Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 02:32 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,603,876 times

Advertisements

Don't forget the Little Creeper of Iran, AMadDinnerJacket....he may not have proved to be YET, but fear he will become one on the order of Hitler/Stalin in our near future, etc...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2007, 05:15 PM

77,888 posts, read 60,031,380 times
Wow, I don't have much love for Bush but you have to lack any sense of history to even begin to put him in that bunch. (You could even make cases that he wasn't the worst US president although I think he will go down in history towards the far bottom.) Then again, if you put Bush on this list.....history doesn't matter....your the deciderer. ;-)

I'll pick Stalin for the lasting damage he did to his own country and the likelihood that he may have actually killed more people in the USSR than Hitler did.

Old 10-02-2007, 04:52 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,220,506 times
Stalin and Mao

You can't really compare Hitler to Bush. Hitler was a dynamic public speaker.

Old 10-03-2007, 11:29 PM

201 posts, read 1,280,218 times
Putting Bush on this list is ignorant and just wrong.
I am a democrat and I will be the first to tell you he sucks.
But comparing him to people like Hitler or Pol Pot is offensive to even me and I don't like the guy.
You shouldn't disrespect our current president that way. if he truly was the worst world leader ever we wouldn't be allowed to use the internet, own homes, and we would all be getting slaughtered in tortuous ways right now.

All the poor innocent people who died at the hands of horrible dictators are rolling in there graves right now with your disgusting comments.

Old 10-04-2007, 09:13 PM

59 posts, read 340,196 times
I know the unwritten criteria for "Worst Leader" in this thread is the number of deaths, but "Worst Leader" is such an interesting premise that it's irresistible to not consider other criteria.

In the category of "Worst Leader... due to failing to actually lead", I propose: Pope John XII, who managed to turn the Vatican into a layout for Hustler magazine. He was killed by a jealous husband while in flagrante delicto with the man's wife. Probably not exactly what Jesus had in mind when he called upon St. Peter to be the rock upon which his church is built.

Another one is King Edward II of England, who had pretty much nobody's respect and was also eventually murdered in an especially nasty manner.

A modern-day winner is certainly Robert Mugabe, who decided to dispense with his country's entire economy in favor of avenging his people against previous colonial rule. He's not the first leader to do this, but he's amongst the first to screw it up in a colossal manner. His responsibility is to the continued growth and prosperity of the people and nation of Zimbabwe, but last I read inflation is 6,600%, US$1 is traded for Z$460,000 on the black market (official rate is US$1:Z$30,000), and an estimated 3M people have fled the country.

The "Worst Leaders working to suck as part of a team" prize goes to the military junta running Myanmar into the ground. Go team!

A previously mentioned "Worst Leader" who manages to make this category is Pol Pot. Kill all the smart people? Check! Separate the families? Check! Work a large portion of your country's population to death forcing them to be farmers? Check! Ticket to hell confirmed.

Hitler, Stalin, Mao, the Kim family-- killers all, but at least they were effective at mobilizing their nations.

Well, the Kims, maybe not so much.

Old 10-05-2007, 04:15 PM

11 posts, read 29,623 times
Stalin, Hitler, Pol Pot (in that order).

Bush is an idiot. He's just a puppet to the real sinister people below him. Neo-cons like Carl Rove and Dick Cheney. Previous American presidents have been much worse than him. Nixon I think because he approved a fair whack of foreign policies that ****ed up Latin America. It was the CIA under his approval that put Pinochet in power during a coup. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Old 10-06-2007, 12:09 AM

59 posts, read 340,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanFranCrisko View Post
Nixon I think because he approved a fair whack of foreign policies that ****ed up Latin America. It was the CIA under his approval that put Pinochet in power during a coup. Correct me if I'm wrong.
The CIA released a report in 2000 after an internal investigation that concluded that, although the Nixon administration was happy that Pinochet took power (or more accurately, happy that Allende was kicked out), they (the CIA) had nothing to do with it.

Now, whether you believe that or not... well, YMMV.

After all, the CIA is classified as a terrorist organization... in Iran.

Old 10-08-2007, 01:40 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,246,935 times
Modern times - Hitler and Stalin.

Ken

Old 10-08-2007, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StPete2Charlotte View Post
Putting Bush on this list is ignorant and just wrong.
I am a democrat and I will be the first to tell you he sucks.
But comparing him to people like Hitler or Pol Pot is offensive to even me and I don't like the guy.
You shouldn't disrespect our current president that way. if he truly was the worst world leader ever we wouldn't be allowed to use the internet, own homes, and we would all be getting slaughtered in tortuous ways right now.

All the poor innocent people who died at the hands of horrible dictators are rolling in there graves right now with your disgusting comments.
I agree. I'm no fan of Junior, but he's not even close to making the list.

Ken

Old 10-08-2007, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
Don't forget the Little Creeper of Iran, AMadDinnerJacket....he may not have proved to be YET, but fear he will become one on the order of Hitler/Stalin in our near future, etc...
Naw, another petty tyrant. The world's full of them and they can certainly cause a good deal of localized trouble, but to REALLY wreck havoc with the world you've got to be ruling a major power. Iran is a regional power but will never be more than that - even if they do manage to get the bomb (which I doubt will be allowed to happen).

Case in point - Pakistan already has the bomb. Did that make it a world power? Hardly.

Ken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World