Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which country?
Australia 4 2.00%
Belgium 2 1.00%
Canada 42 21.00%
Denmark 3 1.50%
France 13 6.50%
Germany 10 5.00%
The Netherlands 36 18.00%
New Zealand 5 2.50%
Sweden 16 8.00%
Switzerland 5 2.50%
United Kingdom 13 6.50%
United States 51 25.50%
Voters: 200. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 07:30 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,857,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
in that case , id recomend cumbria which is just south of scotland in the very north of england , amazing scenery and terrific down to earth country folk , the lake district is one of my favourite places on earth
I used to live in Sheffield. If that is any indication, no thanks
I don't think I will ever set foot on the British Isles again, the few nice places (e.g. Bournemouth) I can't afford to live in anyway. And just going somewhere as a tourist is not my way. I'll head further south instead
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2012, 08:25 AM

361 posts, read 840,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
There is no discrimination against Blacks in the Netherlands! There is in the USA!

Arabs/North Africans are disliked by many but all for good reasons.
I lived here all my life, over 70% of the prisoners in the Netherlands is Arab/North African, I have seen in with my own eyes!
Friends of mine got gangraped/stabbed/robbed by Moroccans.
We don't have any problems with any race as long as they live by the Dutch rules and not some book that says gays, women and non-muslims have no rights.
Most Arab/North African are not radical muslims ... you said generalisations ?
Thats what I meant by saying the NL was not tolerant regarding races.
Here in Canada, they are more Arabs/Middle-easterner than in Netherlands and they are mostly integrated and accepted.

Old 05-01-2012, 08:45 AM

10,679 posts, read 16,128,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmanu View Post
Here in Canada, they are more Arabs/Middle-easterner than in Netherlands and they are mostly integrated and accepted.
We are tolerant regarding races only not with the North African/Arabs who think they can do whatever they want, we accepted them to long and did nothing, enough is enough!

How can you even compare Canada's situation with the Muslim invasion of Western Europe?

Old 05-01-2012, 08:56 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,857,607 times
Quote:
In Europe it has little to do with race. Actually, we like black or Asian people more than certain light-skinned Mediterranean ones from Muslim countries. It has more to do with the immigrants' willingness to adapt our culture. If we feel that willingness is missing and instead we are looked down upon in our own house, we reserve the right to dislike those people.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:18 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,313,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
In Europe it has little to do with race. Actually, we like black or Asian people more than certain light-skinned Mediterranean ones from Muslim countries. It has more to do with the immigrants' willingness to adapt our culture. If we feel that willingness is missing and instead we are looked down upon in our own house, we reserve the right to dislike those people.
As you should!

Old 05-01-2012, 10:46 AM

295 posts, read 1,160,202 times
Quote:
The percentage of Muslim population in the Netherlands is higher than in Canada

Old 05-01-2012, 11:08 AM

3,715 posts, read 5,289,097 times
Im shocked nobody said Iran

Old 05-01-2012, 11:17 AM

2,615 posts, read 5,423,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I actually think it's this country.

Honestly. Which other country has seen the integration and personal success of so many different people from so many different backgrounds and cultures and beliefs?
That's your opinion, but anyone reading these forums would think otherwise.

Old 05-01-2012, 11:53 AM

7,864 posts, read 10,365,837 times
Quote:
i suspect most of the arabs and people of middle east origin who moved to canada achieved some skills criteria , europe has tended to be a haven for people who are relativley unskilled and also more traditional and religous

Old 05-01-2012, 11:55 AM

7,864 posts, read 10,365,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post

agreed , when in rome
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World