U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 10:23 PM

3,719 posts, read 6,890,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaso View Post
español,esta claro que los españoles tenemos mas en comun con argentinos,uruguayos y chilenos que con los demas paises de habla hispana tanto culturalmente como geneticamente pero tambien te digo que no nos debieramos avergonzar o mirar con superioridad a nuestros hermanos que tienen mas sangre indigena o mestiza.Tu te sientes ofendido porque te confundan con un mexicano? Si es asi porque? Porque son mas oscuros y mas pobres?...si fuese asi seria un pobre argumento ya que nosotros tambien somos mas oscuros y mas pobres que los norte europeos
Did you know this is a English website?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2013, 07:12 AM

2,384 posts, read 6,752,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepastpresentandfuture View Post
Hey. I responded to your post earlier in this topic a week ago. Did you see my recent post response yet:
Thanks for your reply and for reposting it. I saw it just now.

Yes Spain and Portugal are similar in many things but Spain has more cultural and religious festivities than Portugal which I think is one of the reasons why Spain is more famous and has more tourists.

Thanks for liking Boracay. Last year, international magazine Travel + Leisure awarded Boracay as the best island in the world. It is also emerging among the top destinations for tranquility and night life. Aside from it's Paradise look, it is also very famous for it's shallow water so people who don't really know how to swim really enjoy the waters of Boracay.

We still have many other festivities in the Philippines like Flores de Maio, Dinagyang festival in Iloilo, Sinulog festival in Cebu, Mascara festival in Bacolod , Semana Santa reenactment just to name a few.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dinagyang

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cT-j8a2bgcs

Last edited by Hermosaa; 07-22-2013 at 07:49 AM..

Old 07-22-2013, 02:19 PM

87 posts, read 224,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaso View Post
español,esta claro que los españoles tenemos mas en comun con argentinos,uruguayos y chilenos que con los demas paises de habla hispana tanto culturalmente como geneticamente pero tambien te digo que no nos debieramos avergonzar o mirar con superioridad a nuestros hermanos que tienen mas sangre indigena o mestiza.Tu te sientes ofendido porque te confundan con un mexicano? Si es asi porque? Porque son mas oscuros y mas pobres?...si fuese asi seria un pobre argumento ya que nosotros tambien somos mas oscuros y mas pobres que los norte europeos
No offense to confuse me with an Indian American, just trying to explain how we are primarily a forum Spanish anglosaxon. There is nothing wrong with a Chicano confuse us, is that not true. I apologize if anyone was ofended.I like to see me as I am, not what I am. Unfortunately many people are racist to believe that we are a separate breed in Europe and if someone is not does not have to put up with stereotypes. Jaso, is that I do not think those races are inferior, do not misunderstand, please. If someone mistook northern Europe, also say that I'm not. I am very proud of what I am. In addition, a European north is as European as I

Last edited by ESPAÑOL; 07-22-2013 at 03:12 PM..

Old 07-22-2013, 08:28 PM

Quote:
I expected Spain, Argentina, and Chile to have more positive relations with each other, like being best friends, for having the most culturally wealthy, and developed forms of Spanish Latin culture, and some similar racial, ethnic demographics in the population.

However, a surprising percentage of people in each country doesn’t share this opinion yet and sometimes even being indifferent with each other. Maybe the relations between these countries is going to change and get much better over time, and very soon.

I have plenty of favorite countries all over the world, including in Europe, Asia, North America, Oceania, and South America.

Yes, too many Americans have false misconceptions and stereotypes for Spain vs. most of the Spanish speaking countries in South America/Central America/Caribbean. They need to know more of the reality in the world.

For Spain in particular, I know my favorite places there are Madrid, Barcelona, Ibiza, San Sebastian, Valencia, Seville, Malaga, Canary islands, Balearic islands, Pyrenees, and Vigo.
Sometimes in Latin America seems sin to say something good about Spain. I do not know if it is motivated by Their Governments to the population or conversely, Perhaps both. Recently the president of Argentina in Buenos Aires have removed a statue of Columbus, That is to reach a mass schizophrenia, is to deny yourself, to your own roots, history. They take 200 years independent and everything bad happens That is for Spain, not Their rulers, amazing. Latin America is a wonderful land but not some of Their leaders are very populist.

San Francisco reminds me a little of Lisbon with its hills and wonderful views, the Golden Gate Bridge on April 25. Sausalito is a kind of Mediterranean coastal town

Old 07-22-2013, 08:54 PM

4,676 posts, read 4,788,338 times
Quote:
There can be a huge difference between someone wanting to visit a place and wanting to live in a place. In plenty of cases, someone would like both at the same time. However, in plenty of other cases someone would like one out of two of those possibilities.

This is my list of countries I would like visiting but not to live in (About 37 countries total).

Fiji, Nepal, Bhutan, Laos, Cambodia, Mexico, Costa Rica, Panama, Saint Lucia, Bulgaria, Finland, Estonia, Croatia, Slovenia, Montenegro, Andorra, Luxembourg, Russia, Greece, Poland, Malaysia, Gabon, Ghana, Egypt, Ethiopia, Israel, New Zealand , UAE, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Azerbaijan, Czech Republic, Georgia, Brazil, Indonesia, Philippines, Hungary.

This is my list of most countries that I enjoy visiting and also to live in (At least 23 countries total. Maybe a few more).

France, UK/England, USA, China, Thailand, Japan, Taiwan, Singapore, South Korea, Netherlands, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Switzerland, Canada, Australia, Germany, Spain, Italy, Iceland, India, Vietnam, Belgium.
Countries I would like to visit, but not live in:
Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia (only the Java region),China (just for Hong Kong), Argentina (again), Chile, Uruguay, Ecuador, Peru, Dominica, South Africa, Morocco, Ireland, Norway, Austria, Nepal...I also hope to have the ability to enjoy Cuba one day.

Countries I would like to visit and (seriously consider) living in:
Canada...

Old 07-22-2013, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post

Yes Spain and Portugal are similar in many things but Spain has more cultural and religious festivities than Portugal which I think is one of the reasons why Spain is more famous and has more tourists.

Thanks for liking Boracay. Last year, international magazine Travel + Leisure awarded Boracay as the best island in the world. It is also emerging among the top destinations for tranquility and night life. Aside from it's Paradise look, it is also very famous for it's shallow water so people who don't really know how to swim really enjoy the waters of Boracay.

We still have many other festivities in the Philippines like Flores de Maio, Dinagyang festival in Iloilo, Sinulog festival in Cebu, Mascara festival in Bacolod , Semana Santa reenactment just to name a few.

Dinagyang Festival - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Iloilo Dinagyang 2011 - Tribu Pan ay - Champion - YouTube
I am in favor of Iberianism, union of Portugal and Spain, Andorra also. Today it is impossible. Speaking of religious celebration, the Holy Week in Seville is very important, you have definitely heard of this and the April Fair. Seville is known for its celebrations. In the Philippines simulate a crucifixión

Old 07-22-2013, 10:59 PM

2,384 posts, read 6,752,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESPAÑOL View Post
I am in favor of Iberianism, union of Portugal and Spain, Andorra also. Today it is impossible. Speaking of religious celebration, the Holy Week in Seville is very important, you have definitely heard of this and the April Fair. Seville is known for its celebrations. In the Philippines simulate a crucifixión
Yes I have been to Sevilla already on a holy week. I should say it was really big. It is a bit similar to what we also have in the Philippines ( procession with carrying of religious images but not as big as the ones in Spain), of course it is one of Spain's contribution to our culture, yes aside from procession we also have the simulation of cruxifiction which is similar to Mexico. When I was still in Portugal, I used to go to Spain every Holy Week because it is really a very big festivity there.

Old 08-03-2013, 02:37 PM

7,811 posts, read 13,141,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1984 View Post
Countries I would like to visit, but not live in:
Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia (only the Java region),China (just for Hong Kong), Argentina (again), Chile, Uruguay, Ecuador, Peru, Dominica, South Africa, Morocco, Ireland, Norway, Austria, Nepal...I also hope to have the ability to enjoy Cuba one day.

Countries I would like to visit and (seriously consider) living in:
Canada...
Wow, is Canada the only country in the world you want to live in, other than visiting? While I continue to like, appreciate, and respect Canada, I really started to feel Canada is overrated. This country is now much lower on my list compared to earlier times.

Why don’t you want to live in Australia, Hong Kong part of China, Norway, Argentina, Chile, and Austria?

I have plenty of countries all over the world in my list for places I know I would enjoy living in, other than visiting, and like to have an impressive variety of options in life.

Quote:
This is my list for countries to visit and countries to live in:

For Living In and Visiting: (At least 29 countries total):

France, USA, China, Thailand, Taiwan, Austria, Italy, Spain, Czech Republic, Argentina, Switzerland, Japan, Singapore, Vietnam, India, Netherlands, Belgium, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, South Korea, Canada, Australia, Germany, Fiji, Chile, Romania, Malaysia

For visiting but not to live in (Around 44 countries total):

New Zealand, Portugal, Peru, Ecuador, UK, Mexico, Costa Rica, Panama, Brazil, Uruguay, Saint Lucia, Nepal, Bhutan, Laos, Cambodia, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Bulgaria, Finland, Estonia, Croatia, Slovenia, Montenegro, Andorra, Luxembourg, Russia, Greece, Poland, Hungary, Indonesia, Philippines, Israel, UAE, Tunisia, Morocco, Cape Verde, Gabon, Ghana, Seychelles, Mauritius, Maldives, Sri Lanka

Old 08-03-2013, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post

Dinagyang Festival - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Iloilo Dinagyang 2011 - Tribu Pan ay - Champion - YouTube
Yes, I enjoy reading and seeing your posts too in the World, Europe, and Asia forums.

Spain and Portugal have plenty of similarities and plenty of differences simultaneously. There is enough differences
to make them have a separate unique sense of nationality from each other, especially in modern times.

However, some people group them together too easily and having some false stereotypes for their similarities in the
Iberian peninsula. And then some other people have the opposite view, and think they have some tension, mild conflict, or too many differences. The reality is somewhere in between both extremes of the continuum spectrum in opinions.

Yeah, I agree with your view of Spain vs. Portugal. Spain is more modern, prominent internationally, more entertainment options, and being more cosmopolitan than Portugal. I prefer Spain, even if Portugal is nice for experiencing too. It all depends on personal preference for someone’s lifestyle and where they want to be for certain times of their lives.

All of the entertaining festivals in Philippines, including the world record sky lantern festival in Iloilo province region, and Boracay island is a pleasant surprise for me. Thank you for all of the good interesting news, and information about Portugal, Philippines, and some other countries too.

Boracay island is an emerging tourism destination. Is Boracay island the Philippines version of Phuket, Thailand, or beginning to vaguely resemble Phuket?

Most of the positive attractions in the Philippines appears to be away from the largest city of Manila, and mostly in the more peaceful, tranquil, less crowded islands and other regions of this country.

Old 08-03-2013, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESPAÑOL View Post
Sometimes in Latin America seems sin to say something good about Spain. I do not know if it is motivated by Their Governments to the population or conversely, Perhaps both. Recently the president of Argentina in Buenos Aires have removed a statue of Columbus, That is to reach a mass schizophrenia, is to deny yourself, to your own roots, history. They take 200 years independent and everything bad happens That is for Spain, not Their rulers, amazing. Latin America is a wonderful land but not some of Their leaders are very populist.

San Francisco reminds me a little of Lisbon with its hills and wonderful views, the Golden Gate Bridge on April 25. Sausalito is a kind of Mediterranean coastal town
Yes, the relations between Spain-Argentina-Chile at the very least should be much better, and they should be best friends or get along very well in modern times for the majority of the population and the government system.

Well, it depends on exact country in Spanish speaking Latin America, and the historical vs. modern relations is not the same. Yeah, Latin America is a wonderful land after all, and I recently started to have more positive opinions, especially for Argentina-Chile-Brazil-Peru-French Guiana.

The real European Mediterranean region is quite different for scenery, personality, character, and lifestyle compared to coastal California’s version of North American pseudo-Mediterranean vibe over there.

Seville is a wonderful town in Spain, and having entertaining vibrant culture, festivals, and something very balanced, peaceful, and spiritual about Seville.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World