Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 06:13 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,879,942 times

Advertisements

I'm talking of what I know, Parisian women are extremely snobbish, the creed or skin color doesn't play a role as long is he is well dressed (that is a prerequisite) has a higher social level (wouldn't date a working class guy) and of course a lot of $$$$ (or € rather). The difference with the US women is that they don't like mscular men but only "metrosexuals".

Old 07-20-2012, 01:48 PM

102,228 posts, read 108,040,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
In Europe, as a rule, women and men a like tend to look at the personality without as much focus on the looks.
A fair number of women in the US do this, too.

Old 07-20-2012, 10:18 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,098,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
A fair number of women in the US do this, too.
True, but European relationships seem more intellectually-based.

Old 07-20-2012, 10:33 PM

77 posts, read 200,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabiSankor View Post
[b]

A guy who looks like this would have a VERY tough time in the US, but how would he do in say France or Italy?

Well that is the biggest load of crap I have ever read on this forum. A guy who looks like that would have tons of women all over him in any part of the US.

American women and European women have fairly similar tastes in men as far as appearances go. I'd say the biggest difference are more along the lines of how men dress. A trendy/stylish man will do a bit better in Europe, while a more rugged looking man will do a bit better in America.

Old 07-21-2012, 12:05 AM

1,189 posts, read 2,555,922 times
The guy in that picture is very attractive. He looks like a model. Models are typically attractive. Most men don't look like models period. You should show a picture of a regular everyday guy.

Old 07-21-2012, 12:56 AM

318 posts, read 626,537 times
To the OP, I live in Australia which is very Anglicised and that guy would have no problem finding dates here, women would be swimming over him. Lmao. No matter what race/culture you are, if you're good looking, you'll attract people.

Anyway, I'll answer your question. I think Europeans are less hung up about race than Americans and tend to judge more on culture. Just an observation I've made. I know an American Asian guy who spent two years in Europe and while, derogatory Asian stereotypes are quite prevalent in the Western world, and they don't seem to be as common in Europe, and in Europe, girls found him interesting and exotic, in America, they did not.

Old 07-21-2012, 10:19 AM

1,725 posts, read 2,069,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabiSankor View Post
I live in San Francisco and have had difficulties getting dates due to my ethnicity, a lot of women have openly told me "your indian? well I mean you are a decent guy but no way I would date you".
The problem for you is that somehow Indians, who swarmed the Silicon Valley, managed to make a bad impression. At least on girls you tried to date.

Things are likely to be different in some other place in America. Unless you happen to approach snobbish girls, fixed on ethnicity
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World