Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 12:24 PM

7,956 posts, read 11,846,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matematik View Post
That's probably because other places don't get them in such huge numbers, so they never really see the real Britain and get their idea of British people from films and TV shows that portray Brits as stiff-upper lip types.
Lol why are you starting these threads if you are dead set in your views, you have mugged off Brits in every thread and comment I have read of yours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2012, 09:00 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
The British seem to travel per capita more than most countries so you seem to find some almost everywhere. Hence you'll get a lot of bad as well as good ones, the bad ones usually stand out.

Old 02-19-2012, 10:56 PM

2,918 posts, read 5,608,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrconfusion87 View Post
What I found funny about the Brit travellers' image is that while their image is terrible in Europe, they are pretty well liked elsewhere!
british tourists have an awful reputation in thailand. both phuket and pattaya are flooded with low class british trash. if it wasn't for the recent influx of clueless and obnoxious russian and indian tourists, brits would be near the top of my list. altho brits with a little class are as good as any nationality, so it's really a mixed bag. can't say that about russians, all of them seem to be idiots who need to be banned from international travel immediately.

in manila, and the philippines in general i'd say my least favorite tourists are koreans.

Old 02-19-2012, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foadi View Post
british tourists have an awful reputation in thailand. both phuket and pattaya are flooded with low class british trash. if it wasn't for the recent influx of clueless and obnoxious russian and indian tourists, brits would be near the top of my list. altho brits with a little class are as good as any nationality, so it's really a mixed bag. can't say that about russians, all of them seem to be idiots who need to be banned from international travel immediately.

in manila, and the philippines in general i'd say my least favorite tourists are koreans.
I've met more British tourists than I care to remember. Made some friends, but you're right you have the hoards you think they are 'well-travelled' by following the crowd doing the same old stuff. Full Moon Party at Koh Phang Ngan is just getting wasted with a tropical backdrop. That's one downside to how easy world travel has become.

Old 02-20-2012, 12:05 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times
I've seen quite a few Australians who are pretty bad, they act like the world owes them an adventure. Americans, for the most part, fall in the range from naive to stupid, but not with any great deal of malice. Latin Americans who can afford to travel are pretty bad when traveling in Latin America. At the other extreme, the Chinese are very respectful and solicitous of people at a lower socio-economic station, and are courteous travelers mindful of the dignity of the countryside.

Old 02-20-2012, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
I've seen quite a few Australians who are pretty bad, they act like the world owes them an adventure. Americans, for the most part, fall in the range from naive to stupid, but not with any great deal of malice. Latin Americans who can afford to travel are pretty bad when traveling in Latin America. At the other extreme, the Chinese are very respectful and solicitous of people at a lower socio-economic station, and are courteous travelers mindful of the dignity of the countryside.
I overheard a couple of British travellers themselves saying how bad a lot of Brit travellers were, so I guess they've earned an unfortunate reputation.

Either way, people are individuals and anyone who judges an individual traveller on the behaviour of their countrymen and women is ignorant.

Definitely agree with you on some Australians.

Old 02-20-2012, 01:00 PM

410 posts, read 949,687 times
Hosts can be just as rude and unpleasant as travellers. In Cyprus the other day, I was discreetly relieving myself in someone's front garden, and the dotty homeowner came out screaming blue murder - she used some very offensive language. So these things cut both ways.

Old 02-20-2012, 01:17 PM

1,370 posts, read 3,054,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
SoCali's
As someone who lives in Southern California, I can agree with this.

Old 02-20-2012, 02:46 PM

42 posts, read 75,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Hubard View Post
Hosts can be just as rude and unpleasant as travellers. In Cyprus the other day, I was discreetly relieving myself in someone's front garden, and the dotty homeowner came out screaming blue murder - she used some very offensive language. So these things cut both ways.
well, i wonder whose fault that is

Old 02-20-2012, 02:54 PM

42 posts, read 75,616 times
i don't know why brits have such a bad reputation. every brit i've met has been generally pleasant in one way or another, but i do think they need to cut back on alcohol a bit lol.
i'm baffled as to why everyone hates american travelers so much. i admit that sometimes we can be a bit stupid and naive.. and not dress well. but it's not like we're harming or annoying anyone, and from what i've seen, we are usually pretty respectful. there are some exceptions, but when aren't there?

now, russians on the other hand... let's just say i will not be returning to sharm el sheikh!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World