Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 10:47 AM

3,393 posts, read 4,010,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
It's strange is it not that Superman, Batman & Spiderman are all played by Brits.
I was thinking about this when I was watching one of my favorite shows "The Walking Dead". Almost fell out of my chair when they interviewed the star, Andrew Lincoln. I had NO IDEA he was a Brit, and I watched two full seasons! I wonder why Brits and Aussies are so good at copying accents and most Americans (Tom Cruise in Far & Away? Yuck!) are so bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2012, 01:50 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,348,018 times
Brits spend more time listening to American accents than vice versa.

Old 07-27-2012, 12:18 AM

61 posts, read 114,676 times
Just see the overseas box office and how popular they are in other countries.

Old 08-12-2012, 03:22 AM

10,644 posts, read 16,027,294 times
Iron Man, the Dark Knight and Blade i really like all the other ones i can enjoy but only for a one time watch.

Spiderman trilogy was not that bad, just find Tobey McGuire to soft for the role.
Haven't heard anything good from other people about the new one so i didn't see it (yet?) well i will not spend money on it that's for sure.

I went to the Avengers movie when i saw it had a 9.2 rating on the IMDB website, went in there with the thought that it would blow away all the other superhero movies, almost fell asleep a couple times but maybe this was because i just came from a 12 hour plane and smoked a weed joint for the first time in over a month, anyway i thought it was very overrated, it's okay but not more than a 7, good for a rent/cheap buy to expensive in the cinema.
I had to spend 24 euro's (30 dollars) in the Netherlands to see it, 9.50 for the movie + 2 for IMAX + 2 for 3D,
3.50 for a large coke and 7 to park my car for three hours.

Old 08-12-2012, 03:43 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,187,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I recently watched the latest Amazing Spiderman on IMAX 3D. The Dark Night Rises will also be coming out soon.

It got me wondering: How are these superhero movies - like Superman, Batman and Spiderman - received in other countries? Do people relate to these staples of American pop culture?
Of course. Every culture has superheroes, many of them traditional ones that go back centuries.
Before all this current jazz, the U.S. had Paul Bunyan...we were read stories about his feats in grade school, and there are songs about him. It is no different in other countries, so these specifically American superheroes just fit into a traditional mode.

I'm wondering if in some places the American connection even registers as important.

Old 08-12-2012, 10:56 AM

175 posts, read 273,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
Of course. Every culture has superheroes, many of them traditional ones that go back centuries.
Before all this current jazz, the U.S. had Paul Bunyan...we were read stories about his feats in grade school, and there are songs about him. It is no different in other countries, so these specifically American superheroes just fit into a traditional mode.

I'm wondering if in some places the American connection even registers as important.
just wondering, why the constant hostility towards america? I notice it in most your post. You even in earlier post bragged about how it was good not to be in america anymore yet looking at your post history that seems to be all your talking about.

Again, I just notice it as a constant theme through your post and find it pretty bizarre and strange.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World