Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 12:15 AM

6,658 posts, read 4,744,712 times

Advertisements

England vs Australia in:

1. Frendliness
2. Safety
3. Cultural contribution
4. Politics
5. Economy
6. Women
7. Environment
8. Scenery
9. Weather
10. Location
11. Sports
12. Cuisine
13. Transportation
14. Infrastructure
15. Healthcare
16. Education
17. Affordability
18. Pop culture
19. History
20. Architecture

*Please explain your answer. You don't have to write a term paper about it but explain with answers that makes sense. No nonsense, please.*

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2012, 12:47 AM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 4 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,913,974 times
I created a Canada vs. Australia thread 5 months ago. This sort of reminds me of that thread.

I think you are going to get a lot of responses soon! However, I imagine the posts in this thread will turn out significantly and quite different from the Canada vs. Australia thread.

Old 05-17-2012, 01:54 AM

5,058 posts, read 7,496,471 times
Ok I will bite, im an Aussie born and bred, but are half english, Ive lived in Both countries

1. Frendliness - Tie, you get good a bad people in both countries
2. Safety - Australia, I have never being a crime victim in Australia, something i cannot say for england.
3. Cultural contribution - England
4. Politics - England - The current Australian government has to be the worst we have ever had!
5. Economy - Right now Australia
6. Women - Australia, Ive got a thing for east Asians
7. Environment - No idea
8. Scenery - England its very pretty, Australia has lots more variety but you have to put up with hours and hours of boredom to get to the good parts.
9. Weather - Australia, I like it hot and sunny.
10. Location - Tie- Im sure everyone will disagree with me, but the part of the world i love and want to travel to the most is South East Asia.
11. Sports - Tie, we both play the same sports.
12. Cuisine - Australia, Many people will disagree, but I live on seafood, Japanesse,Vietnamesse,Thai and Korean, for which i feel Australia is better.
13. Transportation - Engalnd
14. Infrastructure -England
15. Healthcare - No idea, Ive not being to a doctor for nearly a decade
16. Education - England
17. Affordability -England by a long way, Australia is very expensive right now
18. Pop culture - England
19. History - Engalnd by a million miles
20. Architecture - England

*Please explain your answer. You don't have to write a term paper about it but explain with answers that makes sense. No nonsense, please.*

Last edited by danielsa1775; 05-17-2012 at 02:24 AM..

Old 05-17-2012, 03:09 AM

4,432 posts, read 6,981,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
England vs Australia in:

1. Frendliness
2. Safety
3. Cultural contribution
4. Politics
5. Economy
6. Women
7. Environment
8. Scenery
9. Weather
10. Location
11. Sports
12. Cuisine
13. Transportation
14. Infrastructure
15. Healthcare
16. Education
17. Affordability
18. Pop culture
19. History
20. Architecture

1. Frendliness : Tie
2. Safety : Tie
3. Cultural contribution: England
4. Politics : Tie
5. Economy : Australia
6. Women : Tie
7. Environment :Tie
8. Scenery: Tie
9. Weather : Australia
10. Location : Australia
11. Sports : Australia
12. Cuisine : England
13. Transportation : England
14. Infrastructure : Tie
15. Healthcare : Tie
16. Education : England
17. Affordability : England
18. Pop culture : England
19. History: England
20. Architecture : England

Old 05-17-2012, 03:24 AM

692 posts, read 1,355,090 times
Given that Australia is massive and covers an area the size of a large proportion of Europe, wouldn't it have been fairer to use Europe rather than one state from the United Kingdom. England not even being a nation state.

Even if you had use the island of Great Britain, the great being because it is is the greater (larger) island of the British Isles (a geographic term) which cover Great Britain, Ireland and over 6,000 smaller islands.

Great Britain itself isn't even a large country, but just using England is rather one sided. Europe would have been a better choice in terms of area.

British Isles - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Great Britain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-17-2012, 04:55 AM

7,855 posts, read 10,285,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulhall View Post
Given that Australia is massive and covers an area the size of a large proportion of Europe, wouldn't it have been fairer to use Europe rather than one state from the United Kingdom. England not even being a nation state.

Even if you had use the island of Great Britain, the great being because it is is the greater (larger) island of the British Isles (a geographic term) which cover Great Britain, Ireland and over 6,000 smaller islands.

Great Britain itself isn't even a large country, but just using England is rather one sided. Europe would have been a better choice in terms of area.

British Isles - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Great Britain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

england is a millenia and a half old global power with a wealth of history and influence

australia is barely out of nappys , england having reared it

slightly pointless comparison in most areas bar weather , sport , economy

Old 05-17-2012, 07:40 AM

10,640 posts, read 16,021,486 times
England:
Cultural contribution
Politics
Cuisine
Transportation
Infrastructure
Affordability
Pop culture
History
Architecture

Australia:
Safety
Friendliness
Scenery
Weather

Don't know:
Environment
Women
Economy
Healthcare
Education

Old 05-17-2012, 07:50 AM

26,875 posts, read 38,004,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
england is a millenia and a half old global power with a wealth of history and influence

australia is barely out of nappys , england having reared it

slightly pointless comparison in most areas bar weather , sport , economy
I'd say that given this is a forum about potential places to live, any two places can be compared, regardless of whether they have a millennial history or not. Of course, that history influences a number of quality of life factors that can be important to some people. But it's only part of the picture when it comes to making somewhere a place that you would want to live in.

Old 05-17-2012, 07:53 AM

1,780 posts, read 4,024,861 times
Wow! I thought Australia would be much more affordable than England, but the answers indicate otherwise. Why is that the case ? At least, population density is so much lower in Australia.

Old 05-17-2012, 08:27 AM

7,855 posts, read 10,285,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asubram3 View Post
Wow! I thought Australia would be much more affordable than England, but the answers indicate otherwise. Why is that the case ? At least, population density is so much lower in Australia.

australia is booming

australia is a long way from everywhere so importing is more expensive

australia has a small population

england is not that cheap either , its far more expensive than america but then the usa is incredibly cheap considering how wealthy it is
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World