Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Which nation is at the top of the game?
Norway 20 12.66%
France 18 11.39%
Switzerland 16 10.13%
Denmark 12 7.59%
Sweden 22 13.92%
United Kingdom 9 5.70%
Germany 26 16.46%
Japan 46 29.11%
Canada 10 6.33%
United States 55 34.81%
South Korea 13 8.23%
Spain 2 1.27%
Brazil 1 0.63%
China 14 8.86%
Russia 2 1.27%
Italy 1 0.63%
Egypt 1 0.63%
Israel 4 2.53%
Australia 8 5.06%
New Zealand 4 2.53%
Greece 1 0.63%
Ireland 1 0.63%
Finland 8 5.06%
A developed nation not listed 11 6.96%
A developing nation not listed 3 1.90%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-09-2012, 01:37 PM
 
133 posts, read 219,725 times
Reputation: 199

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
I think The USA used to be the most developed country but not anymore. Just beacuse you are the most powerful country does not make you the most advanced. My parents when they come visit me can't belive how much The USA is behind in many areas involving just our every day living.

In Sweden for instance, almost everything is computerized. My parents dont remember last time they had to pay a bill any other way than electronicly, and they are in their late 60's. When I told my dad people still pay for stuff, grocerys, bills etc with checks or cash he oculdn't belive it. It was so strange to him.
Most of us had cellphones in the mid 90s as well as internet.
There are so many small little things that might be nothing to, you but to me thats plays a huge roll in how developed a country really is.
You are using the credit card, cellphone and internet to argue the USA is not advanced? All 3 of these World Changing innovations CAME FROM THE USA!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-09-2012, 01:52 PM
 
880 posts, read 2,024,475 times
Reputation: 637
start a war with the USA and come out smelling like a rose.Example Japan and Germany
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2012, 01:55 PM
 
Location: Bel Air, California
23,766 posts, read 29,041,688 times
Reputation: 37337
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevike View Post
You are using the credit card, cellphone and internet to argue the USA is not advanced? All 3 of these World Changing innovations CAME FROM THE USA!!!
Not to mention the Spishak Mach20

Mad TV - The Mach 20 - YouTube

(suck on that Mongolia)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2012, 05:13 PM
 
Location: Michigan
4,647 posts, read 8,596,557 times
Reputation: 3776
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
I think The USA used to be the most developed country but not anymore. Just beacuse you are the most powerful country does not make you the most advanced. My parents when they come visit me can't belive how much The USA is behind in many areas involving just our every day living.

In Sweden for instance, almost everything is computerized. My parents dont remember last time they had to pay a bill any other way than electronicly, and they are in their late 60's. When I told my dad people still pay for stuff, grocerys, bills etc with checks or cash he oculdn't belive it. It was so strange to him.
Most of us had cellphones in the mid 90s as well as internet.
There are so many small little things that might be nothing to, you but to me thats plays a huge roll in how developed a country really is.
Coming soon to a big box near you.


Future of Shopping 720p - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2012, 09:46 PM
 
Location: 53179
14,416 posts, read 22,477,117 times
Reputation: 14479
Ok, I'm sorry. How could I be so stupid. The USA is more advanced and more developed than any other nation in the world. How could I be so wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2012, 11:12 PM
 
Location: Michigan
4,647 posts, read 8,596,557 times
Reputation: 3776
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Ok, I'm sorry. How could I be so stupid. The USA is more advanced and more developed than any other nation in the world. How could I be so wrong.
Don't worry it happens to the best of us.

Last edited by animatedmartian; 07-09-2012 at 11:26 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2012, 02:34 AM
 
Location: CA
3,467 posts, read 8,142,090 times
Reputation: 4840
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
I think The USA used to be the most developed country but not anymore. Just beacuse you are the most powerful country does not make you the most advanced. My parents when they come visit me can't belive how much The USA is behind in many areas involving just our every day living.

In Sweden for instance, almost everything is computerized. My parents dont remember last time they had to pay a bill any other way than electronicly, and they are in their late 60's. When I told my dad people still pay for stuff, grocerys, bills etc with checks or cash he oculdn't belive it. It was so strange to him.
Most of us had cellphones in the mid 90s as well as internet.
There are so many small little things that might be nothing to, you but to me thats plays a huge roll in how developed a country really is.
While I voted for Norway and Sweden myself.... I still must say, who in the US pays with checks still? Who didn't have the internet in the mid 90s? I grew up lower middle class & I had that...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2012, 05:05 AM
 
Location: 53179
14,416 posts, read 22,477,117 times
Reputation: 14479
Like I said, I was wrong. No other country is better, more advanced than The USA.

And yes, people actually do pay with checks here. Its very common. Other than that, you are the most advanced and devepoped country in the world
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2012, 10:16 PM
 
Location: State of Transition
102,195 posts, read 107,823,938 times
Reputation: 116097
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
While I voted for Norway and Sweden myself.... I still must say, who in the US pays with checks still? Who didn't have the internet in the mid 90s? I grew up lower middle class & I had that...
I pay with checks all the time. I'm not a techie. I don't like to do things electronically. I appreciate having other options.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2012, 10:18 PM
 
Location: State of Transition
102,195 posts, read 107,823,938 times
Reputation: 116097
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
In Sweden for instance, almost everything is computerized. My parents dont remember last time they had to pay a bill any other way than electronicly, and they are in their late 60's. When I told my dad people still pay for stuff, grocerys, bills etc with checks or cash he oculdn't belive it. It was so strange to him.
Most of us had cellphones in the mid 90s as well as internet.
There are so many small little things that might be nothing to, you but to me thats plays a huge roll in how developed a country really is.
But what is Sweden doing in the area of science and technology? My vote is still with Switzerland.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:21 PM.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top