Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 07:40 AM

1,470 posts, read 2,078,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
I wonder the same thing
very random, i wonder if these people ever even watch fox news. its a news station, not a travel channel.

Sure, I watch Fox News and I also have Fox Crime and a few more, they might have a travel channel.
I was referring to the fact that in some of those Fox debates, I don't recall their names, some commentators say that people in Europe have no god, that all are a bunch of f.a.gg.ots and communists, that gay marriage is a crime against humanity, that people eat crap like snails...that Europeans hate "amoreikans" and christians, that Jews are persecuted, that....
I mean, a lot of ignorant crap.
So much filth that reminds all the stupid things that leftist parties used to say about the US during the cold war.
What I mean is that if a person only watch such a media, he'll end up nuts.
I sympathise basically with Tea Partiers, but I hate it when they say such moronic things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2014, 07:54 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,871,739 times
I agree with you , Miserere. And before criticizing the others, they should watch their own backyard : the first states allowing Gay marriage (hell, the very idea of "gay marriage" and "gender studies" generated in the "oh so conservative US"...in the seventies) were US states !

Old 10-01-2014, 09:13 AM

1,600 posts, read 1,888,482 times
I love how when France is concerned then if x people have experienced some rudeness (obviously we just trust the internet) then "stereotypes are proven true", if someone says "I have seen x loud,noise and obnoxious American tourists", then "it's just a stereotype, you can't generalise a whole country".

Old 10-01-2014, 11:09 AM

61 posts, read 68,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miserere View Post
Sure, I watch Fox News and I also have Fox Crime and a few more, they might have a travel channel.
I was referring to the fact that in some of those Fox debates, I don't recall their names, some commentators say that people in Europe have no god, that all are a bunch of f.a.gg.ots and communists, that gay marriage is a crime against humanity, that people eat crap like snails...that Europeans hate "amoreikans" and christians, that Jews are persecuted, that....
So much filth that reminds all the stupid things that leftist parties used to say about the US during the cold war.
I sympathise basically with Tea Partiers, but I hate it when they say such moronic things.
I agree. I also feel closer to conservatives or libertarians than liberals or progressiste in US, but Fox News is really incredible. Once they talked about the renewal of soccer in the US nowadays and then made a small history of the game in the country. The journalist said : "in the seventies and the eighties, the New York Cosmos used to be the best football club in the world". The Cosmos was only a retirement house for former great players (or young players who where too bad to achieve a career in Europe) and so was I astonished by such an arrogant assumption.
I love America, and I like americans (for many reasons) but sometimes I feel surprised to see that some Americans really think that there are number one in everything. They can't even consider that something may exist outside, and even be superior, sometimes. At least Fow News does, I don't know how much people believe that stuff.

Old 10-01-2014, 11:33 AM

14,773 posts, read 21,494,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miserere View Post
I watch Fox and i almost never hear stuff like that, its honestly just a normal news station like CNN.

You must be talking about the Focus Group where they bring in random people and let them debate stuff, of all the ones i watched none of them even mention anything about Europe.

And how am i going to end up nuts? i seem to be doing fine now...

Old 10-01-2014, 12:25 PM

228 posts, read 367,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xander.XVII View Post
I love how when France is concerned then if x people have experienced some rudeness (obviously we just trust the internet) then "stereotypes are proven true", if someone says "I have seen x loud,noise and obnoxious American tourists", then "it's just a stereotype, you can't generalise a whole country".
Well you're posting in an English-speaking site, obviously all the negative stereotypes about every country on earth are true apart from the ones that concern Anglo-Saxon countries

Old 10-01-2014, 12:47 PM

24,514 posts, read 10,846,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
I find it really rude and frustrating when I travel to other countries and slowly (but loudly) speak American for their benefit, that they still pretend to not understand me.
You are lacking cowboy hat, boots and accent.

Old 10-01-2014, 03:58 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,548,466 times
Quote:
I watch Fox and i almost never hear stuff like that, its honestly just a normal news station like CNN.

You must be talking about the Focus Group where they bring in random people and let them debate stuff, of all the ones i watched none of them even mention anything about Europe.

Fox would not be allowed to be classified as a news station in many countries. They are simply a propaganda tool for the right wing. Their news accuracy is abysmal.

CNN is really hit and miss. For such a large organization they really should do better. They remind me of the UK's Sky News.

BBC and to an extent CBC give a more balanced news program, with the caveat, that all news programs are run by humans, who fail sometimes. BBC and CBC don't seem to have as much of an agenda.

People should be very skeptical of all news and should at least try and dig deeper in any story that interests them.

It was almost what I'd call a soft fascism response that American news agencies had at the beginning of the Iraq war. All towing the government line about the war. It took quite a while before real questions started being asked and the truth came out.

Old 10-01-2014, 05:10 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,111,231 times
Quote:

I can't say I watch Fox, but the times I have seen it ~ I haven't seen anything like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World