Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 06:58 AM

7,956 posts, read 11,842,587 times

Advertisements

Same with Tesco.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2012, 08:29 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,529,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasvegas View Post
Necessities such as ... education are considered "handouts" or "entitlements" in this country, (wherever that may be).
Every American child has the opportunity to receive free, taxpayer-funded primary and secondary education. I've never heard of that being considered a handout. Rich and poor can get it.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:24 PM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
The price we pay for not attending to the poor has end results which cost more than if we had shelled out the $$ to them at an earlier stage.

Prisons costs at $50k a year, for example. Due to neglect of their health, they end up on Medicaid in long-term care facilities (where I work) and I see that everyday, Medicaid patients of all ages!

And the smart, clever, intelligent ones know how to get on Medicaid, at an earlier age, and stay on it for life, and spare themselves the life of being homeless! Now that they've designated obesity as a disease, we're seeing more of those people, which require extra-wide beds!

Not all that difficult to get on Medicaid for life. One, younger smarter woman in her early 20's, perhaps gave up the challenge of eking out a living in this poor-excuse-for-a-world, deliberately became disabled (got hit by a car at a stoplight) and will never work again! "What do I need my legs for if I've never going to work again?"

And they're intelligent enough to know they're not going to be set along a curb some day to fend for themselves!

How many are out there today, eating like pigs, to the point they can't take care of themselves anymore, and into the loving arms of the Government they go!

Old 03-27-2012, 07:41 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
Every American child has the opportunity to receive free, taxpayer-funded primary and secondary education. I've never heard of that being considered a handout. Rich and poor can get it.
But still teh dropout rate for free edcuation and two free meals a day is high amoung the poor in the USA. When one loks at other groupos who immagarated it quite different and they opftne are at the top of class,which says alot about general reason many are stuck in poverty rut.

Old 03-27-2012, 09:30 PM

2,615 posts, read 5,397,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
But still teh dropout rate for free edcuation and two free meals a day is high amoung the poor in the USA. When one loks at other groupos who immagarated it quite different and they opftne are at the top of class,which says alot about general reason many are stuck in poverty rut.
I'm guessing by your English that you were among that particular demographic?

Old 03-27-2012, 11:23 PM

7,956 posts, read 11,842,587 times
Lol he set himself up for that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World