Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 05:50 PM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 8 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,919,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Everywhere, it's just a matter of prioritizing the ones I one to see MOST, or what would be the most suitable to visit.
There is lots of places I like to see, get to know, and explore, but I still have moderate to high standards for my preferences. I know my preferences very well for where I want to visit. Some places just don’t qualify and meet my standards, so those areas I would avoid.

My list for places I want to see is extensively long. My list for places to avoid is shorter but still contains many locations.

It is a lot about prioritizing. For my next 3 international trips, I know exactly where I would visit and a lot of the activities related to that.

Do you know all the plans yet for your next 3 to 5 international trips and areas of those countries to visit? Or are you more spontaneous with traveling and decide just a few weeks before you travel and not one year+ before?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2012, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Ah, the Maldives. Good snorkeling, they say.

I'd like to see Bhutan. Actually, I haven't explored my own home state. I hope to see Yosemite Nat'l Park, and spend a lot of time in the redwoods in N. CA.
I also want to eventually visit Bhutan, although there is around 35 countries I want to visit more before Bhutan.

Bhutan is a unique country internationally, especially mysterious, exotic, and unknown to foreigners. It has a nice location in the Himalayas mountain range nature scenery.

Sometimes I forget the Maldives exists. It does seem good for visiting. However, there is probably 60 other countries I want to visit before Maldives.

Locations that would offer similar, intriguing, and vibrant island travels is Seychelles, Fiji, Reunion, Mauritius, Cape Verde, Saint Lucia, and Tahiti French Polynesia. All of them I actually prefer before Maldives.

Those are appealing places to visit in California. I saw a lot of North America/USA/Canada, including my own home states of Washington and New York states. It is time for me to have more international trips to Europe and Asia.

You said before you visited Switzerland and Taiwan. That is an impressive, fascinating, and vibrant mix of countries to experience. What are all of the other countries that you visited?

Last edited by ; 07-17-2012 at 06:34 PM..

Old 07-17-2012, 08:31 PM

27,564 posts, read 28,659,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
I also want to eventually visit Bhutan, although there is around 35 countries I want to visit more before Bhutan.

Bhutan is a unique country internationally, especially mysterious, exotic, and unknown to foreigners. It has a nice location in the Himalayas mountain range nature scenery.
I've been as close as 20 miles from the Bhutan border in Kalimpong, India. Amazing scenery and unique confluence of Indian and Tibetan culture in that area.

Old 07-18-2012, 08:07 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
LOTS of places. lol. But Germany and Japan are next up on my to do list.
OMG Germany is beautiful! My husband and I just went on a big vacation there last year (I also lived there for three years). If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. It's my favorite country in the world.

Japan is also great - I lived there for three years as well. The people are terrific, very kind and helpful. It's a lovely culture.

Old 07-18-2012, 08:08 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
I've traveled a lot throughout Central Europe. Next on my list (spring 2013) is the UK. I can hardly wait!

My husband and I are planning a trip to New England for the fall of this year. I've never been further north than Pennsylvania, so I am really looking forward to it. We plan to fly into Boston and then drive up the coastline till we hit Canada.

Old 07-20-2012, 06:22 AM

326 posts, read 1,040,997 times
I live in France, and really want to go to Corsica for my next summer holiday. It looks like one of the least spoilt parts of the med, with incredible looking white sand beaches :-)

Other places I'm really keen to visit in the next few years:

Lofoton Islands (Norway)
The Azores
Argentina
Japan and/or Korea
Istanbul

Old 08-09-2012, 03:25 AM

175 posts, read 273,841 times
In recent yaers I have had more of a fascination for countries that in general are not really talked much about. I ended up doing this when i visited riga latvia and I found riga to be one of the most beautiful countries int he world. Seriously, riga has amazing architecture and a beautiful culture.

I'd really like to visit dominican repulbic sometime in the near future.

Old 08-11-2012, 12:29 AM

101 posts, read 193,838 times
East Asia, Southeast Asia, Oceania, Europe, North America, Latin America, Africa

Old 08-11-2012, 02:26 AM

20,633 posts, read 23,874,995 times
Erm America. I've been once and I am hoping to go Longer and visit more places next year. Its actually cheap to go there its just that the flights are a complete rip off.

Old 08-12-2012, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by britinparis View Post
I live in France, and really want to go to Corsica for my next summer holiday. It looks like one of the least spoilt parts of the med, with incredible looking white sand beaches :-)

Other places I'm really keen to visit in the next few years:

Lofoton Islands (Norway)
The Azores
Argentina
Japan and/or Korea
Istanbul
That is a spectacular well-rounded list for your next anticipated trips.

What you say for Corsica is accurate but you can’t forget the clear blue tropical looking waters, mountainous scenery, and charming towns Corsica has.

If I were to visit Corsica I would go to Ajaccio, Bastia, Calvi, Bonifacio, Calanques beaches in Piana+ other beaches too, and inland mountainous scenery around Monte Cinto.

Plenty of people say Corsica offers quite a different experience from Mainland Southeast France: Provence Cote d’Azur and Lanquedoc-Roussilion.

Sometimes I forget the Azores islands exist!

The Azores has a surprising location near the middle of the Atlantic Ocean and it would be fascinating to visit. It is still part of Portugal but probably has a different character from mainland Portugal.

For some people, the Azores is easily confused with being an entirely separate country or being part of Cape Verde.

I wonder how similar the Lofoton islands in Norway is to the rest of the Norweigian coastline such as to Bergen, Trondheim, Alesund, Kirstiansand, Stavenger, and the more southern parts of the Norway fjords.

If I were to visit South America continental region, Argentina would be the first place.

I find Istanbul overrated compared to some people’s overly idealistic perception for it, but it is still an interesting place to experience, especially after going to all of those other places.

Japan and South Korea are phenomenal worthwhile locations to explore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World