U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 02:10 AM

6,396 posts, read 11,774,080 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brabham12 View Post
@ The present and the future
Why do you always rank and compare places where you probably haven't been yet?
I can only speak for places I've already been to.
I already went to 10 of those locations. My next international trips will be to see a lot of those other locations on the list.

People can still have accurate, specific, and thoughtful opinions about other places they did not visit yet based on reading about those places, seeing pictures of those places, other people’s opinions that they noticed, and if someone has good perception and intuition for how they observe.

Someone can still speak for locations they have not been to plenty of times.

Also, this thread topic is more about preferences for the areas of the world they want to visit the most, regardless if they already went to that location before or not. It is important for people to know very well all the places they want to visit before they go there, selecting and prioritizing with that.

Don’t discourage other posters discussing about various topics.

Someone can still be worldly and wise about the world, even if they didn’t travel as much as some other people yet.

Also, I traveled in 8 countries so far, which is still a lot compared to plenty of Americans and people my age(21). In the next 3 years, I plan to visit 5 to 6 new countries.

What I said for the Top 25 destinations in the world and the lists for them was much better at discussing about that topic than this website link: Best Destinations in the World - Travelers' Choice Awards - TripAdvisor. It is surprising that is all you were able to say related to my post over there with false accusations. That is just 1 post out of 3,111 of my posts, so don’t attempt to overly generalize someone’s posts that you don’t even know.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2012, 02:53 AM

2,094 posts, read 2,060,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepastpresentandfuture View Post
I already went to 10 of those locations. My next international trips will be to see a lot of those other locations on the list.

People can still have accurate, specific, and thoughtful opinions about other places they did not visit yet based on reading about those places, seeing pictures of those places, other people’s opinions that they noticed, and if someone has good perception and intuition for how they observe.

Also, this thread topic is more about preferences for the areas of the world they want to visit the most, regardless if they already went to that location before or not. It is important for people to know very well all the places they want to visit before they go there, selecting and prioritizing with that.

Don’t discourage other posters discussing about various topics.

Someone can still be worldly and wise about the world, even if they didn’t travel as much as some other people yet.

Also, I traveled in 8 countries so far, which is still a lot compared to plenty of Americans and people my age(21). In the next 3 years, I plan to visit 5 to 6 new countries.

What I said for the Top 25 destinations in the world and the lists for them was much better at discussing about that topic than this website link: Best Destinations in the World - Travelers' Choice Awards - TripAdvisor. It is surprising that is all you were able to say related to my post over there with false accusations. That is just 1 post out of 3,111 of my posts, so don’t attempt to overly generalize someone’s posts that you don’t even know.
I agree with you The PastPresent; and you have a great list. One doesn't have to have been to each place to judge them with the world as it is today. I've been to 20 different counties, but my likes and dislikes vary from many people, and I can pick and choose my list even if I have not visited some place.

Old 10-01-2012, 02:12 PM

5 posts, read 17,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepastpresentandfuture View Post

I agree. Also, if you only visited somewhere very briefly you may have less of a sense of a place than somewhere that you've never been, but have read a lot about.

Old 10-01-2012, 03:05 PM

94 posts, read 144,151 times
LA at #22! haha

Old 10-02-2012, 08:17 AM

16,482 posts, read 22,426,938 times
I didn't care for a lot of the US cities cited, I am not a city person. I did like a lot of the overseas places though.

Old 10-04-2012, 11:44 AM

1,662 posts, read 3,051,433 times
I haven't visited all those cities but for example Barcelona is not the best in Spain and Berlin not the best of Germany, also Chiang Mai is nothing special... well this ranking doesn't show the best ones but the most popular that it's a different thing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World