Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2016, 03:16 PM

42 posts, read 44,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTDominion View Post
I've never been to Toronto, but the cityscape doesn't look bad. I'm not sure why it gets so much negative attention.

Because its boring!!!

It's a highly suburban city in north america, another place dotted with shopping malls, poor public transportation, highways, cookie cutter suburbias

GOOGLE TORONTO IS BORING.... 11,200,000 results!!!

Notice on the video how few people on the streets.... mostly cars and big roads for cars!!!

North America is lame.... You cannot compare it to european cities, south american cities, asian cities where the cities are meant for people, not cars.

I couldn't care less about those two mezzo-american mayans cussing me out (rosa surf and urban luis).... you couldn't pay me enough to live in a place like toronto where the only thing to do is go to the shopping malls and watch hockey!

Old 05-10-2016, 04:18 PM

3,282 posts, read 3,789,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
I think Wellington is a town that has been previously populated for hundreds of years
I meant it is a place that is now on my radar that I am interested in visiting.

Old 05-10-2016, 04:33 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,860,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTDominion View Post
I've never been to Toronto, but the cityscape doesn't look bad. I'm not sure why it gets so much negative attention.
Since you have an open mind - the video you posted isn't at all the best part of the city as its really the Financial District and heavily Office Tower and condo centric. There are things like this - The distillery district right in DT Toronto and there are many nabe's with more human scale charm in the city.. I'm glad some are open minded enough not to fall for the same hater babble over and over like all there is are glass condo's and ugly burbs blah blah - yes the city has enough of that (As most large cities have) but there is much more interesting too..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxAJI2j0D80

Anyway, Toronto isn't a very old city and it hasn't been a big city for long so it doesn't have the history or culture of the London's, Madrid's, Paris' or Istanbul's of the world, but it isn't at all a bad city and there are tons of entertainment options and interesting nabe's to explore.

Last edited by fusion2; 05-10-2016 at 04:53 PM..

Old 05-10-2016, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
I saw a movie filmed in Toronto and it looked amazing, it was called Take this Waltz. It made me want to visit the city.

I just discovered another place that looked very cool, Wellington New Zealand.
Toronto could possibly be the most famous city in the world that people are familiar with its streets and urban landscape not at all knowing what city it is. Reason why is that TONS of Hollywood films and U.S shows are filmed in the city but take place in the U.S..

Here is a trailer to the F Word one of the few movies filmed in Toronto by Hollywood that actually takes place in Toronto..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bnz3eL0SXPs

Last edited by fusion2; 05-10-2016 at 04:57 PM..

Old 05-10-2016, 04:55 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,105,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Since you have an open mind - the video you posted isn't at all the best part of the city as its really the Financial District and heavily Office Tower and condo centric. There are things like this - The distillery district right in DT Toronto and there are many nabe's with more human scale charm in the city.. I'm glad some are open minded enough not to fall for the same hater babble over and over like all there is are glass condo's and ugly burbs blah blah - yes the city has enough of that (As most large cities have) but there is much more interesting too..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxAJI2j0D80

Anyway, Toronto isn't a very old city and it hasn't been a big city for long so it doesn't have the history or culture of the London's, Madrid's, Paris' or Istanbul's of the world, but it isn't at all a bad city and there are tons of entertainment options and interesting nabe's to explore.
Cool video

Toronto is one city I'd like to see, (as is most of Canada).

Old 05-10-2016, 05:03 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,392,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
Cool video

Let us know if you do, so we can help with any questions you might have.

Old 05-10-2016, 05:04 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,392,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
I saw a movie filmed in Toronto and it looked amazing, it was called Take this Waltz. It made me want to visit the city.

I just discovered another place that looked very cool, Wellington New Zealand.
You should, it's a cool place. Let us know if you do.

Old 05-10-2016, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Cool video

Thanks Artemis! Yeah I wouldn't come all the way from Australia to visit just Toronto but visiting a few of Canada's major cities and beautiful landscapes would be a great vacation. I know full well when I go to Australia it won't be just to see Sydney

Old 05-10-2016, 05:09 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,105,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Let us know if you do, so we can help with any questions you might have.
Thanks and definitely will do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Thanks Artemis! Yeah I wouldn't come all the way from Australia to visit just Toronto but visiting a few of Canada's major cities and beautiful landscapes would be a great vacation. I know full well when I go to Australia it won't be just to see Sydney

lol I know, far to go!
I would love to see Vancouver and Montreal too, but also one or two smaller cities as well. lol

Ha.. Many people do just see Sydney... I get it though, it's expensive and far to come but there are stunning parts even just out of Sydney worth visiting

Old 05-10-2016, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Thanks and definitely will do.

lol I know, far to go!
I would love to see Vancouver and Montreal too, but also one or two smaller cities as well. lol

Ha.. Many people do just see Sydney... I get it though, it's expensive and far to come but there are stunning parts even just out of Sydney worth visiting
Call me crazy but i'd love to drive from Melbourne to Adelaide to Darwin with a stopover in Uluru to see the Rock.. Don't know why but I just want to do that drive - its calling me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.