U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2013, 05:08 PM

3,719 posts, read 6,890,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Welcome to a public forum, when people are curious about things they tend to ask questions.
Thank you I seriously cant believe these folks are getting mad at me for asking someone how come they left america. Then they post all this crap about it...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2013, 05:26 PM

14,870 posts, read 20,423,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
Thank you I seriously cant believe these folks are getting mad at me for asking someone how come they left america. Then they post all this crap about it...
Yea pretty pathetic

Old 07-15-2013, 03:08 AM

4,120 posts, read 5,315,566 times
Quote:
and...?
I will only be using my phone for internet the next few days or I would make a long list of reasons I prefer living in Scotland to living in the US.

Old 07-15-2013, 08:13 AM
BMI

7,471 posts, read 6,591,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanmaster View Post
Brazil
Russia
Ukraine
India
Vietnam
Cambodia
I'm guessing that's your countries you'd like to visit but not live list

My countries visit and live in list is...

Canada*
USA*
UK*
Norway
Switzerland*
France*
New Zealand
Australia

*= have visited or lived in

Only visit...

Argentina
Chile
Uruguay
Mexico*
Spain*
Italy
Croatia
Sweden
Germany*
Austria*

Old 07-15-2013, 10:17 AM

3,719 posts, read 6,890,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameriscot View Post
I will only be using my phone for internet the next few days or I would make a long list of reasons I prefer living in Scotland to living in the US.
oh okay, see I don't have a problem with you liking Scotland better than people who have a problem with people liking the usa better.

Old 07-15-2013, 10:29 AM

832 posts, read 1,596,793 times
Good question!

I would like to visit Spain and Morocco again (well, pretty much have to visit Morocco again!) but I would not like to live in either (again). Same with Mexico; I have visited but have never lived there and have no desire to live there. Anyway I would like to visit Germany, Poland, Italy, Algeria and Tunisia some day but I'm pretty sure I don't want to live in those places either.

If I had to pick a country to live in other than the USA, I would pick the UK or Portugal. I have visited those countries numerous times and I would love to go back to visit...Don't know that I will though--those days might be gone forever.

Last edited by Tintlelli; 07-15-2013 at 10:30 AM.. Reason: extra word

Old 07-15-2013, 12:39 PM

7,811 posts, read 13,141,726 times
Quote:
Bro seriously chill, I don't have a problem, but you seem to do since your replying to me, anyways I was asking just a simple question why? PS the thread was a joke but you are one of the delusional that took it seriously. It seems to me many Europeans have a problem with people liking the country they live in, that's why they post all these crazy negative threads about America, heck even the moderators are starting to notice they already deleted two negative threads in the last 3 weeks. Sorry but I like living in my country go on city data to tell my opinion on things just like everyone else does, and if you have a problem with that be my guess.
Wow, some people can’t handle the truth for world reality.

You falsely interpreted what I said for 1 post in this topic and exaggerating the situation.

In retrospect, maybe I should have said the words of wisdom for world reality in the other topic much more than in this topic. I just noticed the direct correlation in ideas and events for both topics, and the pattern for what is said. No, I don’t have a problem.

You just needed to know plenty of countries all over the world have a high percentage of people having a good life in those countries, loving life, being successful, having fame, wealthy people, millionaires, billionaires, celebrities, movies, and other positive characteristics of society.

However, now you are saying the other topic was a joke and not being serious for thinking it was only 1 country. I didn’t know this because I just looked at the title and didn’t want to go into that topic because I found the title offensive. Anyways, please no more responses about this in my topic.

Old 07-15-2013, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Welcome to a public forum, when people are curious about things they tend to ask questions.
Oh, come on, I know the forums on the website better than 90% of people.

Lol, coming from someone with endless overly short responses, overly generalizing, sometimes 1 word posts, and probably never visiting any place outside of USA in a lifetime.

I love having sometimes long, specific, impressive posts on a website, but at the same time good to have a well balanced variety of short posts, medium length posts, and long posts.

For what you are referring to, I was not really responding only to the question. It was more for what was said related to the question in another topic having relations to this topic for the same poster, but I am not surprised for where the false generalization came from. No more responses for this anymore.

Old 07-15-2013, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Well not exactly the same as the Scandinavian countries, but those are the ones a Finn would expect the least culture shocks, if hardly any. And I've been in Sweden probably 30 times, and at least 10 times in both Norway and Denmark, and like them all. It's like being away but partly still at home.

And I realized I would like to visit any country in the world. Except for them where I could die. Like DR Kongo, Somalia, Iraq and Afghanistan. I would visit North Korea or Antarctica. I have an issue with dictatorships and oppressive regimes, but yes, I could visit them still.

And that's just a provisionary list. Of course if I'd get a super job and a beautiful wife but in the UK, of course I would move. Only 3rd world countries like Papua New Guinea or Mali would be something I would really have to decline.
Yes, I said Finland is not exactly the same as the Scandinavian countries: Sweden, Norway, Denmark, even while sometimes being able to be categorized with those Scandinavian countries for some similarities.

Wow, and I thought I visited some countries plenty of times such as Romania 4 or 5 times, Bulgaria 3 times, and Canada 4 or 5 times, and in separate years, usually only in the summer months. You going to Sweden 30 times, Denmark+ Norway 10 times is definitely much more frequent trips to the same countries.

Well, at least you said you are open to visiting certain Asian countries such as Taiwan, Singapore, Hong Kong part of China, Japan, South Korea, etc., even if they are not high on your list right now.

I appreciate, like, and respect Europe and Asia probably in an equal amount.

Old 07-15-2013, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMI View Post
I'm guessing that's your countries you'd like to visit but not live list

My countries visit and live in list is...

Canada*
USA*
UK*
Norway
Switzerland*
France*
New Zealand
Australia

*= have visited or lived in

Only visit...

Argentina
Chile
Uruguay
Mexico*
Spain*
Italy
Croatia
Sweden
Germany*
Austria*
This is an interesting list. Why is Austria only for visiting while Switzerland is for living in? What about for Norway vs. Sweden?

People like to know the noticeable differences between Austria vs. Switzerland, and Norway vs. Sweden. I actually prefer Austria much more compared to Switzerland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World