U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-14-2012, 05:13 PM
 
Location: SWE
887 posts, read 1,448,545 times
Reputation: 808

Advertisements

A good, diverse job market, a growing population with a healthy and sustainable age structure, affordable housing, and decent, spacy neighborhoods aren't cool or exciting at all i guess, quite the opposite. I feel quite sorry for Houstonians, them having to live in such a god awful place
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-14-2012, 06:20 PM
 
2,426 posts, read 3,844,563 times
Reputation: 1461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic_Vega View Post
A good, diverse job market, a growing population with a healthy and sustainable age structure, affordable housing, and decent, spacy neighborhoods aren't cool or exciting at all i guess, quite the opposite. I feel quite sorry for Houstonians, them having to live in such a god awful place
Yeah its a good place to live you made your point but everything you mentioned doesn't make it a particularly special or interesting place. Just a good place to live.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2012, 06:55 PM
 
Location: SWE
887 posts, read 1,448,545 times
Reputation: 808
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoist123 View Post
Yeah its a good place to live you made your point but everything you mentioned doesn't make it a particularly special or interesting place. Just a good place to live.
There's no denying that. In fact, if it wasn't for Leeds, England, my #1 pick for a boring major city would have likely been Houston.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-24-2012, 04:28 AM
 
5,823 posts, read 10,728,732 times
Reputation: 4613
Carcassonne in southern France (and a lot of other small towns in SW France). So provincial and parochial it's painful. And a lot of derelicts, vagrants and drunkards.
And now the spaced out tribe (no they aren't funny guys) who believe in the Mayan prediction of the end of the world on December 12 2012 are flocking to the region because they believe that Armaggeddon , for whatever reason, will spare them if they take refuge on a certain mountain (mount Bugarach)
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-24-2012, 05:20 PM
 
2,816 posts, read 5,751,909 times
Reputation: 3758
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
Carcassonne in southern France (and a lot of other small towns in SW France). So provincial and parochial it's painful. And a lot of derelicts, vagrants and drunkards.
And now the spaced out tribe (no they aren't funny guys) who believe in the Mayan prediction of the end of the world on December 12 2012 are flocking to the region because they believe that Armaggeddon , for whatever reason, will spare them if they take refuge on a certain mountain (mount Bugarach)
Amd what, pray tell, makes Carcassonne a major city?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-24-2012, 08:54 PM
 
277 posts, read 443,975 times
Reputation: 218
San Antonio
Zurich
Atlanta
Fort Lauderdale
Amsterdam
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-24-2012, 09:31 PM
 
Location: Canada
4,761 posts, read 9,131,848 times
Reputation: 5142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bvb_Bryan View Post
Nobody said Toronto?
Toronto used to suck, and it's still far from fantastic, but it's improved enough and has enough going for it that it's kind of unthinkable to put it in a list of the most boring. Toronto has a lot going on these days! It's been at least thirty years since we could legitimately call is a dull bastion of Presbyterian conservatism and corporate culture. Now it's a vibrant, happening city of considerable size with one of the most impressive downtown cores on the North American continent! I wouldn't choose it, but I have to give it enough credit to recognize it should never go on a list like this.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2012, 09:28 PM
 
Location: Australia
4,004 posts, read 5,643,550 times
Reputation: 6816
The 5 most boring cities in the developed world are -

1 Auckland, NZ
2. Auckland, NZ
3. Auckland, NZ
4. Auckland NZ
5. Wellington NZ
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2012, 12:21 AM
 
Location: Scotland
8,024 posts, read 10,694,119 times
Reputation: 4144
Lol Amsterdam boring? Rubbish.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2012, 01:14 PM
 
1,189 posts, read 1,941,271 times
Reputation: 986
Houston
Charlotte
Columbus
Phoenix
The Hague
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top