Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 10:27 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,018,067 times

Advertisements

Funny how a thread started in 2007 was resurrected! I wonder if the original OP is even around (still)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2010, 02:29 PM

7,931 posts, read 15,820,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diegosmom View Post
Europe is very expensive right now. Studying abroad is great....what are your interests? Art, Music, Engineering, a particular language??? That would also help your study abroad decision. College students party anyway so don't worry about the nightlife.
I spent a lot of time in college trying to study a broad!

Old 09-21-2010, 06:43 AM

1 posts, read 1,461 times
Hello! I am also interested really much in studying abroad (Europe), but I am not really sure what country would be best. I am interested in a master program in economics, but I can't ask my parents to pay for it, as they don't have enough financial resources, so I am thinking to find a part time job and to pay my studies or I heard about countries where you don't have to pay for school. Is that available for masters also? What are the best countries? Thank you!

Old 09-21-2010, 08:43 AM

241 posts, read 742,704 times
I'm looking into the same thing. Most countries cost a fortune for international students (including EU). If you have no money, the US, UK, Canada, Australia, Japan, and maybe half of Europe are out of the question. Sweden was free until this year, now it costs quite a bit like the Netherlands or a cheaper UK university. Germany and France may be the cheapest (actually heard France is really cheap). Germany has more top ranked universities and I think their university system matches the US and Canada system better than France's. The problem with both is most courses will be offered in their home languages. Only a few are in English. English taught courses may have less natives of that country in them as well, meaning you could end up in a situation where you only know other international students and have to try much harder to meet locals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World