Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 08:21 AM

29 posts, read 61,831 times

Advertisements

I've always thought Paris as the top.
Well,Tokyo isn't a surprise but Jakarta?It's the capital of Indonesia,right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2013, 05:47 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,192,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAL View Post
Dubai is pretty awesome. In one mall you can catch a movie, visit an aquarium, watch a water fountain show, go ice skating or watch a hockey game, and take a trip to the top of the tallest building on the planet. Then if after two or three days you've seen everything you want to you can take a one minute walk over a bridge next to aforementioned water fountain, and you're at another mall.

Another mall has a ski slope in it.
That ski slope in a shopping mall sounds unique! I was an OK skier about twenty years ago...would not try it today. That would still be nice to see, though.

Old 08-27-2013, 02:21 PM

1,028 posts, read 1,880,436 times
Paramus, NJ (four malls in one small town near NYC)
Manila
Dubai

Gemerally North American and Asian cities

Old 08-27-2013, 10:35 PM

3,635 posts, read 10,740,561 times
Manila has to be number one. They have huge malls across the street from other huge malls, connected by bridges. It's ridiculous. They're building more and more malls all the time, or expanding existing malls. They have malls like a US city has Walgreens.

Here's a list.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...n_Metro_Manila

Of the big ones they mention, Glorietta and Greenbelt are across the streets from one another. SM City North EDSA & Trinoma are across the street from each other.

Old 09-13-2013, 08:43 PM

1,678 posts, read 3,737,015 times
Not sure how it ranks internationally but supposedly Dallas has more shopping centers per capita than any other city in the United States and is also home to the second shopping center ever built in the United States.

Anyways I don't really care for shopping anyways however street retail makes things more interesting from a people watching perspective however being in an enclosed environment is nice during inclement weather or if it is really hot and humid out.

Old 09-14-2013, 11:55 AM

826 posts, read 864,415 times
São Paulo has hundreds of shopping malls. One of the most famous (and expensive) is the JK Iguatemi Mall.

To the left

Old 09-14-2013, 12:52 PM

4,491 posts, read 6,341,443 times
Mhm... Shenzhen was pretty bizarre. I've never seen so many shopping malls that just offer fakes.

Luohu Commercial City was one of those weird places... Five stories, hundreds of small shops, not a single original piece.

Old 09-16-2013, 02:02 PM

1,736 posts, read 2,525,573 times
One city I would like to mention here about shopping malls is Buenos Aires. The Galería Pacífico is the finest shopping mall I ever seen. It has a wonderful architecture and many frescoes, making it look easily like an italian cathedral.

On the other hand it has also the Village Recoleta. According to some sources it was completely rebuilt, but when I visited it in 2007 my impression of that place was the worst possible, I couldn't even realise that someone would work there without having nightmares every night. More than being placed closely to the main graveyard of the city, the internal decoration is black with a reddish-purple carpet featuring some small coloured stars and an enormous wall with a dark red tangled buttoned wallpaper. In the top there is an enormous golden sculpture depicting a sliced human head. It was one of the most depressing ambients which I ever visited. I've heard it has one of the best movie theatres of Buenos Aires, but I would not be surprised if it only plays horror films.

Old 09-17-2013, 03:29 PM

23,513 posts, read 23,986,796 times
Hong Kong, San Francisco

Old 11-29-2015, 04:37 PM

3,977 posts, read 6,781,141 times
Brazilian cities usually have lots of shopping malls. Not only the largest cities, but also the mid-sized.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World