Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 05:59 AM

327 posts, read 645,979 times

Advertisements

So I'll have three weeks off around the end of August and I can't decide if I want to go to Turkey(never been) or Indonesia, specifically the Gili Islands and Sulawesi. I've been to Indonesia and the Gili islands and I'm sure I'd be completely comfortable diving during the day and partying at night for 3 weeks but I want to know if 3 weeks is enough time to check out what Turkey has to offer.

What I want to know is, for those who have been to Turkey, is 3 weeks enough to check out coastal and central Turkey along with Istanbul and Antalya?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2012, 06:03 AM

2,975 posts, read 8,135,847 times
Hi there, if you have 3 weeks to explore Turkey I reckon that is enough to explore the coastal areas!

I would recommend Ölüdeniz, it´s a beautiful resort area with amazing beaches.

I have visited only once and traveled to Marmaris, Izmir and Foça. I would recommend all.

Old 06-27-2012, 06:29 AM

327 posts, read 645,979 times
I don't know how much time I'll spend around the coast since I know it'll be full of package tourists and I absolutely loathe those. I'm not big on resorts or spending a lot of money. I want to spend the bulk of my time checking out ruins and the Cappadocia region.

Old 06-27-2012, 07:20 AM

2,975 posts, read 8,135,847 times
I like culture too, there is plenty to see. Enjoy your time in Turkey.

Old 03-02-2013, 12:42 AM

1 posts, read 1,599 times
Default Welcome to my country

Hope you enjoyed your time in my country , Turkey has got a beautiful nature and friendly people and the west coast line is absolutly remarkable. I line in Marmaris Turkey and running a small travel company here , if any of you ever have the chance to visit Marmaris , i will be glad to help you.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/attac...1&d=1362209979http://www.marmaristravel.net
Attached Thumbnails
Three weeks in Turkey?-denizaa.jpg  

Old 03-02-2013, 06:44 AM

985 posts, read 1,862,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budke View Post
I don't know how much time I'll spend around the coast since I know it'll be full of package tourists and I absolutely loathe those. I'm not big on resorts or spending a lot of money. I want to spend the bulk of my time checking out ruins and the Cappadocia region.
The ruins are mainly along the coast though, where the old Greeks and others settled. But the big tourist towns can be easily avoided.

Actually Cappadocia sounds great.

3 weeks should be ok. Wished I could go too!

Old 03-02-2013, 10:07 AM

15,323 posts, read 24,049,778 times
Turkey is an amazing country. You need at least one week in Istanbul if you want to get a feel for it. I also recommend going to Ephesus which was one of the largest Greek/Roman cities in their empires and where the book of Ephesians is held. Amazing place and if you can get a tour that takes you to Bascilica of St. John (where the Book of John in NT was believed to have been written - Basilica of St. John - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) then do it.

Check out Pamukkale too (Pamukkale - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), Marmaris, Oludeniz, Antalya, etc

Old 03-02-2013, 10:42 AM

8,982 posts, read 10,498,244 times
There's lots to see around Antalya, and it's easy to avoid the tourists if you just head inland a bit. When I was there I visited Olimpos (the Chimaera), Perge, Xanthos and Arykanda. All highly recommended.

Old 03-04-2013, 01:21 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,359,615 times
I'm looking for a trip to Cappadocia now.
I've been to Istanbul and absolutely loved it.

I'm doing a 4 week trip to the Balkans in the spring.
Driving my camper van.

Old 03-04-2013, 03:37 PM

14,835 posts, read 12,131,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotslass View Post
Hi there, if you have 3 weeks to explore Turkey I reckon that is enough to explore the coastal areas!

I would recommend Ölüdeniz, it´s a beautiful resort area with amazing beaches.

I have visited only once and traveled to Marmaris, Izmir and Foça. I would recommend all.
I've been to Oludeniz / Hisarouno (excuse my poor spelling) and I found the locals to be delightful :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World