Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2015, 10:05 PM

6,470 posts, read 4,067,453 times

Advertisements

Non Nigerians would think Yorubas and Igbos were the most coastal Nigerians Yorubas have a certain part of the coast but majority of Igbos live inland miles from the coast their traditional homeland maybe less than a 100 miles from the coast but because of the fact that even the Igbos themselves where clan like between different groups of Igbos most Igbos at the time slaves came never travelled more than 30 miles from their place of birth. Unless you been to this part of Nigeria you don't understand how ethnically mixed it is. Different states and even cities have ethnic groups that are predominantly light skinned. Igbo isn't really the dominating ethnic group in all the cities it is more like their is Igbo presence in every city and several states but dozens of smaller ethnic groups in between. Also their were light skinned people before Europeans came, and if you go to this part of Nigeria you will notice the amount of people that are black with green/blue/hazel eyes it isn't common or anything but on the coast it is plain to see, these people have mixed European blood but they just don't know as people don't even know their grandmas age or birthday(my grandma on my dads side). Nigeria doesn't keep stats on ethnic mixing and things like that but it is obvious to see the European mixed people especially around the city/ area of Calabar which is supposedly where some of the first ships landed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2015, 05:30 PM

6,344 posts, read 4,404,969 times
I have noticed the darkest African Americans tend to be from small towns in the south that have a black majority.

Old 06-21-2015, 11:56 AM
BMI

7,454 posts, read 7,267,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muslim12 View Post
I have noticed the darkest African Americans tend to be from small towns in the south that have a black majority.
AA's are on lighter and bigger ...US diet I guess

Old 06-22-2015, 09:22 AM

110 posts, read 124,417 times
Default Lucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
Okay. A 20% admixture probably can make an African American have a lighter skin tone, than there are others who have around the same mix and are brown/darkskin.

I'm not sure if I have any significant admixture being that my parents are both dark AAs, and my grandparents on both sides were, and great grandparents. There was not a whole lot of mixing with Whites or other races from what I can tell in my family tree.
You are very lucky!

Old 07-10-2015, 10:52 PM

56 posts, read 419,104 times
BLol you cant be serious. Africa has to be one of the most genetically diverse continents in the world. Take Ethiopia, Eritrea and somalia. I live next to a large horn of Africa community and these people have to be one of the most unique looking people on Earth. I can always tell apart an East African from an African american/West African
Somali Amateur model
source: Somali fonts, does anyone know the name of this amateur Somali model

moderator cut: image removed

70s Eritrean actress
Source: http://www.thecoli.com/threads/popul...ya-wow.326878/

Ethiopian ninties supermodel Anna Getaneh
source: Anna Getaneh - Gallery with 22 general photos | Models | The FMD

Afar boys
Ethiopia | Joni Kabana Photography

Last edited by Marka; 07-11-2015 at 12:14 AM..

Old 07-10-2015, 11:04 PM

56 posts, read 419,104 times
Ethiopian priests
https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&s...agBFOOpUjURGbg

Beja eritrean

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/349943833516869492/

Last edited by UltimateLegacy; 07-10-2015 at 11:19 PM..

Old 08-02-2015, 11:10 PM

3 posts, read 5,372 times
Although the majority of westa fricans may have dark skin that does not mean the majority of Africans have dark skin. African Americans have mixed with white or native populations just as Africans have mixed with middle eastern and Europeans. There may be more lighter skinned blacks living in Africa than in the Americas. There certainly are more descendants of Africans period. I would be interesting to see a comprehensive study on this.

Old 08-03-2015, 08:37 AM

7,668 posts, read 5,258,298 times
It's obviously because they have some European ancestry.

Old 08-03-2015, 09:17 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,891,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickandtiredofthis View Post
It's obviously because they have some European ancestry.
Roughly 1/3(it is a bit more) of all paternal lineages in African-Americans trace back to a European male this has been reapeateadly demonstrated through genetic testing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World