U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2013, 03:07 PM

6,490 posts, read 12,180,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
You have falsey misunderstood what I have said, you should be ashamed not only ashamed but know that you have much ignorance inside you maximum, I recommend for you to visit more countries, I also recommend forr you to understanddd what I am saying as it is what it is, falsely the fact that you think I don't know countries have fame and celebrities, notice how I said ONLY DEVELOPED COUNTRIES, seriously please don't be like those other people that cant admit to the fact that their wrong.
Wow, I know this was a sarcastic post and not being serious. Some people are just jealous and end up being rude for no reason. I can’t respond to an ignorant post right now.

Anyways, just go on topic: All of the Countries You Want to Live In And Visit vs. the Countries Only for Visiting, and write in complete sentences, including proper grammar, at least sometimes.

Well, we both falsely understood what we said to each other. Time to move on, especially in this topic.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2013, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySwelly View Post
Some people are overreacting right now. And I live in America. If somebody doesn't want to live in America, they don't have to. They also don't have to tell you why. America is a great country, but there are SEVERAL other great countries. They have some things that are better than what's in America, and America has some things that are better than what's in those countries. No need to get uber defensive when someone says something negative about America. Let them think what they think.

I would like the opportunity to visit most countries, so I will list the few I would live in, and the few I would never step foot in:

Live: USA (live here), Canada, China, UK, France, Australia, Barbados
Never visit: any part of Africa or the Middle East that is affected by war or extreme corruption, Colombia, Venezuela
Yes, you are showing a very balanced opinion too, and I agree for most of what you said.

There is plenty of magnificent, impressive, and good countries all over the world. I would say there is more countries than just several countries.

However, I like, and respect USA too, including living in Seattle Washington state and New York. I just don’t want to see any overly provincial, narrow minded, or false viewing for USA. People should also know there is an exciting variety of options for countries to visit and live in.

This is my list for countries to visit and countries to live in:

For Living In and Visiting: (At least 29 countries total):

France, USA, China, Thailand, Taiwan, Austria, Italy, Spain, Czech Republic, Argentina, Switzerland, Japan, Singapore, Vietnam, India, Netherlands, Belgium, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, South Korea, Canada, Australia, Germany, Fiji, Chile, Romania, Malaysia

For visiting but not to live in (Around 44 countries total):

New Zealand, Portugal, Peru, Ecuador, UK, Mexico, Costa Rica, Panama, Brazil, Uruguay, Saint Lucia, Nepal, Bhutan, Laos, Cambodia, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Bulgaria, Finland, Estonia, Croatia, Slovenia, Montenegro, Andorra, Luxembourg, Russia, Greece, Poland, Hungary, Indonesia, Philippines, Israel, UAE, Tunisia, Morocco, Cape Verde, Gabon, Ghana, Seychelles, Mauritius, Maldives, Sri Lanka

Old 07-17-2013, 03:19 PM

3,719 posts, read 6,626,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepastpresentandfuture View Post
Wow, I know this was a sarcastic post and not being serious. Some people are just jealous and end up being rude for no reason. I can’t respond to an ignorant post right now.

Anyways, just go on topic: All of the Countries You Want to Live In And Visit vs. the Countries Only for Visiting, and write in complete sentences, including proper grammar, at least sometimes.

Well, we both falsely understood what we said to each other. Time to move on, especially in this topic.
HAHAHA the jokes on you now, it was sarcasm! Some people are just jealous and end of being rude for no reason I guess, your the real one that didn't identified the sarcasm...well at least the first part.

Old 07-17-2013, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMI View Post
I've vacationed in Austria a couple times and didn't like the locals much, I enjoy skiing
on vacation in Austria but I wouldn't want to live there.
Also, I find Switzerland more varied than Austria, very multilingual with distinct areas
like the Italian speaking Ticino Canton with it's almost mediteranean-like climate and atmosphere.
I went a boarding school in Switzerland and got to experience
many interesting places in Valais Canton as well as nearby Chamonix, France.
Most of time in Switzerland was in the french speaking areas of the country, around
Lausanne-Montreaux area, and in the alps near Villars and Champery.
I understand French well and would no problem living in France too (especially Grasse-Nice area).

As for Norway vs Sweden,
IMO Norway has nicer scenery with beautiful fjords and my ancestors on my dad's side are from there, so I tend to prefer it over Sweden.
This is surprising. You are not the only person saying this about Austrians on the website.

The Austrians I met are friendly, even if sometimes introverted, very balanced, cultured, and interesting. I believe Austria as a whole is an underrated country internationally, even if Vienna the city is almost overrated.

The Swiss people I met are even friendlier, even if introverted too. At the same time, they certainly show another personality compared to Austrians, and especially because they don’t have the same official languages.

I prefer Austria compared to Switzerland because Vienna is a much larger city than anything in Switzerland, there is enough mountainous scenery, the geographic location in Europe is even more intriguing, not nearly as prohibitively expensive for cost of living, and the independent café bar scene in Austria is probably even better than in Switzerland.

However, I appreciate, respect, and enjoy Switzerland too.

Sweden appears a little bit more cosmopolitan, multicultural than Norway, at least for Scandinavian standards, and Stockholm is more of an urban destination than Oslo. However, Norway does have the more impressive nature scenery, and Bergen is a unique town not having an equivalent in Sweden. Gothenburg is not exactly Bergen Norway.

Old 07-17-2013, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayah(812) View Post
I think I just got a better vibe in Portugal. It's probably because of what I heard being true, that Portugal is more open to the anglo-phones (from the USA and UK in particular) than Spain is. Some (including me) have an idea as to why, which is pretty obvious once I say it, but I don't want to say it because it sounds offensive/stereotypical. Spain wasn't all bad for me though--in fact I wouldn't mind staying in Galicia which is the province just north of Portugal. The people there were really friendly and I loved the land, weather and their adorable accent. Galicia and Portugal as you know share a lot of history, plus having very similar languages and cities on or near the ocean. In Portugal I stayed in Lisbon and visited Setubal and Oporto. In Galicia I visited Vigo several times (yes, taking the 14-hour one-way bus ride from southern Spain each time!) and stayed one night up in Santiago. I've heard Vigo get put down as not being a nice city but I would go back. In fact now that you've got me digging up old memories, I probably would be better off in Galicia since I already speak Spanish.
Maybe this depends on exact region in Spain vs. Portugal. What do you believe is the reason if Spain is less open to Anglophone people compared to Portugal?

Is it because of how some ignorant Americans view Spanish speaking South American/Central American/Caribbean countries such as Mexico compared to Spain, and having a false stereotype for those countries being similar? Most Spanish speaking countries from the continental region I referred to is quite different from Spain, and some Americans don’t know the reality.

I like Spain. However, Portugal is nice too. I probably prefer Spain compared to Portugal. However, this just depends on personal preferences and experience. I already know my favorite places in Spain, and Portugal for visiting and living in.

The Spanish language is much easier to learn compared to Portuguese, and probably one of the easiest languages for a native English speaker to learn.

In the past 1 year, I started to have a dramatic change of opinions for Portugal, and started to appreciate, respect, and view Portugal much more positively for the country.

Old 07-17-2013, 03:41 PM

28,900 posts, read 50,425,364 times
All of them.

Except North Korea. I'm thinking it would depress me.

Old 07-17-2013, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleCat View Post
Well I have only been to about 15 countries so for me:
visit but not live: Costa Rica, Belize, Canada, Guatemala, Nicaragua
visit and live: US, Mexico, Italy,Vietnam, Spain, UK, Ireland, Japan, South Korea, France, Ecuador, Brazil, Colombia, Uraguay, Argentina, Chile
Well, visiting 15 countries total is actually a large, impressive amount of international countries to visit, especially for American standards.

There is a large percentage of Americans that don’t even visit up to 5 to 7 countries, and sometimes even less than 3. For most Western Europeans, this would be an unacceptable, poor amount in a lifetime, or even before 25 years old.

I recently turned 22 years old, and visited places in up to 8 countries, some of them up to 3 to 5 times in separate years: France, UK, Romania 5 times, Bulgaria 3 times, Canada 5 times, Mexico, Costa Rica, and all over USA, including moving far away twice between Seattle and New York. I enjoyed all of my traveling experiences, and perfectly content up to now. However, I definitely am looking forward for more international traveling and expect to travel in up to 30 countries up to 50 years old.

France, USA, Spain, Italy, Argentina, Chile, Vietnam, Japan, and South Korea are also in my countries for visiting and living in. I agree with most of your list of international places for living in, and for visiting.

I moved back to Seattle for the 2nd time in the past 1 month, and enjoying the move. I like the cities of Seattle and New York City equally, and they are some of my favorite cities. Your username appears to have connections with Seattle too.

I am in Roy Street Café Bar in Capitol Hill and love this café bar having free computer internet for my laptop computer. I like the perfect ambience, restaurant meal, coffee, dessert, and being able to use my computer in a café bar for plenty of hours.

Seattle probably continues to have one of the best independent café bar scenes in the world, especially for having computer wifi. Cities such as Paris, Vienna, Buenos Aires, Hong Kong, New York, San Francisco, and Portland also have some of the best, most varied, and entertaining independent café bars scenes too in the world.

Old 07-18-2013, 07:26 AM

87 posts, read 214,580 times
Quote:
Maybe this depends on exact region in Spain vs. Portugal. What do you believe is the reason if Spain is less open to Anglophone people compared to Portugal?

Is it because of how some ignorant Americans view Spanish speaking South American/Central American/Caribbean countries such as Mexico compared to Spain, and having a false stereotype for those countries being similar? Most Spanish speaking countries from the continental region I referred to is quite different from Spain, and some Americans don’t know the reality.

I like Spain. However, Portugal is nice too. I probably prefer Spain compared to Portugal. However, this just depends on personal preferences and experience. I already know my favorite places in Spain, and Portugal for visiting and living in.

The Spanish language is much easier to learn compared to Portuguese, and probably one of the easiest languages for a native English speaker to learn.

In the past 1 year, I started to have a dramatic change of opinions for Portugal, and started to appreciate, respect, and view Portugal much more positively for the country.

I think it's because some Americans have prejudices about Spain and think it is a version of Mexico in Europe, which look like the typical Mexican we eat tacos and beans. Nothing is further from the truth, no offense to Mexico and its culture, they have their own indigenous culture that more Spanish. Spain is or modern European country with great infrastructure, we are the third most visited country in the world. We are used to seeing foreigners and strive to make us understand if we do not speak your language. Spain has the world's best hotel infrastructure, high-speed train in Europe more miles, good health system, etc.. We are welcoming and friendly, a great country.

Old 07-18-2013, 07:30 AM

14,870 posts, read 19,616,550 times
Quote:
Well, visiting 15 countries total is actually a large, impressive amount of international countries to visit, especially for American standards.

There is a large percentage of Americans that don’t even visit up to 5 to 7 countries, and sometimes even less than 3. For most Western Europeans, this would be an unacceptable, poor amount in a lifetime, or even before 25 years old.
Some of them live in countries that border 5 other countries.
We border 2 countries.
Geography 101

Old 07-18-2013, 08:29 AM

87 posts, read 214,580 times
My whole countries, artistic beauty and natural beauty in Europe:

-Italy: It is essential to know the history of Europe. Gorgeous cities, country of design, great food, the Alps, the lakes, the coast ...

-France: Not only is Paris, French Riviera, Loire Castles, the country of fashion, good food, very comprehensive country

-Spain: Great story, great nightlife, good museums, good transportation, Madrid, Barcelona, Seville, Costa del Sol, Mallorca, great chefs ...

For me they are the three largest countries of European culture and besides good weather in all.

Last edited by ESPAÑOL; 07-18-2013 at 08:55 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World