Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-22-2012, 01:04 AM
 
1,267 posts, read 1,248,491 times
Reputation: 1423

Advertisements

Extremely flawed, just about everyone I know here in London uses Spotify. And how many acts from Oslo can we all name? Apart from A-ha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-22-2012, 01:43 AM
 
16,708 posts, read 29,546,721 times
Reputation: 7676
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbobcat View Post
Extremely flawed, just about everyone I know here in London uses Spotify. And how many acts from Oslo can we all name? Apart from A-ha

No.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...CqQT_blog.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-22-2012, 06:23 AM
 
Location: West Coast of Europe
25,947 posts, read 24,759,378 times
Reputation: 9728
It's hard for me to understand what exactly those diagrams and data say. Maybe it simply says who listens to new stuff first. But that doesn't mean that those who listen to it with a certain delay listen to it because someone else has listened to it earlier at another location.
It could also mean that there are more people listening to music online in the more "influential" cities.
Living in Europe myself I am pretty sure Oslo has no influence whatsoever on what I am listening to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-22-2012, 07:02 AM
 
Location: Purgatory
2,615 posts, read 5,402,923 times
Reputation: 3099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
It's hard for me to understand what exactly those diagrams and data say. Maybe it simply says who listens to new stuff first. But that doesn't mean that those who listen to it with a certain delay listen to it because someone else has listened to it earlier at another location.
It could also mean that there are more people listening to music online in the more "influential" cities.
Living in Europe myself I am pretty sure Oslo has no influence whatsoever on what I am listening to.
That's what I thought too - simply more people listening to a wider array of music online. Let's face it, if you live in London or NY, you have a huge variety of live music options on your doorstep, a bit more than you would in Oslo or Atlanta (no offence to those cities). You also have much more in the way of local radio to listen to in a large city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-22-2012, 08:12 AM
 
Location: La Cañada
459 posts, read 724,241 times
Reputation: 244
Ha! Atlanta? Maybe in rap (if at all!)...

Think of the contributions of all cities in music. Lots of good bands come from LA, just because that's where they make it big. A lot of record labels are in LA or NYC.

I'm just not seeing Atlanta. Sorry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-22-2012, 09:55 AM
 
1,267 posts, read 1,248,491 times
Reputation: 1423
No, what? Just saying "no" and posting that link is not a way to fight your case. There is no way on earth that those cities are even close to NYC or London when it comes to music. And I don't know a single person that uses last fm!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-22-2012, 09:17 PM
 
16,708 posts, read 29,546,721 times
Reputation: 7676
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbobcat View Post
No, what? Just saying "no" and posting that link is not a way to fight your case. There is no way on earth that those cities are even close to NYC or London when it comes to music. And I don't know a single person that uses last fm!
Not making a case, Brother Cat. Just postin' info...

Cheers and Enjoy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2012, 10:06 PM
 
16,708 posts, read 29,546,721 times
Reputation: 7676
//www.city-data.com/forum/23998462-post47.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2012, 12:40 AM
 
16,708 posts, read 29,546,721 times
Reputation: 7676
//www.city-data.com/forum/23999408-post48.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2012, 12:40 AM
 
Location: England
3,261 posts, read 3,707,148 times
Reputation: 3256
When I look at the top twenty all I see are British & US bands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top