U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2013, 12:47 PM

7,811 posts, read 13,163,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayah(812) View Post
Good question!

I would like to visit Spain and Morocco again (well, pretty much have to visit Morocco again!) but I would not like to live in either (again). Same with Mexico; I have visited but have never lived there and have no desire to live there. Anyway I would like to visit Germany, Poland, Italy, Algeria and Tunisia some day but I'm pretty sure I don't want to live in those places either.

If I had to pick a country to live in other than the USA, I would pick the UK or Portugal. I have visited those countries numerous times and I would love to go back to visit.
Yes, I agree this is a good question and for people to know very well their international country preferences for living in and visiting. There is variation of experience and perspective between visiting a place vs. living in a place, especially for a long time.

Mexico is one of the 7+ countries I visited, particularly in the Mayan Yucatan Peninsula around Cancun for 2 weeks. I actually loved my visit to this region of Mexico, even if I sometimes criticize Mexico as a whole, and don’t think I would live there.

The UK/England was ironically the most disappointing country I ever visited, even if the trip was pretty good, just not meeting my expectations, at least for London. My other international trips was even better compared to UK.

This is surprising if you want to live in Portugal while not wanting to live in Spain anymore. What happened for Portugal vs. Spain?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2013, 01:30 PM

3,719 posts, read 6,895,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepastpresentandfuture View Post
Wow, some people can’t handle the truth for world reality.

You falsely interpreted what I said for 1 post in this topic and exaggerating the situation.

In retrospect, maybe I should have said the words of wisdom for world reality in the other topic much more than in this topic. I just noticed the direct correlation in ideas and events for both topics, and the pattern for what is said. No, I don’t have a problem.

You just needed to know plenty of countries all over the world have a high percentage of people having a good life in those countries, loving life, being successful, having fame, wealthy people, millionaires, billionaires, celebrities, movies, and other positive characteristics of society.

However, now you are saying the other topic was a joke and not being serious for thinking it was only 1 country. I didn’t know this because I just looked at the title and didn’t want to go into that topic because I found the title offensive. Anyways, please no more responses about this in my topic.
You have falsey misunderstood what I have said, you should be ashamed not only ashamed but know that you have much ignorance inside you maximum, I recommend for you to visit more countries, I also recommend for you to understand what I am saying as it is what it is, falsely the fact that you think I don't know countries have fame and celebrities, notice how I said ONLY DEVELOPED COUNTRIES, seriously please don't be like those other people that cant admit to the fact that their wrong.

Old 07-15-2013, 02:37 PM

800 posts, read 982,440 times
Some people are overreacting right now. And I live in America. If somebody doesn't want to live in America, they don't have to. They also don't have to tell you why. America is a great country, but there are SEVERAL other great countries. They have some things that are better than what's in America, and America has some things that are better than what's in those countries. No need to get uber defensive when someone says something negative about America. Let them think what they think.

I would like the opportunity to visit most countries, so I will list the few I would live in, and the few I would never step foot in:

Live: USA (live here), Canada, China, UK, France, Australia, Barbados
Never visit: any part of Africa or the Middle East that is affected by war or extreme corruption, Colombia, Venezuela

Old 07-15-2013, 03:13 PM

3,719 posts, read 6,895,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySwelly View Post
Some people are overreacting right now. And I live in America. If somebody doesn't want to live in America, they don't have to. They also don't have to tell you why. America is a great country, but there are SEVERAL other great countries. They have some things that are better than what's in America, and America has some things that are better than what's in those countries. No need to get uber defensive when someone says something negative about America. Let them think what they think.

I would like the opportunity to visit most countries, so I will list the few I would live in, and the few I would never step foot in:

Live: USA (live here), Canada, China, UK, France, Australia, Barbados
Never visit: any part of Africa or the Middle East that is affected by war or extreme corruption, Colombia, Venezuela
How about your overreacting. Also if they don't want me to tell them why they left because they don't have a reason and because there lying that's fine.

Old 07-15-2013, 03:51 PM

14,870 posts, read 20,442,695 times
Quote:
Oh, come on, I know the forums on the website better than 90% of people.

Lol, coming from someone with endless overly short responses, overly generalizing, sometimes 1 word posts, and probably never visiting any place outside of USA in a lifetime.

I love having sometimes long, specific, impressive posts on a website, but at the same time good to have a well balanced variety of short posts, medium length posts, and long posts.

For what you are referring to, I was not really responding only to the question. It was more for what was said related to the question in another topic having relations to this topic for the same poster, but I am not surprised for where the false generalization came from. No more responses for this anymore.
Is this directed towards me?
i don't share my personal life on here so how you dont know about my travels....

Old 07-15-2013, 03:54 PM

14,870 posts, read 20,442,695 times
I would like to buy Minnesota.

(The World -- United Arab Emirates)
Attached Thumbnails
Countries You Would Like Visiting But Not To Live in. Also, Countries That You Would Like To Both Visit And Live In.-gulf.png  

Old 07-15-2013, 09:54 PM
BMI

7,471 posts, read 6,603,068 times
Quote:
This is an interesting list. Why is Austria only for visiting while Switzerland is for living in? What about for Norway vs. Sweden?

People like to know the noticeable differences between Austria vs. Switzerland, and Norway vs. Sweden. I actually prefer Austria much more compared to Switzerland.
I've vacationed in Austria a couple times and didn't like the locals much, I enjoy skiing
on vacation in Austria but I wouldn't want to live there.
Also, I find Switzerland more varied than Austria, very multilingual with distinct areas
like the Italian speaking Ticino Canton with it's almost mediteranean-like climate and atmosphere.
I went a boarding school in Switzerland and got to experience
many interesting places in Valais Canton as well as nearby Chamonix, France.
Most of time in Switzerland was in the french speaking areas of the country, around
Lausanne-Montreaux area, and in the alps near Villars and Champery.
I understand French well and would no problem living in France too (especially Grasse-Nice area).

As for Norway vs Sweden,
IMO Norway has nicer scenery with beautiful fjords and my ancestors on my dad's side are from there, so I tend to prefer it over Sweden.

Old 07-16-2013, 09:06 AM

832 posts, read 1,598,118 times
Default Can't put my finger on it...

Quote:
Yes, I agree this is a good question and for people to know very well their international country preferences for living in and visiting. There is variation of experience and perspective between visiting a place vs. living in a place, especially for a long time.

Mexico is one of the 7+ countries I visited, particularly in the Mayan Yucatan Peninsula around Cancun for 2 weeks. I actually loved my visit to this region of Mexico, even if I sometimes criticize Mexico as a whole, and don’t think I would live there.

The UK/England was ironically the most disappointing country I ever visited, even if the trip was pretty good, just not meeting my expectations, at least for London. My other international trips was even better compared to UK.

This is surprising if you want to live in Portugal while not wanting to live in Spain anymore. What happened for Portugal vs. Spain?
I think I just got a better vibe in Portugal. It's probably because of what I heard being true, that Portugal is more open to the anglo-phones (from the USA and UK in particular) than Spain is. Some (including me) have an idea as to why, which is pretty obvious once I say it, but I don't want to say it because it sounds offensive/stereotypical. Spain wasn't all bad for me though--in fact I wouldn't mind staying in Galicia which is the province just north of Portugal. The people there were really friendly and I loved the land, weather and their adorable accent. Galicia and Portugal as you know share a lot of history, plus having very similar languages and cities on or near the ocean. In Portugal I stayed in Lisbon and visited Setubal and Oporto. In Galicia I visited Vigo several times (yes, taking the 14-hour one-way bus ride from southern Spain each time!) and stayed one night up in Santiago. I've heard Vigo get put down as not being a nice city but I would go back. In fact now that you've got me digging up old memories, I probably would be better off in Galicia since I already speak Spanish.

Old 07-16-2013, 10:07 PM

24,468 posts, read 19,618,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
I would like to buy Minnesota.
Hands off of Shopping Mall of America..

Old 07-17-2013, 12:27 PM

235 posts, read 471,848 times
Well I have only been to about 15 countries so for me:
visit but not live: Costa Rica, Belize, Canada, Guatemala, Nicaragua
visit and live: US, Mexico, Italy,Vietnam, Spain, UK, Ireland, Japan, South Korea, France, Ecuador, Brazil, Colombia, Uraguay, Argentina, Chile

Last edited by SeattleCat; 07-17-2013 at 12:29 PM.. Reason: spelling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World