Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 06:27 PM

3,678 posts, read 7,216,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
This is Grand Beach just a couple hours north of Winnipeg. No not on a Ocean... this is beautiful Lake Winnipeg
this is for most people one place they wouldnt expect such fine white sandy beach's.... i hope to be getting up there soon, hopefully by the end of this summer?

(CBC.CA - Seven Wonders of Canada - Your Nominations - Grand Beach, Lake Winnipeg)

(Sandi's Real Estate Blog: Winnipeg and me...)
Lol we are so weird, we were boosting America for like a year now were boosting Canada.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2013, 06:45 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,879,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
Lol we are so weird, we were boosting America for like a year now were boosting Canada.
A lot of people think Canada is just mountains, prairies, tundra, lakes and forests but it is actually extraordinarily diverse..

Nova Scotia is another place with some nice white sandy beaches
nova scotia white beaches - Google Search

Wasaga beach is only a 1.5 hr drive from Toronto
nova scotia white beaches - Google Search

Would I use these to challenge the worlds best beaches in Canada's favour - No lol but they can be used to dispel stereotypes.

Old 09-04-2013, 04:06 PM

2 posts, read 5,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glucorious View Post
Well, you know. The grass is always greener on the other side...Anyway, I say:

Germany. Bigger, much better location and much closer to other exciting countries. Canada is too rural, small population, not much going on there. At least not as much as in Europe and Germany. Could come up with a couple of more things.

Dunno, I thought this has already been discussed..
Excuse me? But when is Germany bigger than Canada and rural isn't bad. All you got to do is just live in those urban areas of Canada.

Old 09-04-2013, 04:10 PM

151 posts, read 162,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JH_Assassin View Post
Excuse me? But when is Germany bigger than Canada and rural isn't bad. All you got to do is just live in those urban areas of Canada.
Seriously. That is the beauty of Canada, the amount of land and resources it has, yet the population in comparison is small.

I also find the urban areas of Canada to be more of my likening.

While German cities are beautiful and historical, there is a certain something missing from them but I think that is Germany in general.

Old 09-05-2013, 01:31 AM

1,007 posts, read 2,015,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jews for Jesus View Post
1. Metric system
2. National healthcare
3. Cheaper housing/rent
4. Bilingual in English/French
5. I love your Quebec and Ontario
6. Better infrastructure/highway system
7. Cleaner
8. Good Friday / Easter Monday / Boxing Day are holidays
9. Mandatory paid vacation/holidays!
10. Being part of the commonwealth
11. Safety
12. No first amendment
For #2 : Doesn't Germany have more efficient healthcare system? Not sure whether Germany's is privatized or not though...

For 6 and 7 : Better than Germany? How so? I thought Germany's infrastructure level to be ahead of many other countries, like being the Japan of Europe.

For #9 : Are you kidding me? Germany has at least six weeks of paid vacation/holidays, and that's longer than Canada's two weeks!

Old 09-05-2013, 01:43 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,428,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZpharmer View Post
For #2 : Doesn't Germany have more efficient healthcare system? Not sure whether Germany's is privatized or not though...

For 6 and 7 : Better than Germany? How so? I thought Germany's infrastructure level to be ahead of many other countries, like being the Japan of Europe.

For #9 : Are you kidding me? Germany has at least six weeks of paid vacation/holidays, and that's longer than Canada's two weeks!

Right on all counts OZ.

Old 09-05-2013, 11:12 AM

1,028 posts, read 1,881,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZpharmer View Post

That was compared to the UNITED STATES because someone asked me why I like Canada more than America.

Old 09-05-2013, 09:42 PM

26,882 posts, read 38,032,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jews for Jesus View Post
That was compared to the UNITED STATES because someone asked me why I like Canada more than America.
OK but there is no way Canada's highway system is better than that of the US.

Old 09-05-2013, 09:49 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,428,441 times
^^ lol Nope.

Old 10-30-2013, 04:57 PM

10 posts, read 15,880 times
After one year in Germany, I think I got enough of it. Not that it's bad, but, of course, it's not in the same league as Canada or US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World