Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2014, 09:56 AM

4,491 posts, read 6,371,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post

Clearly you're not speaking american loud enough

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NXwYxYyKUQ

"So, I was talking to those Americans during my last trip to the US. Even though they clearly understood my Serbian, they just didn't react. Arrogant pricks..."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2014, 11:48 AM

30,989 posts, read 19,582,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miserere View Post
The USA is a little tad bigger, don't you think? 40 millions vs. 300 millions.
People that vote about rudeness deserve to be treated like d...bf..ks.

My wife and I had nothing but bad times when we were in Europe including money stolen and the cops just laughed about it. We only had good times with other Americans.

Then, why in the name of our Lord do you travel abroad to meet those rude and impious people that don't watch Fox News and World Report?.
I don't travel abroad to meet rude/arrogant pricks but that is what one encounters when you go to Europe...hence, 75% of the world votes for european countries as the rudest. I will continue to travel in Asia & South America, I just won't go back to Europe.

What in the world does Fox News and whatever is World Report have to do with anything on this?

The responses from the Europeans on here is just more rude arrogance....you own that.

Old 09-30-2014, 11:55 AM

14,773 posts, read 21,589,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
What in the world does Fox News and whatever is World Report have to do with anything on this?
I wonder the same thing
very random, i wonder if these people ever even watch fox news. its a news station, not a travel channel.

Old 09-30-2014, 12:10 PM

3,674 posts, read 10,635,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Whether or not an action is seen as rude is subjective, because the judgement occurs in the mind.
Lets talk about smiling. E.g. in Moscow it is seen as rude to smile at someone for no reason, where as in the West, the same action is seen as a polite gesture. Americans smile because that's their idea of service - in hotels, restaurants, banks etc. Its also not that they are frendlier by nature - maybe even otherwise, but becasue it is a commonly accepted way of communication.
People in some other countries are simply more reserved and you're not going to be their immediate best friend just because you happened to come to their country, nor they think they need to jump when you walk into their store.
Are French people really so rude or maybe this French bashing is a hangover from when Bush started the drums beating for his phony war in Iraq and France wouldn't go along with it?
From my observation it always appears that Americans were expecting things to work exactly the same in France ( or other countries) as they do in the US. They have done absolutely no research into customs, social mores, the vastly interesting array of food available, or anything else, except the THINGS and PLACES they want to see.
So, if something happen not to their expectation and desire, they call it rude and not accommodating.

Yes, it is subjective. However in this case it is the whole world reporting what they feel is rude, not only Americans. In fact, most of the people surveyed were Europeans who would be the most familiar with the customs of the countries they voted most rude.

Old 09-30-2014, 12:32 PM

2,802 posts, read 6,452,929 times
Quote:
Europeans garnered over 75% of the vote for most rude and that totally comports with my experience. Would never go back or recommend anyone else to go anywhere in Europe.
You favorite show is Ancient Aliens. That automatically discredits any opinion coming from you.

Old 09-30-2014, 05:20 PM

1,795 posts, read 3,182,290 times
Americans, especially people from the U.S. Rude and ill mannered.

Old 09-30-2014, 06:01 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,698,117 times
Quote:

The responses from the Europeans on here is just more rude arrogance....you own that.
Not really - you're just stupid, or a troll - or possibly both. It's not nice when people point it out, as it kind of nullifies your opinion on any subject matter and threatens your ego, but alas, it is true.

Now, do us all a favour and go back into the hole you crawled out of.

Old 09-30-2014, 06:25 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,187,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NXwYxYyKUQ

"So, I was talking to those Americans during my last trip to the US. Even though they clearly understood my Serbian, they just didn't react. Arrogant pricks..."
haha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
I wonder the same thing
very random, i wonder if these people ever even watch fox news. its a news station, not a travel channel.
...and another funny post

Old 10-01-2014, 07:23 AM

1,470 posts, read 2,089,383 times
I find that people that travel all around Europe collecting pieces of toilet paper, pictures of restrooms or just comparing anything with what they have in the US should stay home.

More than staying in the US, they should stay in the parochial setting in which they inhabit. I bet those people also accuse many American cities of being rude. I bet they say the same thing about NY, etc.

People that pay heed to idiotic statistics compiled by people like them should stay at their homes.

Last edited by Miserere; 10-01-2014 at 07:48 AM..

Old 10-01-2014, 07:31 AM

1,470 posts, read 2,089,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerwhale View Post
America..

Some people are rude and will argue off a cow. They have no fear of saying what they think, they also love to stare.

That's true...they walk as if they were in a museum or something.
They stare and smile...very rude since people think they are smiling at them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World