Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 01:21 PM

837 posts, read 1,289,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserkr View Post
I am hoping to hit the lottery tonight and want to start looking for a more freedom loving country than the U.S. I want somewhere I can live with my family and just be left alone by all people if I so desire. Somewhere where guns are not frowned upon but are a natural thing,low taxes,very little government intrusion in life,homeschooling legal. Has to be Europe or Australia or South America. Primary language has to be English as well. So any suggestions?
I think privacy is what you're looking for. If that's the case, Switzerland would the best for you. There isn't any other country that cherishes privacy as much as Switzerland. Besides, it's generally considered a tax haven.

However, don't be surprised if you decide to change the disposition of your living room furniture and some neighbour calls the police over suspicious noises.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2012, 05:56 PM

3,326 posts, read 8,881,248 times
It's really odd that some people equate libertarianism with lawlessness and inequality, when in fact the opposite is true.
Wanting the government to be small and leave it's citizens largely alone doesn't mean a free-for-all of murder and theft or no taxation while the infrastructure crumbles.
I mean, seriously? You people really believe that?
An inefficient and clueless government "helping" it's poor citizens by taxing everyone into oblivion to the point that nearly everyone ends up being on the government dole is somehow a good thing?
What difference should it make to anyone if somebody wants to home school their kid? Good grief.
In response to somebody's broadband statement, every broadband connection I've had has been through private companies, not the government. Also, the postal service is something of a joke in this day of e-mail, FedEx, UPS, etc., etc., etc..... the USPS is little more than a black hole for tax dollars.

Old 04-17-2012, 06:32 PM

2,802 posts, read 6,442,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
I didn't tell two Irish girls that, I told an American gun nut that.
Do you have friends in real life?

Old 04-17-2012, 06:53 PM

468 posts, read 789,249 times
"Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose" -
Me and Bobby McGee by Kris Kristofferson (he wrote it, although Janis Joplin had a posthumous hit with it).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World