Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 09:39 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,319,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyKarast View Post
I do not know English almost - for this reason I can not talk about politics, views, and so on, otherwise it gets (translation) белеберда (chaos) would Not like to offend people on this forum, which I can understand differently
Well no one says it has to be about politics...

Hey what did you think of Team Russia winning Gold in the 2012 IIHF world Championships?

I was a little disapointed in Team Canada performance getting knocked out by Slovakia in the Quarter-finals but there is always next year..

To be honest I expected Team Canada to get a atleast a bronze medal but man Slovakia knocked us out and then Russian took them out..All in all a great series IMO..

But man Russia looked Good outh there and being 2 year from the 2014 winter olympic Games must be exciting for you guys I know it was awsome here in Vancouver in 2010 esp Sidney Crosby scoring the "Golden Goal"..

That is a memory that I will never forget and one of my proudest Canadian moments for me and my country that I will never forget..

I mean If I had the extra cash to fly out and attend the 2014 games in Sochi.. I would totally love to go out there and see Russia and watch some of the greatest hockey outside the Stanley Cup Playoffs being played by the best of the best players from around the world..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2012, 09:46 PM

3,102 posts, read 5,617,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Do you want to have a good laugh?
If you are talking about media (пропаганда) - then no, you can hardly hear anything about Soros. Americans usually don't hear about him.
Warren Buffet - yes. George Soros - no.
If you ask average Americans who Warren Buffet is, they know, but for the most part they don't have a clue who George Soros is.
It's like "George who?
Never heard of him."
The American financier, investor and philanthropist. A supporter of the theory of open society and an opponent of «market fundamentalism» It just believe the cause of the problems in the Bank of England. And his activity was subject to many countries of the world including Russia. Where it differently accepted. Frankly I'm surprised that it was in America unknown people

Old 05-26-2012, 09:48 PM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Quote:
The American financier, investor and philanthropist. A supporter of the theory of open society and an opponent of «market fundamentalism» It just believe the cause of the problems in the Bank of England. And his activity was subject to many countries of the world including Russia. Where it differently воспринемают. frankly I удевлен that it was in America unknown people
I know you'd be surprised, but time to talk about ice-hockey)))

Old 05-26-2012, 10:00 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
The American financier, investor and philanthropist. A supporter of the theory of open society and an opponent of «market fundamentalism» It just believe the cause of the problems in the Bank of England. And his activity was subject to many countries of the world including Russia. Where it differently accepted. Frankly I'm surprised that it was in America unknown people
I didn't know Yavlinsky was supported by Soros. Is this true? If it's true, it would be because Soros believed him to be a true democrat and a good economist.

Soros is Hungarian, by the way. Did you know that?

Old 05-26-2012, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
Well no one says it has to be about politics...

Hey what did you think of Team Russia winning Gold in the 2012 IIHF world Championships?

I was a little disapointed in Team Canada performance getting knocked out by Slovakia in the Quarter-finals but there is always next year..

To be honest I expected Team Canada to get a atleast a bronze medal but man Slovakia knocked us out and then Russian took them out..All in all a great series IMO..

But man Russia looked Good outh there and being 2 year from the 2014 winter olympic Games must be exciting for you guys I know it was awsome here in Vancouver in 2010 esp Sidney Crosby scoring the "Golden Goal"..

That is a memory that I will never forget and one of my proudest Canadian moments for me and my country that I will never forget..

I mean If I had the extra cash to fly out and attend the 2014 games in Sochi.. I would totally love to go out there and see Russia and watch some of the greatest hockey outside the Stanley Cup Playoffs being played by the best of the best players from around the world..
I think they are young and the main thing that tried to cultivate! I always evaluation of Canadians is very, very high, they always were just amazing.(I'm about Canadians) But also in Russia were and are their good players. Don't know why, but Canada is always in Russia were accepted as the warmer than America. Maybe the reason is a greater understanding of Canadians.
I also will try to come to the Olympics in Sochi (I have friends there childhood)I hope that you will also come to the Olympics. And find friends in Russia. If you find another (and it will be so. We have an outdoor people and not afraid of new acquaintances, friends, and if you want to talk with people that they will respond to you with warmth.И you can help they can. But in Sochi a lot of (non-Russian (Caucasians and not all of them good) they brazenly behave normally, but it's better just to ignore them. )

Old 05-26-2012, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I didn't know Yavlinsky was supported by Soros. Is this true? If it's true, it would be because Soros believed him to be a true democrat and a good economist.

Soros is Hungarian, by the way. Did you know that?
Yes I know it. His real name Schwartz on how much I remember. Yes that's true. But I don't like politics and no desire to do it. Although politicians in Russia have a very large rights and for them it is more business than politics. In the 90-s even sold places in the state. the Duma. (this is terrible and disgraceful)

Old 05-26-2012, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I didn't know Yavlinsky was supported by Soros. Is this true?
According to that old Yavlinsky's interview on PBS - yes.
But that didn't help the case.
And yes, I think that Yavlinsky is a very good economist ( as I've said he had a very sound plan for transitional period.)
However Yavlinsky is a very poor politician as far as I can see.
He has no chance in Russian politics and he is quite unpopular in Russia.

Old 05-26-2012, 10:13 PM

Quote:
I know you'd be surprised, but time to talk about ice-hockey)))
Yes it sure Is better than the politics! Sport just adore! But hockey played only in childhood. Although next to my house is worth the Ice Palace and there are often local hockey players spend their matches

Old 05-26-2012, 10:17 PM

Quote:
According to that old Yavlinsky's interview on PBS - yes.
But that didn't help the case.
And yes, I think that Yavlinsky is a very good economist ( as I've said he had a very sound plan for transitional period.)
However Yavlinsky is a very poor politician as far as I can see.
He has no chance in Russian politics and he is quite unpopular in Russia.
You are right! There was a time when about him ceased to know, but here again appeared(appeared on the stage and in front of people)

Old 05-26-2012, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Yes it sure Is better than the politics! Sport just adore! But hockey played only in childhood. Although next to my house is worth the Ice Palace and there are often local hockey players spend their matches
Ughh sorry... Have no interest in ice-hockey, football ( American or European,) baseball, basketball ( and pretty much any team sport out there.)
Horseback riding please, downhill skies ( and you can throw figure-skating in there too...)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World