Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 06:50 PM

311 posts, read 604,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Here's another reason why people might not like the US:

It's a reason why I certainly don't like US christians.

Those are few fundamentalist Christians. There are 2.2+ billion Christians worldwide, and not all of them are the same. BTW what's your point showing that troll videoclip?

At least U.S. Christians don't have sharia laws, bomb mosques, kill or attack them violently like they do to Christians in Islamic countries. We have freedom of speech.

Don't let me get started and show videoclips of hos Christians are treated in Muslim countries, as well as in Jewish state of Israel!

Old 06-27-2012, 08:36 PM

459 posts, read 720,544 times
Quote:
Here's another reason why people might not like the US:
It's a reason why I certainly don't like US christians.
Your video proves what, I wonder? That a very small minority of Christians in the U.S. are radically opposed to Muslims because of the "violence" they cause and have decided to thus exercise their freedom of speech?

Nice try, chiel.

Quote:
That is NOT what you said.
We did not misunderstand you.
You were very clear.
BTW, the government also murdered students at Jackson State and Kent State, so don't go telling me about the "freedom" that we possessed.
I already explained that it was a generalization. I make 'em, you certainly do and so does everyone else. I have already apologized for completely because it sounded incongruent with my actual beliefs on the matter.

And the other statement is so out of the park that I'll let it sit. No need to bring irrelevant information in, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarley_1LOVE View Post
Notice how i dont post vidoes like the ones below and saying Europe is Racist or Xenophobic mainly because i'm not 12 and i have more respect
Why, thank you, Bob. I'm glad SOMEONE isn't 12.

Quote:
Originally Posted by In God We Trust View Post
[/b]

Those are few fundamentalist Christians. There are 2.2+ billion Christians worldwide, and not all of them are the same. BTW what's your point showing that troll videoclip?

At least U.S. Christians don't have sharia laws, bomb mosques, kill or attack them violently like they do to Christians in Islamic countries. We have freedom of speech.

Don't let me get started and show videoclips of hos Christians are treated in Muslim countries, as well as in Jewish state of Israel!
Quite correct, sir. Compared to what kind of intolerance occurs elsewhere, the U.S. events are mere childs's play. Not to mention we have the Constitutional right to express ourselves that way, should we need to.

Old 06-27-2012, 10:10 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,201,062 times
Quote:
Notice how i dont post vidoes like the ones below and saying Europe is Racist or Xenophobic mainly because i'm not 12 and i have more respect
Well, gee, Bob.
The thread is about the US.
Got a problem with following the topic of the thread?

Pot, Kettle, you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
Good point. There are nutjobs and intolerant people in every country.
But the US denies it's hatred and it being a factor in its culture.
They hate blacks, "muslins", education, the environment, the poor, the indigent, kids, women, etc.
It's really not a nice country.

Old 06-27-2012, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by In God We Trust View Post
[/b]

Couldn't make your point without bolding?
They're christians.
Period.

The no true Scotsman fallacy at work, I see.
Did this not just recently occur in the US?
Hmmm?
Christians = christians.

You started a thread about the US, I'm providing you with examples to answer your topic.
Don't like it much, do you?
These are real reasons not to like the US, aren't they.
Didn't you say we have religious tolerance?
I proved that we do not.

Old 06-27-2012, 10:16 PM

14,799 posts, read 21,401,039 times
Quote:
They hate blacks, "muslins", education, the environment, the poor, the indigent, kids, women, etc.
Wow i must be in a different USA

Old 06-27-2012, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCalifornianWriter View Post
Your video proves what, I wonder? That a very small minority of Christians in the U.S. are radically opposed to Muslims because of the "violence" they cause and have decided to thus exercise their freedom of speech?

Nice try, chiel.

The topic is why people don't like the US. I'm providing an example.
Don't like it do you? But you can't deny it happened.
It happens a lot in the US.

I already explained that it was a generalization. I make 'em, you certainly do and so does everyone else. I have already apologized for completely because it sounded incongruent with my actual beliefs on the matter.

You denied that you said it. That's not "generalizing".
You denied it several times even after being called out on it by several posters.

And the other statement is so out of the park that I'll let it sit. No need to bring irrelevant information in, right?

Prove me wrong; if you can.
The video shows yet another reason why some people don't want to live in the US.
Do you deny that this happened, happens? Do you deny the Phelps family?
They're all part of the US.

Why, thank you, Bob. I'm glad SOMEONE isn't 12.

Ah, resorting to personal attacks.

Quite correct, sir. Compared to what kind of intolerance occurs elsewhere, the U.S. events are mere childs's play. Not to mention we have the Constitutional right to express ourselves that way, should we need to.

[color=red]You compare the US with the worst of the worst to make it look good.
You're really justifying these actions based on it's not as bad as ...
You're condoning these actions? (boggle)
Yep, the US has the right to be hateful.
Apparently, they take it to heart.

Old 06-27-2012, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Wow i must be in a different USA
Nope, you apparently deny that this happens.
Perhaps denial is the 51st state and you live there?
I don't know.

Old 06-27-2012, 10:30 PM

14,799 posts, read 21,401,039 times
Quote:
Nope, you apparently deny that this happens.
Perhaps denial is the 51st state and you live there?
I don't know.
hey things happen everywhere, i'm well aware what happens in the world, but a couple crazy people you see on the news doesn't represent a whole country.

Old 06-27-2012, 10:33 PM

2,885 posts, read 5,223,218 times
Quote:
That's a huge generalisation. Let's not forget that a significant part of the US population are blacks, muslims, the poor, kids and women and I doubt they hate themselves. As I said, you can find racism, xenophobia, mysoginy and all other unpleasant characteristics that you accuse the US of having in any other country in the world. If you live in Europe then you also know that we have quite a few problems with integrating foreigners (esp. Muslims) into our societies. We could take a lesson from the US in that respect.

Old 06-27-2012, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
That's a huge generalisation. Let's not forget that a significant part of the US population are blacks, muslims, the poor, kids and women and I doubt they hate themselves. As I said, you can find racism, xenophobia, mysoginy and all other unpleasant characteristics that you accuse the US of having in any other country in the world. If you live in Europe then you also know that we have quite a few problems with integrating foreigners (esp. Muslims) into our societies. We could take a lesson from the US in that respect.
Okay, how about Matthew Shepard; recently a gay couple was beaten; we make laws against gays, women exercising reproductive rights, etc. There's serious "S you, I've got mine" culture that permeates the US.

Of course I can find these same things in almost every country. Well, not so much the laws against women and gays unless it's in one of the whackaloon middle-eastern countries, but the US religious are quite taliban-like.

What I see in the US is excuses, denial, "but we're better than Syria, Afghanistan" etc. To make a favorable comment, they compare the US with the worst of the worst. Sad statement, that.

My point is always to point out that the US is not this perfect beacon that many posters are making it out to be. We are not "the best" country in the world.
It's got its ugliness, too.
Unfortunately, most people in the US are in serious denial and seem to enjoy it there.

Is this not a thread about why people don't like or don't want to live in the US?

Personally, I think it's a pretty good country, but there are lots of pretty good countries out there.
Certainly, the hatred that is palpable in so many threads on CD, is not the US I want to live in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World