 12-07-2012, 07:29 PM

26,193 posts, read 34,791,948 times
Uruguay is not too bad. Chile is pretty easy. You have to prove you have income to live, pass a health check, and prove you aren't a criminal. There are some hoops to jump through, but not difficult ones, and the income qualification isn't impossible to meet.

Old 12-07-2012, 07:39 PM

1,189 posts, read 1,943,294 times
A country without any real border protecting or laws or real functioning government. A country where you can practiaclly walk into a country because there are no laws. I would say anarchist countries like chad, iran, iraq, afghanistan, mali and haiti.

However, if you are takling about legally entering a country without getting killed because you arent the same religion/nationality/creed then i would say canada, israel, germany, singapore and australia because those countries have little wait time

Old 12-07-2012, 11:16 PM
kyh

383 posts, read 1,134,174 times
Most Muslim and Communist countries would be among the hardest to immigrate to, I gather.

Countries that welcome immigrants as well as with a high degree of freedom (like Scandinavia) would be easier me guess.

Old 12-08-2012, 12:08 PM

15,322 posts, read 20,713,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
I don't think it is so easy to emigrate to any country in the world today as all countries seem to have stricter and stricter visa rules.
Unless you have $$$$ or you find a company to hire you. In the US, you can get a Green Card (citizenship) if you spend $500,000 to open up a new business and hire at least 10 people. Forgot the name of the program

Old 12-08-2012, 12:10 PM

15,322 posts, read 20,713,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyh View Post
Most Muslim and Communist countries would be among the hardest to immigrate to, I gather.

Countries that welcome immigrants as well as with a high degree of freedom (like Scandinavia) would be easier me guess.
I have some friends who emigrated to Turkey on their own. There was a bunch of stuff like "you have to know this name to get ____," but they did it eventually.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World