Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 04:52 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,615,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWestDude View Post
Africa is the best place for you, seriously.
Lol..I do not think this post was set up in a serious nature so much as facete. No one can argue that the African continent is a very torn place. And (i believe ) the posters intention was to say " live in Africa for a spell if you want to see TRUE racism". Talk about ethnic cleansing! Skin color matters not...all are hated equally. Maoism is alive and well. "Power speaks through the barrel of a gun". Race ,color of skin, national origin, religion, are all secondary to whether you are better armed than the group up yonder or not. The U.S. has had it's problems but the only real problem we have now is folks letting go of what was in favor of what is. I'm as guilty as any of this because I have strong feelings about the War between the States. But NONE of those feelings have ANYTHING to do with race. We are in a vicious circle. Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it!

Old 08-23-2008, 09:41 PM

217 posts, read 346,274 times
I would say the best place in the world for africans is africa

Old 08-23-2008, 09:41 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,379,099 times
best place and no racism is a tough pick. there could be racism but it could be a good place. with racism comes guilt which can be manipulated and used to ones advantage. if everybody is black you dont have racism or guilt but you got mean streets--- that can get rough ---- dont have to look to uganda for that, you got that in NO.
so tough question no racism and best place. i guess of the 2 i would choose best place, that being USA longest immigration line--- and you already got your citizenship no? i think the biggest hatred that many american black people gota deal with is their own hatred. too many young men are slaves to their own fists, their own hatred and violence. i have a dream.
fyi i am non white.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 08-23-2008 at 10:11 PM..

Old 08-25-2008, 06:57 PM

36 posts, read 228,891 times
Thing is you will never escape racism and other forms of discrimination it is a state of mind which was learned from an early stage, also look at the media as to how they portray Africa, its poor, its dirty, etc etc ... well I remember Will Smith coming to Africa, he was so surprised to see a modern airport (i really wish worked that flight, would have slapped that stupidity out of him) and yes in Africa we do speak English and other languages!! I have talked to some African-Americans as you call yourself and they too place stereotypes against Africans which was fed to them, I mean even you did .. lol i bet you think we wear a rag cloth and dance around a fire which by the way can be fun and you propably also think we have no culture like Europe or the rest of the world, FYI- Africa has alot of culture, history etc it was just not documented and is mostly told by the elders!! Africa also has a fair share of caucasians, asians, muslims, indians etc ... If you want diversity, I would say come down here to southern part of Africa specially South Africa (Racism and crime is more common there but very multi-cultural) and Namibia (a little better than SA, people here more accepting, laid-back and friendly and the cities/towns cleaner than SA but small population 2.1 mil), only problem is that its hard to obtain work permits/visas -- we also have really stupid leaders --- Have you heard Jacob Zuma is going to be president of SA --- that man is a character onto himself!!. Africa is really not so bad and can be much more rewarding than other parts of the world. Those who were born in Africa: black, white, purple you name it will tell you they love Africa except for the few rotten apples of course always moaning. Just learn to embrace diversity, smile and live your life!! I wanted to move to Europe because i felt it has a higher standard of living ... thats nonsense, the meat there is injected and not fresh, the food is all processed and injected etc thats sad and also the people living there seem damn unhappy compared to the people here who are damn poor, I would only move to Europe to gain expierience and learn from the different cultures but its not home, I love my life in Africa and I will work damn hard to make sure that my continent will prosper and defy all obstacles in its path, claim back our riches and build a beautiful and diverse continent and spread it to the world.

''Emanicipate yourself from mental slavery, non but ourselves can free our minds'' love those around you no matter how vile or cruel because you have alot to gain in the end. Don't let anyone tell you that you are not smart or you worthless or cheap labour, you can walk around with a Phd but that doesn't mean that your above someone who is uneducated as society deems. Remember that an uneducated person has a part to play in this world and no matter how small his/her part they will accomplish it and can also offer alot more than someone with a Phd. Just believe in yourself, don't discriminate and smile, make the most of your life and try Africa maybe you will find what you really looking for here. Africa is open to all!!!!!

I also attached a link for you .. a beautiful song you should definately listen to it!! It makes me proud to be an African!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1xmkkqQs4A

Last edited by dali_wami; 08-25-2008 at 08:12 PM..

Old 08-26-2008, 04:21 AM

5 posts, read 17,013 times
Hi!
Yees, I agree, best place: USA.
but... I'm white and i dont know how I'd feel among the black people in Africa, f.ex...?
and btw I'd love to visit Africa and find out how it's really there!

Old 08-26-2008, 04:29 AM

4 posts, read 14,496 times
Australia...

Old 08-28-2008, 07:55 AM

51 posts, read 244,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dali_wami View Post
Thing is you will never escape racism and other forms of discrimination it is a state of mind which was learned from an early stage, also look at the media as to how they portray Africa, its poor, its dirty, etc etc ... well I remember Will Smith coming to Africa, he was so surprised to see a modern airport (i really wish worked that flight, would have slapped that stupidity out of him) and yes in Africa we do speak English and other languages!! I have talked to some African-Americans as you call yourself and they too place stereotypes against Africans which was fed to them, I mean even you did .. lol i bet you think we wear a rag cloth and dance around a fire which by the way can be fun and you propably also think we have no culture like Europe or the rest of the world, FYI- Africa has alot of culture, history etc it was just not documented and is mostly told by the elders!! Africa also has a fair share of caucasians, asians, muslims, indians etc ... If you want diversity, I would say come down here to southern part of Africa specially South Africa (Racism and crime is more common there but very multi-cultural) and Namibia (a little better than SA, people here more accepting, laid-back and friendly and the cities/towns cleaner than SA but small population 2.1 mil), only problem is that its hard to obtain work permits/visas -- we also have really stupid leaders --- Have you heard Jacob Zuma is going to be president of SA --- that man is a character onto himself!!. Africa is really not so bad and can be much more rewarding than other parts of the world. Those who were born in Africa: black, white, purple you name it will tell you they love Africa except for the few rotten apples of course always moaning. Just learn to embrace diversity, smile and live your life!! I wanted to move to Europe because i felt it has a higher standard of living ... thats nonsense, the meat there is injected and not fresh, the food is all processed and injected etc thats sad and also the people living there seem damn unhappy compared to the people here who are damn poor, I would only move to Europe to gain expierience and learn from the different cultures but its not home, I love my life in Africa and I will work damn hard to make sure that my continent will prosper and defy all obstacles in its path, claim back our riches and build a beautiful and diverse continent and spread it to the world.

''Emanicipate yourself from mental slavery, non but ourselves can free our minds'' love those around you no matter how vile or cruel because you have alot to gain in the end. Don't let anyone tell you that you are not smart or you worthless or cheap labour, you can walk around with a Phd but that doesn't mean that your above someone who is uneducated as society deems. Remember that an uneducated person has a part to play in this world and no matter how small his/her part they will accomplish it and can also offer alot more than someone with a Phd. Just believe in yourself, don't discriminate and smile, make the most of your life and try Africa maybe you will find what you really looking for here. Africa is open to all!!!!!

I also attached a link for you .. a beautiful song you should definately listen to it!! It makes me proud to be an African!!

YouTube - Dj Simza - Mine Bengidzakiwe
True there is a lot of ignorance about Africa that goes unchecked here in America. Many of my fellow (the ignorant ones) African Americans harbor stereotypes but also feel that Africans "look" down on them. But not all of us feel that way. Do you feel that Black Americans would be well received in South Africa or Nambia?

Old 08-29-2008, 04:27 PM

36 posts, read 228,891 times
You would most certainly be welcomed here!!

Old 10-27-2008, 06:56 PM

668 posts, read 2,357,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by decafdave View Post
Hold-on a second. If someone is a African-American then they are simply an American that is descended from an African. So for AA's I would say America obviously.
What's the point of calling U.S. blacks African Americans when they are a part of the U.S. and not of Africa? Now if someone were to ask where the best place in the world for blacks to escape racism against them in particular than Africa is the only place I can think of. Every country has racism to a certain extent so I would guess Africa would be the only place free of racism against blacks.
Any poverty stricken black run country might just possibly be the worst place for an African-American. Whether it's Africa or the Carribean, etc. My older brother lives in Jamaica for instance and when I talk to other Jamaicans they say that they despise blacks in America. It is very ignorant, I know, but keep in mind, these are third world countries, where education, especially on world culture and lifestyles, is very limited, which works against anybody outside of the country, not just Americans. They generlise African-Americans as overly cocky, boasty and they think they live as well as most other Americans (ie no projects, ghetto's, etc), whcih far from true and even hypocritical. It is more culturally based then race based, and could be found in any under-educated third world country where ignorance is everywhere. Not only would Jamaicans not offer open arms to African-Americans, but neither Haitians or Africans, etc., because they are not from there. It would be the same situation if a Jamaican or African-American or Carribeanite went to a country in Africa. The ignorance, combined with the "every-man-for-him/herself" type attitude found in third world countries, would isolate any outsider, regardless of race- ie there would not be enough wealth to go around they would just view you as someone trying to take advantage of their country, especially if you're american, black or not. Western nations, regardless of race, would be the best places to stick with, because of the better education (the ignorance, though may be noticeable, would not compare to a third world country), and not everybody is trying to make it just day-to-day. Like I said, it's more ethnically based for an African-American in a black country: they would only see an American, nothing more, nothing less.

Old 10-27-2008, 08:54 PM

5,759 posts, read 11,355,398 times
I'm surprised nobody mentioned Brazil. Aside from the USA, Brazil is one of the world's largest melting pot populations, one of the least homogenous on earth. About half of Brazil's population has some african / black heritage from their ancestors. I won't say there aren't racial issues or economic discrimination based on race in Brazil, but on a social level people of all races seem to blend in everywhere and seem to accept each other without hangups. Never heard anyone who thought of themselves as hyphenated somethings. I've known several Americans who are black that lived in Brazil (and spoke good Portuguese) and had a tough time leaving when it came time to return to the US (contract jobs ended).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World