U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 09:30 AM

Location: MA/ME (the way life should not be / the way it should be)
1,267 posts, read 1,262,674 times

Advertisements

Ill visit any european nation, and canada, but will only live in 'Merica. (Sadly my lifetime here made me very american)
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2015, 05:59 AM

1 posts, read 980 times
Hi friends,

Countries I like to visit and live in :

Japan, New-Zealand, Australia, Chile, France (my country), UK, Germany, Scandinavie (Norway, Danemark, Finland, Suède, Islande), Italy (north), Canada, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Belgium, Ireland, Singapour, Taiwan
Netherland, South Korea, Austria

Countries I like to visit and could live (unemployement, lower standards than first group)

Italy (south), Spain, Portugal, Greek
Eastern Europe (Poland, Slovaquie, Hungary, Romania, Slovenia....)
USA (very high level crime and publics services are very low for a country so rich a shame...that's why I don't put it in the first level group)
South America : Costa Rica, Uruguay Argentina Perou
Africa : Namibia and Bostwana
French Overseas territories, (la Reunion, Guadeloupe, Martinique, Mayotte....)
Asia : Vietnam, Philippines, Thailand

Countries I like to visit and don't want to live in :

Egypt, China, India, Russia, Turkey, Morocco, Tunisia, Brazil, South Africa, Mexique, Cuba Mongolie
(Other American countries) Kenya

Countries I don't want to visit or live in :
ALL THE OTHERS (Africa for most parts) and Muslim countries ( Iraq, Pakistan, Arabie Saoudite...)
and North Korea...

Source (white man/non religious) :

I prefer countries with high living standards, egalitarian men/women, low levels crimes, freedom of speech.......
Have I forgotten a country?

Old 09-14-2015, 07:06 AM

685 posts, read 588,789 times
Countries I'd like to visit but not live in:
Turkey, Argentina, Ethiopia, Bhutan, Tibet(or China), Thailand, South Africa, Namibia, and parts of Central Asia.

Countries I'd like to visit and live in possibly:
Chile, Spain, Colombia, Peru, France(again), Norway, Iceland, New Zealand, Australia, Japan, South Korea, Switzerland, Croatia, Germany, Austria, and parts of Italy.

Old 09-14-2015, 11:36 AM

42,661 posts, read 83,163,564 times
Countries I would NOT like to visit:
Switzerland. Also Vatican City, Monaco, but only briefly to add them to my list, I've never been to either of them. Seychelles, Maldives -- can't afford the minimum required hotel stay and can't just go there on a day-trip.

Countries I would not like to live in:
All the above, North Korea, maybe Zimbabwe, I haven't heard much about it lately. Maybe Luxembourg. Pitcairn, Ascension, St. Helena, I don't want to live anywhere that I'd be conspicuous. Don't think I'd like to live in China anymore, but when I first went there, I did.

Everyplace else, I'd be open to visiting and could probably learn to live there. .

Old 09-14-2015, 01:08 PM

340 posts, read 316,359 times
I would like to visit Europe and South America but would never ever live there or associate as friends with the locals except for a few exceptions.

Old 09-14-2015, 09:11 PM

42,661 posts, read 83,163,564 times
What if a friend of yours tells you he has a nephew in the Peace Corps, and he's going over to visit him, and doesn't want to travel alone, so you are invited to go along, free, all expenses paid, without missing a day's pay from work. How many countries are there that you'd still refuse to go, even as a free trip?

I'm amazed that so many of you have indicated there are so many countries you "wouldn't want" to go to.

Old 06-05-2017, 04:13 AM

2,961 posts, read 2,785,658 times
Only have been to 4 countries(only 1 outside North America), and will soon be 5(2 outside NA) with an upcoming trip(Ireland).

Countries I'd only be up for visiting, but not living in:
Mexico

Countries I'd be up for visiting, and living in:
U.S.(where I live now, and grew up in)
Canada
Netherlands

I might just skip listing the countries I want to visit, since there are TOO MANY foreign countries still on my to visit list(lol)! The only countries I wouldn't want to either visit or live in would be North Korea, and probably most of the Middle East and Africa. And if this country counts as Asia or the Middle East(I forget), Afghanistan. There are a few exceptions where I'd be open to visiting them in the Middle East and Africa, such as Turkey, Egypt, Morocco, and South Africa. I'm probably forgetting a few other countries, as well. Not sure if I want to visit Israel, since I thought it sometimes has violence and terrorism? Ditto with Pakistan, for the same reason.

And screw Russia, I've gotten to the point where I'm no longer interested in wanting to visit that country. I'm still upset how they threw our election towards one where Trump won, and it isn't lost on me how they recently tried to swing the prime minister election in France too. Though the latter attempt, failed.

Old 06-05-2017, 11:01 AM

1,237 posts, read 1,292,908 times
Everyone except Brazil, Portugal and Australia. These are the only countries that I would like to live.

Well, I fact I have a few countries in the defenitely not going to, but there are so many countries that I would like to visit that I didn't yet. Better not think about those.

Old 06-05-2017, 02:17 PM

3,354 posts, read 2,352,757 times
Visit: practically any 1st world/developed country.

Live in: Spain, which is where i'm living. Well, the perfection would be living in the Canary Islands, but that's more difficult. Aruba or Curaçao (Dutch overseas territories) can be also an option.

Old 06-05-2017, 04:28 PM

528 posts, read 406,908 times
Visit: any country (even ones like North Korea, out of morbid curiosity)

Live in: any developed country where I could get away with speaking English (other than the US), especially Canada or NZ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World