Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 04:01 PM

391 posts, read 753,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
how is Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Argentina any different in its non-native dominant population.
Well...they're smaller and have less ethnic groups and therefore they have evolved into a native population by now.

New Zealand has their brown people as their natives. Australia has aborigines and British descendants as their natives. Canada has their White europeans as their natives (there were none before them...and since they're such a tiny group of people, they have now grown into a native population)...

Argentina I have no idea about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2014, 04:01 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,570,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post

Don't listen to Mac if a White British person sees an Indian and hears the person talk and watches their mannerisms then the person will decide if the "Indian" is a recent immigrant so the "Indian" will be seen as Indian but if the "indian" has a Brummie accent/RP accent, London accent etc then the Indian will be seen as British. Simple.
In this instance, they would only be referred to as Indian if someone is trying to point them out in an otherwise homogenous crowd.

Old 02-02-2014, 04:03 PM

20,633 posts, read 23,867,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
5 out of 6 of UK residents are in England, so England must be typical.
But then England is full of immigrants. It is not a very good strata to pick out of now is it?

Old 02-02-2014, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac15 View Post
But then England is full of immigrants. It is not a very good strata to pick out of now is it?
You're not making sense. England comprises the vast majority of the UK's population, and since England has a lot of immigrants relative to the rest of the UK, our views and opinions will be slightly different, but still typical of the UK, since England is the majority of the UK, and England's population share of the UK will only increase, since our population is increasing at a much faster rate (Scotland's has barely moved).

Old 02-02-2014, 04:08 PM

Well yes I am because the original population has been altered by a vast migration that has only taken place very recently. Go back 50 years and you will see a totally different England.

And again your population is only increasing due to immigration.

Old 02-02-2014, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Well yes I am because the original population has been altered by a vast migration that has only taken place very recently. Go back 50 years and you will see a totally different England.

What I, and nei, and P London are saying, still stands. What you're posting is irrelevant and changes nothing.

Old 02-02-2014, 04:14 PM

No, that isn't true. I accept your opinion for what it is, but I don't agree with it. There is a difference.

Old 02-02-2014, 04:15 PM

Good for you

Old 02-02-2014, 04:18 PM

9,962 posts, read 12,375,954 times
Quote:
But then you live in multicultural London where natives are the minority. You have to respect that those of us in ordinary UK outside of London will have different views to you. I don't think you can comprehend that
London isn't the only multicultural city in England.

Quote:
Well its the same as Wales and Scotland but not England.

But everyone knows and expects that. England is not a true depiction of what the UK is really like.
Minority groups live in Scotland and Wales, too. Of course the majority live in England but that doesn't change the fact that a second generation born Pakistani for example are British.

Quote:
England comprises a large portion of the UK and England isn't full of immigrants.

Quote:

Old 02-02-2014, 04:23 PM

PLondon just please stop it and accept that I am a white person from NI with little to no experience with immigrants, I honestly don't care because it doesn't affect me. I feel fine with immigrants as people, I don't judge them as I could be one in the future, I just feel we have too many and I don't like the way society is going. I don't wish to debate this any further because it never goes anywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World