Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2012, 07:54 PM

2,545 posts, read 3,294,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
You found Melbourne quite boring? That is strange as I prefer Melbourne than Sydney. I lived there for years as there was always something happening there. In addition there are hidden bars and shops in the city and small side streets. Plus every time I visit there there is always something new there.
I think it's pretty funny that a guy who lives in Houston found Melbourne boring. Hilarious! I was fortunate enough to visit Melbourne a few years ago and like you preferred it to Sydney in many ways. A truly fantastic city with great neighborhoods, amazing nightlife and super hot women.

Old 09-11-2012, 08:39 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,570,200 times
A person from Houston finding any city in the world boring except their own is ridiculous.

Old 09-11-2012, 09:08 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,625,697 times
If you go to any city of any size and find yourself bored to death, don't blame the city.

Old 09-11-2012, 09:10 PM

Why not? If there is nothing in said city that is unique or interesting then there is really nothing keeping me there as a tourist. Maybe as a place to live said city would be great, but that is not what we're discussing is it?

Old 09-11-2012, 10:38 PM

109 posts, read 136,855 times
Nobody said Toronto?

Old 09-12-2012, 12:38 PM

888 posts, read 1,591,051 times
I'll nominate Leeds, England as the most boring major city ever seen on earth. Not that i've ever visited, or plan to, but based on my (and i'll admit rather narrow) take, you have absolutely nothing better to do there but to bash Houston on the internet all day long. A few examples..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
A person from Houston finding any city in the world boring except their own is ridiculous.
Quote:
Essentially, the likes of Dallas, Houston and Atlanta are just sprawling messes, more gigantic villages than large cities, cities that large should be a lot denser with a lot more to see and do. Even my city of 750k could rival the attractions of these boring sprawling southern US cities.
Quote:
Houston Snoozeston. 10 lane highways and big box stores, oh goody.
Quote:
Everyone says that about their home city but it's usually untrue
Quote:
Super sprawled cities like Atlanta and Houston have comparatively small downtown's.. and those downtown areas are usually for business only, no shopping, clubbing or dining out.. they all take place in the soulless square box retail parks that make up US suburbs.. Atlanta, Houston and a whole host of other US cities are the epitome of pxss poor urban planning, they have as much culture and vibrancy as an empty pot of yogurt, unless you enjoy traffic jams on 10 lane highways..
Quote:
The likes of Houston and Atlanta are some of the least dense cities in the entire world. Atlanta is geographically larger than Paris and London but the population is much smaller.

Here's a comparison..

Atlanta metro pop. 5,268,860
Paris metro pop. 12,089,098

This picture shows Paris (yellow) over Atlanta.
Quote:
Houston
Dallas
Phoenix
Denver
San Antonio
Memphis
Winnipeg
Dublin
Adelaide
Perth
You sure do like to talk about that god awful place so much, one might wonder do you actually hate it as much as you claim

Old 09-14-2012, 05:57 AM

2 posts, read 3,942 times
Yes,I know about it.
1. New Zealand
2. Australia
3. Switzerland
4. Canada
5. Columbus
http://www.totalservicemanager.com/

Old 09-14-2012, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic_Vega View Post
I'll nominate Leeds, England as the most boring major city ever seen on earth. Not that i've ever visited, or plan to, but based on my (and i'll admit rather narrow) take, you have absolutely nothing better to do there but to bash Houston on the internet all day long. A few examples..

You sure do like to talk about that god awful place so much, one might wonder do you actually hate it as much as you claim
You're not from Houston so why are you bothered if I dislike the place so much? Am I not allowed to express an opinion without being challenged because of it? Please, sir, get your priorities straight. It is not me, after all, who has wasted their valuable time finding posts to quote to try and make a point. Perhaps you should partake in the popular Finnish pastime of becoming an aggressive suicidal drunk (apparently ).

Old 09-14-2012, 01:43 PM

3,842 posts, read 8,265,421 times
LOL @ the Houston bashers who learned about Texas from watching Walker-Texas Ranger. You probably think we have tumbleweeds rolling across the 10 lane freeways that snake through dry parched desert mountains. In SE Texas...

People in Houston know it's not on the same level as Paris or NYC, but at the same time it was the fastest growing city in the US from 2000-2010, growing faster than NYC and Chicago combined. Must be lots of boring folks moving in. Again Houstonians don't think of Houston as a tourist mecca, and nobody is comparing it to San Francisco or Vancouver or even Santa Fe NM for that matter, but it can't be that boring if you can easily find a job, afford a nice house in a decent neighborhood with an average salary, and have money to spare.

Does Forbes or Kiplinger think Houston is boring?

Houston Tops Our List Of America's Coolest Cities - Forbes

Kiplinger.com

Last edited by DanielWayne; 09-14-2012 at 01:53 PM..

Old 09-14-2012, 03:17 PM

2,421 posts, read 4,316,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielWayne View Post
LOL @ the Houston bashers who learned about Texas from watching Walker-Texas Ranger. You probably think we have tumbleweeds rolling across the 10 lane freeways that snake through dry parched desert mountains. In SE Texas...

People in Houston know it's not on the same level as Paris or NYC, but at the same time it was the fastest growing city in the US from 2000-2010, growing faster than NYC and Chicago combined. Must be lots of boring folks moving in. Again Houstonians don't think of Houston as a tourist mecca, and nobody is comparing it to San Francisco or Vancouver or even Santa Fe NM for that matter, but it can't be that boring if you can easily find a job, afford a nice house in a decent neighborhood with an average salary, and have money to spare.

Does Forbes or Kiplinger think Houston is boring?

Houston Tops Our List Of America's Coolest Cities - Forbes

Kiplinger.com
I don't think Houston is boring, I think problem is it's not really interesting either. You won't get bored from it, but there is nothing special or memorable about the place IMO.

Also, any list made by Forbes should be taken with a grain of salt......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World